• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Newbie plundering thresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15432

Proposal:
Prevent players from plundering newbies until a threshold is met.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
None

Reason:
Players that just got into the game can get 'farmed' by more experienced players, which can make them quit the game out of frustration before they even really get into it.

Details:
When a new player starts the game, they cannot be plundered (they can get attacked) until a certain threshold is met.
For example, after 40 Forge Points have been used, they can be considered developed and into the game mechanics enough to create a defense.
40 comes from: 25 Points needed to create Slinger - 10 you get when you start is only 15 hours of play time, of which they may only have logged into twice.
36 points needed to create Horseman. A lot of researches needed before you can get this, so you should understand mechanics by then.

The newbie can also get to this threshold by creating a second military building.
A second building means they are building a military and thus are ready for battles and the consequences.

Another threshold could be when they reach 3x the 24hour production value of a Hunter in Supplies.
That means that they've been playing for 3 days and should be into the game enough to face every feature.

EDIT: Perhaps just make it a general 'Resources collected' threshold, this way it can include coins too. Or a 4th threshold for coins alone depending on balance issues. - credit to Bloodwyn for pointing out coins abuse

Visual Aids:
None

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
- One abuse would be "don't build military buildings" which would be overwritten by the Forge Points trigger, and vice versa.
- Or someone could just not build military buildings and not spend 40 Forge Points, but in that case the third threshold takes place, to prevent farming of resources by not meeting the other 2 thresholds.
- The last abuse to keep this temporary 'plunder immunity' would be to not play at all.. and I don't really think that counts as abuse.

- L

Good idea, however, there should also be an abuse time limit as some new players just collect resources, donate points to others and do not actually progress their cities at all - say 100 game hours
+1 for this idea

DeletedUser98682

Initailly my thoughts are that the idea has merit - the reason i say this is because i recently started another on beta and with in 10 mins of being there i had been attacked 6 times! - this said i didnt loose any goods because i simply had not had time to produce them. (of course there was the chance they could of come back later - but luckily they didnt).
i have read through this a couple of times and it's clear alot of time and thought has gone into putting this idea together and although its a great idea im afrraid i feel there are too many variables to make it a realistic and viable option to implement - so sorry Lodroth this has to be a -1 from me. Dont let this disuade you from putting anymore forward though and dont give this up as a lost cause - the devs may yet see a possible way forward for it :-)
Tracy

DeletedUser

In my own humble opinion, if you really think closely, if you're a high player there isn't much interest in plundering a noob on a constant basis. If you're also a low player constantly plundering another noob then somehow there is a possibility that the wheel of fortune will turn round at some point, if you know what I mean !

I am a noob and I do plunder other noobs but as a good practise (because I know how it feels) I have put in my profile description that I may plunder BUT :
1) not constantly the same
2) not everyday either - I may also attack and not plunder -
3) it doesn't help when people have no army (ye ye I know we had conversations on this topic already)
4) if I'm not attacking I will polivate
5) if people take my trades I will not plunder them (knowing that my trades are all fair)

I think this is a nice balance between playing the game in a competitive way while still trying to remain courteous and not discharge my personal anger on others (lol I'm only kidding but you know what I mean , right)
At the end of the day the plundering function is there so we're entitled to use it but reaching a balance is in my opinion a good attitude (and we all know that FoE is about balance, don't we :o )

DeletedUser13082

+1

Personally I think if a player is 2-3 ages below another player then the higher player shouldn't be able to plunder as it is pretty unfair in my opinion. The lower player won't stand much chance in a battle if he tries to fight back as his units will be far weaker than those of 2-3 ages higher.

DeletedUser

also being a newbie, well a FAIRLY newbie to the game, i know and remember quite well what it is like to spend 1,4,8 hrs waiting on something needed for a quest or a R&D.... only to come back oh however many minutes too late and find it has been taken by someone way out of my league to even wreak vengence upon. ..... and several players in the guild i am currently in (3rd Echo) have expressed the same sentiments. how can one possibly advance and do what is needed TO advance, when someone else is constantly taking that which they have produced/paid for?? ..... i fully agree that there should be thresholds of some kind. because this is the very reason not many of the players in our guild for beginners ever get past iron age, if they even get TO IA. !!

