• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Newish nOOb's takeaways and tips for new players

Usual Suspect

Corporal
As for putting in a 'Traz, don't bother with it until you've unlocked a fairly decent amount of land... it's one of the largest GB's in the game, and you're *MUCH* better off first of all putting down & leveling up to Lv10-11;
1. Zeus + CoA + CdM (your basic military buildings)
2. The Arc (licence to print fps + medals at will)
3. Chateaux Frontenac (your main 'resource farming' GB)
4. Temple of Relics (bonus GE prizes)

The Arc is a license to print fps/medals because it increases the rewards from donating to GB's ? some of the highest lvl ones pay into the thousands of fps and tens of thousands of medals. I donated to one high lvl GB and noticed two more high lvl players weigh in (donate) thousands of fps... hundreds/thousands more than the position paid out. Logically this is because they receive much more in return due to bonuses.

Am I completely wrong or did I get the gist of it ?

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
I donated to one high lvl GB and noticed two more high lvl players weigh in (donate) thousands of fps... hundreds/thousands more than the position paid out. Logically this is because they receive much more in return due to bonuses.
Most people you see doing that will have a Level 80+ Arc (Or a few levels below 80, it doesn't make much of a difference). A level 80 Arc will give a 90% bonus, and each level after that will add it by 0.1%, which results in Arc's with a level of ≥180 giving a 100% bonus.

For instance, a reward chest gives 1000 FP's. With a Level 80 Arc, you would get 1000*1.9=1900 FP's in the chest. With a Level ≥180 Arc, you would multiply that value by 2 to give 2000 FP's. Same concept applies to medals and BP's.

***Note: All values are rounded to the nearest whole number, so you won't receive 1/3 of an FP or 3/4 of a BP***

Powe

Brigadier-General
The Arc is a license to print fps/medals because it increases the rewards from donating to GB's ? some of the highest lvl ones pay into the thousands of fps and tens of thousands of medals. I donated to one high lvl GB and noticed two more high lvl players weigh in (donate) thousands of fps... hundreds/thousands more than the position paid out. Logically this is because they receive much more in return due to bonuses.

Am I completely wrong or did I get the gist of it ?
You got the gist of it. My Arc is still only level 4.

Powe

Brigadier-General
You get more score from negotiations than you do from battles
Aid your neighbours, don't attack them. Not only do you get coins, but also the chance of blueprints for Great Buildings.
Do the daily challenge if you can. Every 7th completed challenge gives you a serious reward
1 depends on the negotiation.
2 is completely wrong.
Do you really call that a serious reward?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Take part in the Guild Battleground. The Statue of Honour (and Road to Victory) are well worth acquiring.
In BA through EMA, it is a space-hog, especially if you're tacking on the RtV's... while it's stats are definitely great, it is far more important to first of all establish your basic economy. (ie: Arc + Chateaux)

Once it's unlocked however, *DO* try to fight as many encounters per day as you're able to in the GBG's, as each encounter can produce various rewards! (ie: fp's, goods, more troops, and even a few diamonds!)

As has been said, take part in the Guild Expedition to as high a level as you can. If the battles get too much (and on L4 they are a nightmare) then try negotiating.
Also, always remember to activate your bonus turn from the Friend's Tavern... and never, ever use diamonds for the extra turn, unless you've already made enough to cover the cost!
(ie: if I win say 25 dias early on, then I can safely spend 10 dias on the final encounter of Lv3 if I am guaranteed to win it)

You get more score from negotiations than you do from battles
Early on, yes.
By Industrial/Progressive era, not a chance in hell. :P

Remember, the pts you earn via battles is your 'victory score' divided by 50.
So an EMA/HMA battle giving out say 2000 vp's, is really only 40pts added to your player score. A Future era battle that may give out 50k vp's? That's 1000pts.

Aid your neighbours, don't attack them. Not only do you get coins, but also the chance of blueprints for Great Buildings.
As a general rule, I only ever aid the top 20 in my 'hood...
Why? Because a) they are typically all active players, and b) it's generally not worth the resources incurred to try and attack/plunder them.

Other than that, NEVER AID YOUR NEIGHBOURS!!
These guys are where you can fill out annoying quests such as "win X battles" and/or "win X battles in a row without losing in between" during events. (as most of the bottom half of your 'hood will typically be 2 spearchumpie auto-wins)
Plus, sometimes you can pull off some decent plunders as well. *insert evil grin here*

Do the daily challenge if you can. Every 7th completed challenge gives you a serious reward.
Only if the cost to complete is worth the possible prize. ie: NEVER do *anything* that demands C-map sector/province clearing. (also, as long as you have 0 'open' uncompleted provinces, you will **never** get any tasks asking for sectors/province clearing;))
Or for example, don't waste goods in treasury donations for things like 200 medals or a couple fragments, etc...

The settlements are slow, and irritating, but they offer rewards. You don't have to complete them within a certain time, and on completion of your first Viking settlement you will get the Tree of Life (Yggdrasil) which is very useful - coins, supplies, FPs and att bonus! Worth finishing a Viking settlement for!
The Lv1 buildings are worthless. Absolutely DO complete the settlements and max-level those buildings, because they are fething broken as all gak!:P

Yes, it may be a miserable experience, especially the 15x required to complete the awful Vikings settlement, but the rewards are the most heinously broken buildings in the game.
On the plus side, the Japan & especially the Egypt settlements are a breeze to complete within the time frames to earn at least 1x the secondary buildings.

