• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Night time option. Have lights in the buildings. Would look pretty cool under moonlight.

DeletedUser110835

Have a night time option/button for the worlds. I think it would look very nice with lights and glowing animations under moonlight. I figga it would take allot off work/programming to achieve but it would be worth it. FOE Could make a big thing off it. Big release date. Good promotion for the game its self. They could also have night time quests? Make the first quest a chance to have moonlight and have a new moonlight building. Have moonlight themed quests. Light rain would be nice as well with sounds of rain and a owl and fox noises in the background?

DeletedUser110195

Somehow, I feel this will end up in do-not-suggest, sounds akin to asking them to allow us to rotate buildings which would take less work than this as it merely needs buildings to get more art of them done. Still, I like the idea of having the lighting gradually fade to darkness and then come back up, having buildings lit up internally and maybe finally the lamp decorations being able to serve some purpose. +1

DeletedUser108047

more animated gifs? More server & browser load? More animations to turn off to keep the game running (not sure how I wen subscript!)

also I'm gmt+10 so nighttime in my city would be when I'm waking up... so kind of cool but king of weird at the same time

DeletedUser103370

more animated gifs? More server & browser load? More animations to turn off to keep the game running (not sure how I wen subscript!)

also I'm gmt+10 so nighttime in my city would be when I'm waking up... so kind of cool but king of weird at the same time

With this logic, the GUI would never advance, and as I pointed out in another post, we could stick to a text based interface. Then you wouldn't have to complain about loading times and lag...
It's simple, the game looks better, it attracts more people. Of course the lag is another question, but let the devs have a headache how to do it.

And it wouldn't matter what time-zone you're in either, if implemented correctly it would always align to yours, since the client handles it. In other words it would be nighttime, when it is really nighttime for you.

On a side-note, if it was up to me I'd of course put a handy on/off switch for this one too in the settings, then everybody is happy.

DeletedUser96901

I figga it would take allot off work/programming to achieve but it would be worth it.
I don't think the work would be worth it

must players would turn it off because it would increase the already too high memory usage

DeletedUser50023

I like the idea of a few more background noises - I assume that they wouldn't be the resource hog that nighttime or rain animations would be, but they would be nice non the less.

DeletedUser108047

they can't/won't synchronise the game clock across time zones so I don't think they'd create a night/day option

DeletedUser110195

That's not even the hard part of doing this, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement a clock in game that could be set to local time, which this would then direct the day/night animations. Creating those animations would be the hard part, I suspect the real reason we can't rotate buildings is they'd have to have every object in the game drawn four times and this would call for even more, as buildings would need internal lighting and different external light levels, they'd have to have everything drawn a dozen times.

DeletedUser103370

That's not even the hard part of doing this, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement a clock in game that could be set to local time, which this would then direct the day/night animations. Creating those animations would be the hard part, I suspect the real reason we can't rotate buildings is they'd have to have every object in the game drawn four times and this would call for even more, as buildings would need internal lighting and different external light levels, they'd have to have everything drawn a dozen times.

I second that. It's just a graphic, which could be displayed by the client according to local time. It doesn't need any server sync or such, on the other hand it's a valid argument that this could further increase memory usage and lag. This is the most painful part of the crappy flash, I'd be so happy to see this game completely done in html5, canvas graphics and stuff. Just daydreaming, don't mind me :)