DeletedUser13805

i well remember being a newbie and getting plundered by strong players the most frustrating thing was i couldnt hit them back other than send them nasty messages as i would blow my top it took some time for me to get used to it in one world i had to quit the game as it was to much there was a whole guild all devoted to plundering and i had a lot of there players in my hood so it was a horrable time. how on earth the devs think its a fun aspect to the game beats me as if i could of personaly met these people who plundered me i would of boxed there heads off and knocked them for six : )

DeletedUser98682

i well remember being a newbie and getting plundered by strong players the most frustrating thing was i couldnt hit them back other than send them nasty messages as i would blow my top it took some time for me to get used to it in one world i had to quit the game as it was to much there was a whole guild all devoted to plundering and i had a lot of there players in my hood so it was a horrable time. how on earth the devs think its a fun aspect to the game beats me as if i could of personaly met these people who plundered me i would of boxed there heads off and knocked them for six : )

Probbally a good thing this is just a game then ;-) :p

DeletedUser2989

The concept of early "immunity" from plundering has been forwarded, the exact threshold is up for discussion within Inno but it's been suggested that the "immunity" is removed after/during the Bronze Age.

DeletedUser653

OT please stop dragging up posts either already implemented or dead. no reason to bring a tread from a year ago to life by giving it a +1.
New players get protection for limited period so please please stop making me read all these old posts you keep digging up

DeletedUser110672

After being raided by a bully for days now, I've had it, this is my last resort before I go all out with a larger form of attack against bullying and this games incessant promotion of it
I am sick of being raided by a bully and I'm tired of your excuses so, as I refuse to be bullied and ignored here is your solution.
When players take control of provinces that have the towers that tell them they can now compete in PvP tournaments, they should be given the option NOT TO PARTICIPATE in these "tournaments". Once a player opts out they cannot raid or be raided, this can simply be governed by putting a tower icon on the players profile. If the player has a tower they are "raiding" and stealing (what you call plundering) and therefore open game. If there is no tower then no raid and no stealing, that simple. I'm tired of this pig and I shouldn't be made to put up with this crap. I only ever tried this barbaric practice one time and that was it, I couldn't stand the guilt. I don't say those with small IQ's shouldn't have their fun as long as it stays in the game with like minded neanderthals.
s someone who is relatively new to this game, I have news

DeletedUser

I am sick of being raided by a bully and I'm tired of your excuses so, as I refuse to be bullied and ignored here is your solution.
Hi Ladylynnie, welcome to the forum. Firstly, I would suggest that you put your idea forward properly as a new thread in the Ideas section, rather than piggyback on another thread.
Secondly, I would suggest that you try to relax and remember that this is just a game and everyone is entitled to play it the way they like within the rules. If you get so wound up by people simply playing a game, this probably isn't the healthiest place for you to be, just my two cents.

DeletedUser110672

Hi Ladylynnie, welcome to the forum. Firstly, I would suggest that you put your idea forward properly as a new thread in the Ideas section, rather than piggyback on another thread.
Secondly, I would suggest that you try to relax and remember that this is just a game and everyone is entitled to play it the way they like within the rules. If you get so wound up by people simply playing a game, this probably isn't the healthiest place for you to be, just my two cents.

_Well Ladylexis, you are entitled to your opinion, the same as I am entitled to mine, maybe if you like that sort of thing you should play more violent games, I'm sure there is something out there that would suit someone like you. I did not suggest that you shouldn't play the game the way you want or feel the need to, what I suggested is that those who do not wish to play that way can still play the game and do the Guild Expeditions without the aggrevation of someone like you stealing from them. :D By all means keep your two cents, and thank you for the invitation to put this solution to what seems to be a problem, in a new thread. As soon as it becomes available to me. Enjoy your drink with dust and rusty razor blades

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109966

_Well Ladylexis, you are entitled to your opinion, the same as I am entitled to mine.... blah blah.... . Enjoy your drink with dust and rusty razor blades

Wow.... what an unpleasant thing to say...

It is just a game...

DeletedUser

maybe if you like that sort of thing you should play more violent games, I'm sure there is something out there that would suit someone like you.
But the point is, plunder is part of THIS game. If you don't like the mechanic of this game as it stands, then that's your issue, no one is forcing you to keep playing. Why should people who are playing the game as the mechanic intends have to find another game? Also, contrary to what you seem to think, I'm personally not a plunderer. I just don't take issue with anyone who's playing the game in their way.
This paragraph contains the word 'game' about five times. Hopefully this will drive the point home. Don't take things so seriously, it's just a GAME.

