• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Night and day

• Thread starter anthonyrossmcgrath
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Why is there no night and day graphics in this game? Its always day time, i think it would look awesome if there were real time night and day graphics like there are in tribal wars. what you think??

DeletedUser

It's a reasonable idea, but I think one problem is not everybody is living in the same time zone. Besides that, the devs would have to create an entirely new graphic for each building (and they are not fast to do anything lol)

DeletedUser

Is there a server time posted some where?

There is a server time that is used when your Event History log shows what time any events happened. However there is no way to see the current server time in game as of now.

DeletedUser5026

Hey Not So Fast,

The server seems to take reference from GMT 0, so you can calculate the current server time if you know the time zone you're in. e.g. if you are in GMT -8, then you're 8 hours behind server time, so just add 8 hours to your current time to get server time.

There has been a push to have server time and local time displayed within the game over here: (click me), so do visit there if you're keen on the idea to lend your support.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

Oh wow, beautiful work there unpxre :) Would not mind seeing this in the game.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

If its a pure eye candy then you can set it to show to what ever GMT you are in. It might be a nice polish but IMO its should be a very low priorty until they can fix the memory issues. As it is many people already have to play with visual effects turned off and adding a new layer of effects wont help...

EDIT:
Btw, it might be too dark in cities of earlier ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would be great if they added this to the game, maybe seasons too? All the windows should be lit as well, so you don't need lanterns to see. That or they could make road pieces with streetlights. ..we can dream I guess lol

DeletedUser

Player should have a chance to turn the daytime/nighttime off, like with the visualizations.

Emberguard

Legend
There is a server time that is used when your Event History log shows what time any events happened. However there is no way to see the current server time in game as of now.
Daily Challenges show you the server time

028CC4D2-1D39-490B-AA13-0C44606B3408.jpeg

....and now I just realised the threads from 2013 :lol: oh well. Nice thread find Shad :)

DeletedUser111359

They've been very clear for a VERY long time, that spending resources to create extra art, to allow buildings to rotate is never going to happen.

That at least is something that would improve game play, and not just be visual candy.

If they aren't going to expend the resources on improving game play, they certainly aren't going to do it for something that is 100% cosmetic.