• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Newbie plundering thresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

I agree there should be reward for combat, I didn't say there shouldn't you are missing my point entirely. One more time, those who wish to raid and fight each other can, and the reward of plundering is still available to them WITH LIKE MINDED PARTICIPANTS, I am playing this game because I was invited to play by friends, the don't play your other game. I wouldn't play it anyway, nor would I recommended simply because of the close mindedness I have experienced in this game forum.
Build a couple military buildings, open up the two coin/supplies slots and put all 8 units on defense. 2 ranged buildings should do, if your plunderer is the same age he'll take quite a hit getting the right to plunder something. If there's one time of day you know you can be on for a good half hour, then do 1 day productions at that time as soon as you get in. Days of there being nothing worth plundering will make the guy give up. Or you could try sending a friend invite, friends can't attack each other.

+1

I have not read beyond the first few posts but wanted to make sure that it was proposed that as soon as a player attacks another - regardless of any other threshold to ensure their own saftey - they immediately become open to attack and plunder.

This stops a new city (which is not necessarily a new player) going on a rampage with 2-3 spearmen without any repercussion from those they attack.

DeletedUser15986

+1

I have not read beyond the first few posts but wanted to make sure that it was proposed that as soon as a player attacks another - regardless of any other threshold to ensure their own saftey - they immediately become open to attack and plunder.

This stops a new city (which is not necessarily a new player) going on a rampage with 2-3 spearmen without any repercussion from those they attack.

I'd agree if it was changed to "plunders another". Attacks themselves are harmless.

I'd agree if it was changed to "plunders another". Attacks themselves are harmless.
The reason I said 'attack' was because attack always has the potential to lead to plunder but there is not always something to plunder after an attack. So, the better way to view it is that if a player knows enough (or thinks they do!) to attack someone else, they are no longer in need of (or deserving of) protection.

DeletedUser15986

The reason I said 'attack' was because attack always has the potential to lead to plunder but there is not always something to plunder after an attack. So, the better way to view it is that if a player knows enough (or thinks they do!) to attack someone else, they are no longer in need of (or deserving of) protection.

Potential is irrelevant IMO, it's what actually happens that should dictate the response. I don't see any reason to punish them if they are trying out neighbourhood combat to see what that aspect of the game is like, nor if they want to try getting medals from the PvP tower. If they don't plunder then it's fair that they keep their own plunder protection until it expires naturally.

Cuthwolf

Captain
Instead: how about educating the new player? For the first, say, five plunders a pop-up message appears saying -
"Aww, you got plundered. You should collect on time or place a defence" , then explaining what that means.

Instead: how about educating the new player? For the first, say, five plunders a pop-up message appears saying -
"Aww, you got plundered. You should collect on time or place a defence" , then explaining what that means.
And do this within the first 5 minutes of the game, while still explaining about what roads are and how to place buildings?

I completely agree with some tutorial on defence (all a player is told at the moment is to build troops, as though they will automatically defend) and on the issues surrounding plunder. I think it makes sense to give a player time to learn at least the basic game concepts (e.g. roads, buidlings, coins, supplies, population, troops) and have time to actually do something about being attacked before they get attacked. There is no point telling a newbie to 'collect on time' while the only buildings he knows about are producing coins every 5 minutes!

I'm a new enough player to remember the frustrations. I had the time to look up - using general Internet searches - what the heck I was supposed to do about being attacked. Two people I referred the game to did not have that time: they simply quit playing after concluding (accurately) that the game is stacked so much against a person starting to play that it just isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.