• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Next Quest Animation "bumping"

• Thread starter DeletedUser14881
  • Start date

DeletedUser14881

Prior to the latest update, when completing several quests in a row (usually the recurring ones) the "panel" of the completed quest used to slide left and the new one slide up smoothly. Now, the one comes almost abruptly because of the scrollbar of the overall panel, the one that groups the three active quests — which I don't know why it appears since my monitor isn't small (just not huge) — is appearing and disappears too fast, almost flickering.

Unfortunately, it's not something I can show here, but it's very annoying.

DeletedUser110419

Definitely an issue if you already have a Story Quest and a Bonus Quest and are cycling through the Recurring Quests. This animation used to be just fine. The latest update ruined it.

DeletedUser104881

Thanks for the report. Please could I ask you to confirm which browser you are using and if it is only when more than one quest is completed, or if the flickering occurs after any quest is completed. Is each quest already completed when given or do you need to actively complete a quest for the issue to occur?

DeletedUser110419

I'm going to take a stab that the OP did not mean 'completing several quests', but 'aborting several quests', as the quest window is not open when a quest is completed.

I use the up-to-date Chrome browser (Windows 10).

This is only a problem when there is a Story Quest and a Bonus Quest and I am aborting through several Recurring Quests. The animation used to realize that the outgoing quest (the one just aborted) is being replaced by an incoming quest and the animation displayed very nicely.

Now, the animation seems to say, "Ah, I'm going from 3 quests down to 2 quests so I don't need the scroll bar any longer." Then turns around and says, "Okay, a new quest is incoming, I'd better display the scroll bar again." The result is that the animation bounces up and down like a yo-yo as I abort several recurring quests in a row.

(A scroll bar is only needed if there are at least three quests being displayed.)

DeletedUser14881

I'm going to take a stab that the OP did not mean 'completing several quests', but 'aborting several quests', as the quest window is not open when a quest is completed.

I use the up-to-date Chrome browser (Windows 10).

This is only a problem when there is a Story Quest and a Bonus Quest and I am aborting through several Recurring Quests. The animation used to realize that the outgoing quest (the one just aborted) is being replaced by an incoming quest and the animation displayed very nicely.

Now, the animation seems to say, "Ah, I'm going from 3 quests down to 2 quests so I don't need the scroll bar any longer." Then turns around and says, "Okay, a new quest is incoming, I'd better display the scroll bar again." The result is that the animation bounces up and down like a yo-yo as I abort several recurring quests in a row.

(A scroll bar is only needed if there are at least three quests being displayed.)
Much better description, indeed. Thank you... except for the stab XD

I also notice the problem was gone when I (finally) finished the last Story Quest. With only 3 recurring the bimping doesn't appear anymore becaus ethe scrollbar is always visible.