• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

next building

DeletedUser15109

is there a list of what order to build production buildings? not sure which building to build next?

DeletedUser5026

Hey dimwit,

There is no prescribed order of building production buildings. Most people go for the most efficient one. How you define "most efficient" will vary from person to person. Some would say that the most efficient buildings are the ones that produce the most supplies in an hour, those buildings tend to take up lots of space and require a larger population (e.g. goat farm, farm, tobacco plantations), so people don't really put many of them, but their high output means that it works out just now, and you only need to click a few times to set all the buildings. Of course, if you get plundered, you lose a lot as well.

Others (myself included) prefer buildings that occupy a small space, and require little population, so many of them can be built (e.g. alchemists, clockmakers). They produce a smaller amount of supplies, and you have to click multiple times to set all of them, in order to get the same total hourly production as the larger buildings above. Being plundered when doing this is less painful, of course.

I would churn out some math, if you wish to see it, but this is what I would say, for now.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser9070

Hey dimwit,

There is no prescribed order of building production buildings. Most people go for the most efficient one. How you define "most efficient" will vary from person to person. Some would say that the most efficient buildings are the ones that produce the most supplies in an hour, those buildings tend to take up lots of space and require a larger population (e.g. goat farm, farm, tobacco plantations), so people don't really put many of them, but their high output means that it works out just now, and you only need to click a few times to set all the buildings. Of course, if you get plundered, you lose a lot as well.

Others (myself included) prefer buildings that occupy a small space, and require little population, so many of them can be built (e.g. alchemists, clockmakers). They produce a smaller amount of supplies, and you have to click multiple times to set all of them, in order to get the same total hourly production as the larger buildings above. Being plundered when doing this is less painful, of course.

I would churn out some math, if you wish to see it, but this is what I would say, for now.

Cheers,
L.R.

Pretty much that but also take consideration of the number of plausible motivation you get on those buildings, since you get a larger amount on a bigger building, which is why some high level players choose a slightly less ressource/square effective building but relies on motivations to more than make up for it. Also affected by great buildings.

DeletedUser653

I suspect Taeriyn's comment was made tongue-in-check and was a little bit of humor, so other than a simple pun that I am sure made a few of us smile there was no harm done and I am sure none was intended.

DeletedUser10684

I lolled at the "Hey Dimwit" too.

Aside from that, I tend to think in terms of which building produces the most supplies per population or per area depending on what is most limited at the time, I.e. smaller buildings (as Lone Ranger says) generally work out to produce more supplies per unit of population. If I'm short on population I will build more of these, currently Clock Makers (4.71 prod/pop).

If space is limited then Tobacco Plantations are just ahead of Clock Makers (56.25 prod/area compared to 53.33). This of course assumes my maths is correct and doesn't take motivation into account. Though in the end, I just build a mix of both for balance.