DeletedUser12400

After being raided by a bully for days now, I've had it, this is my last resort before I go all out with a larger form of attack against bullying and this games incessant promotion of it
When players take control of provinces that have the towers that tell them they can now compete in PvP tournaments, they should be given the option NOT TO PARTICIPATE in these "tournaments". Once a player opts out they cannot raid or be raided, this can simply be governed by putting a tower icon on the players profile. If the player has a tower they are "raiding" and stealing (what you call plundering) and therefore open game. If there is no tower then no raid and no stealing, that simple. I'm tired of this pig and I shouldn't be made to put up with this crap. I only ever tried this barbaric practice one time and that was it, I couldn't stand the guilt. I don't say those with small IQ's shouldn't have their fun as long as it stays in the game with like minded neanderthals.
s someone who is relatively new to this game, I have news
I only want to help you guys understand so you can decide whether to continue playing. I hope you do, but it's completely your choice. Attacking and plunder is part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

The player who is attacking you everyday, isn't doing any harm unless he/she is successful in plundering you. Houses and production buildings cannot be plundered if they are motivated, so try to build a big friends list and motivate/polish everyday. Your friends and guildmates(try to join a large guild) should reciprocate daily. This prevents anybody from plundering coin or supply. Now all you have to do is collect your goods and buildings that can't be motivated on time and you have nothing to worry about. Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

This is how the game is played, people attack you for points to compete in the PvP tower and this wins them medals which they use to expand their city. After they attack you successfully, they are given a chance to plunder from you some time in the next 24 hrs. This is an extra incentive the game gives to encourage PvP. Your defending army is automatically healed when the battle is over so the actual attack against you does no harm. It only earns the attacker some points for his/her PvP tower.

I can suggest to collect on time; try diplomacy; use city shield; get your buildings motivated; put your best defence ect.

DeletedUser

Good idea, however, there should also be an abuse time limit as some new players just collect resources, donate points to others and do not actually progress their cities at all - say 100 game hours
+1 for this idea
well the "newbie" will be in a neighbourhood with other newbies so why not make less then 5k peeps unable to attack neighbours they can still attack in continent map so they wont lose out in battle knowledge

DeletedUser110672

k
Wow.... what an unpleasant thing to say...

It is just a game...
Really hadn't noticed, the mongrel that keep raiding and PLUNDERING me needs to be told that when he leaves smiley faces. I don't think it's funny or clever. If you think that was unpleasant, tell the lady that said it, look above at her post where she has written it down, I took the quote from her.

Being ön time to collect is not always possible when there is a large time gap between Australia and wherever this clown is from, he's plundered again, I'm done with this, you wonder why a person gets nasty when they are confronted with nasty??? Really?????? What planet do you live on. I'm livid that this idiot can do this for two weeks...... oh forget it, you couldn't care less about anyone but you, I'm not suggesting you impact any other player on how they play the game, just give the option to others that don't want to do your raid and steal crap the opportunity to actually play the game without aggrivation. You don't seem to understand that the person I'm talking about is enjoying the stealing. I don't see why it's so pleasant for him, unless of course he is a buddy sociopath, and let's face it, he's being encouraged to do it. The only response I've received from anyone in the dev. side of this game is,"it's a part of the game and it stays" . At no time did I say abolish it, I merely suggested policing it better or modifying for those that enjoy the other parts of the game and could do without the aggrivation. I haven't said anything wrong, simply replied in the same way I have been treated and dismissed . I'm not going away, I will continue to advocate for the options to be broadened, I know a number of people who agree. The easy thing would be to give up and walk away, why should I let the bullies in this game and forum win??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110672

I agree there should be reward for combat, I didn't say there shouldn't you are missing my point entirely. One more time, those who wish to raid and fight each other can, and the reward of plundering is still available to them WITH LIKE MINDED PARTICIPANTS, I am playing this game because I was invited to play by friends, the don't play your other game. I wouldn't play it anyway, nor would I recommended simply because of the close mindedness I have experienced in this game forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.