Controversially, I'm not convinced about the benefits of Wishing Wells. They don't throw out masses of diamonds, and they do take up valuable space. As a new player, don't become blinkered from your objectives by a lust for diamonds, diamonds are simply a tool.
WW's are best left to secondary worlds you'll use simply as 'Diamond Farms'.
ie: a world with only the bare minimum basics such as Zeus/CdM/ToR/etc... for quickly completing GE every week + as many WW's/shrunken WW's as you can possibly cram in.

Usual Suspect

Corporal
great tips :)
much appreciated, especially the aiding first 20 neighbors... I usually leave them all open to complete various tasks if called for.
Never thought of not biting on Cmap daily events, will do better about not biting on those... im an age ahead in battles so its a pain in the ass to complete them. Diamond farms, I have about 18, 17 are lil ones, and two crows nest... I am not looking to add any more... it will be tough to trade them in at the antique dealers. Not looking to start up another world... I have one I donate to and two others to pass the time. I use the GE to complete tasks, I rarely complete the entire level, always complete the daily challenges :)

Going to take the vet's advice about GBs, three military ones to lvl 10 (and the lighthouse/already built) then focus on the arc :) My villas provide me with troops so I dont need traz... I have seen some new players city's, not much land freed up and this massive GB taking up space... my city is bad enough with all my villas but I am looking to the long haul not the present or near future.

Usual Suspect

Corporal
When I first changed the start time that exact same thing happened to me... I learn through mistakes, in life and in game haha

Emberguard

Legend
Is there much benefit in having many unleveled GB's, is it better to level 2-3 before placing any more?
Depends on whether you're then going to be able to level them up once you have them and what you could have placed instead

It's cheaper on a per level basis to switch between Zeus, CoA and CDM than focusing on one until it reaches lvl 10. But you still need to be able to reasonably raise them to a point where they'd be actually giving benefit for the space taken up

Usual Suspect

Corporal
When I was toying around with the other farm buildings in the set I came across something that is known to probably most of you vets... you dont need to be attached to the main building to get the bonuses and you dont need to place them in the order it shows.
I maxed out 3 wheat fields, 30% coin revenue and 36% att bonus :)screenshot-en7.forgeofempires.com-2020.09.11-05_27_51.png

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
When I was toying around with the other farm buildings in the set I came across something that is known to probably most of you vets... you dont need to be attached to the main building to get the bonuses and you dont need to place them in the order it shows.
I maxed out 3 wheat fields, 30% coin revenue and 36% att bonus :)View attachment 21912
I'd honestly suggest getting rid of the Barn itself... (ie: just use a store building kit to put it back into your inventory)

To get the max production from it, you need to get it to Lv4, AND, you then have to basically sacrifice the fields themselves, which are the real gems of this event.
Consider that for the same space as the Barn will devour, you could have 1x Begonia Bench + 2x Ochre Yards.

The production from the Barn, which is entirely dependent on having 1x each additional field, can be gotten through better event buildings and/or settlement reward buildings.

I noticed something that I hope some of the vets can shed some light on... I noticed on many of the highest lvl players that they mix and match sets of buildings. All buildings are from the same set. The Cherry garden set in particular, there was way more sakura rocks... I think they were attached by another piece from the set, not directly tied to each other. Is this possible ?
I also noticed it with the Indian Palace set, with maharaja's palace being seemingly connected together, was four of them in the one city.
The only thing in sets which matters is set buildings should connected, type of building doesn't matter. Many players remove nishikigoi pomds and add in a Sakura rock because Sakurai give att boost

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The only thing in sets which matters is set buildings should connected, type of building doesn't matter. Many players remove nishikigoi pomds and add in a Sakura rock because Sakurai give att boost
Yep...

As another example, the set I'm aiming for from the current event is:

Wheat - Begonia - Wheat
Ochre - Scarecrow - Ochre
Wheat ------------- Wheat

Everything gets it's max connection bonuses, and it'll give me iirc;
5 fps + 10? goods + medals
48% atk
16% def
AND
The 4 spaces around the Ochre fields can be filled in with 4x Lv2 Sentinel Towers for another 16% def. :)

All in 42 squares & 0 roads required :P

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I'd honestly suggest getting rid of the Barn itself... (ie: just use a store building kit to put it back into your inventory)

I like your thinking :)

As another example, the set I'm aiming for from the current event is:

Wheat - Begonia - Wheat
Ochre - Scarecrow - Ochre
Wheat ------------- Wheat

Everything gets it's max connection bonuses, and it'll give me iirc;
5 fps + 10? goods + medals
48% atk
16% def
AND
The 4 spaces around the Ochre fields can be filled in with 4x Lv2 Sentinel Towers for another 16% def. :)

All in 42 squares & 0 roads required :P

That is a killer set... I would be foolish not to follow your example :)

Usual Suspect

Corporal
tried the wheat combo and nada (buy same logic ochre combo wont work), one wheat combines with barn and full att bonus, other just coins.
I think it has to be different buildings to get the bonus. barn-wheat- ochre-begonia-wheat nets full bonus for all of them, my 3rd wheat maxed out by barn-wheat-2nd begonia... going to attach ochre-wheat-1st barn to max out another set hopefully max out the begonia and add another 2 to barn.
Hopefully it works, barn will be 1 away from maxed out :)
Also, the barn can attach itself to multiple buildings of the same (example, my barn attached itself to 2 wheat) going to try a 3rd when I set up my next barn/
buildings... I have enough for two sets :)
I went all in at the start, used all my diamonds to get ingredients and donated, won 4 cottages that I upgraded to Appleton... missing 2 upgrades to get a 5th.

Last edited: