• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Newbie plundering thresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17

Thank you for your comments everyone. Since the high age units battlefield hex bonuses have been increased "bullies" from higher ages could become an issue. However please not that the game is already geared so that players only receive minimal damage if they are active. If they are not active they will come back to "plundered" cities no matter what.

My thoughts:
You know when your goods/supplies will be ready, your opponent does not. You have the chance to collect the big 24hour production before anyone else. As for the smaller productions, the player can only do this once every 24hours. It should not interrupt your game-play in a major way.

DeletedUser2029

here's like a super stupid question that has probably been answered a gazzillion times, but for the life of me, I can't find it (possible solution to the threshold problem)

How exactly does the friends and diamonds thing work?
I know that in order to get 200 diamonds your friend must reach Iron age.
But, on what friends does this apply?
on all players in your friends list, or just the ones that joined the game via external link.

cuz, I've been thinking, to neutralize the bully in the beginning, you put him on your friends list and you're safe for at least 5 days (you bribe him with 200 diamonds). never had the opportunity to test this theory, and I don't see that many people had stumbled upon it

DeletedUser

The 200 diamonds you'd receive are just for the ones that used your personal external link, so the ones that you personally invited to the game.

DeletedUser1094

Well, you posted a question in a totally wrong thread in a totally wrong forum section... ;)

Hi PorfirioDiaz...

Please, post your questions in the "Questions/FAQ" (click) section, thanks.

Regards,
King Dael

DeletedUser4453

I would suggest to go even further.
I won't consider myself a newbie, since I'm in the High middle ages now. But.. I get sacked by three to four players each day!! I'm getting tired of this but more to the point, thery're stealing my resources and thus hindering my advancement e.g. creating a better defensive army.

My suggestoion is as follows:
My players choose to receive either victory points (no plunder) or plunder a building but receive no points..

I think there is no abuse possible from this change.
Players might be able to see what buildings are available for plunder. It's when they decide to plunder, then they lose/don't get the victory points..

What's you're opinion on this idea???:)

DeletedUser7719

Sorry PorfirioDiaz, but Lodruth has a very valid point, but why does a moderator need to put something like this in forum; i thought you guys could talk to the best directly

DeletedUser

Offtopic: I posted this before I was made a mod. :)
Apart from that, mods are players like anyone else, they've just been assigned to moderate the Forums.
If you read the Mod Applications thread, it says it's a voluntary job.

- L

DeletedUser7719

soz stapper (just noticed how there was 3 pages of this), even me being in LMA gets me plundered by higher folks than me; it isn't easy trying to keep an eye on my goods. I know you still can't protect your goods. The thing i would do is set your goods at a 1 day cycle; i lose 5 goods compared to what I'm here to take, but if people plunder me, i lose ten hence being below the 1-day mark. If you want protection against supplies, ask a guildy to motivate it, or put the boost (by diamonds) on it: It can't be plundered under those circumstances

DeletedUser

I guess it couldn't hurt to put this in the game, but I highly doubt it would make much difference at all in terms of retaining players. It hinges on the idea that someone can "get ready" for plundering, but the fact is many people will never be ready for it. Someone who will just simply quit after being plundered right away will almost definitely still quit if they get farmed an hour into it, or even the next day. A little bit of early protection does nothing to dull the pain of that first big hit you take.

On the other side, some people (like me) get plundered right away, instantly want revenge, and it gets them more into the game (certainly more than those "watch your town grow in peace and smile" games). It's not for everyone sure, but those people have their Farmville or Magictown or whatever. This is about building an empire, and I doubt an invading horde ever came upon a new settlement and said "Oh they just got here, I guess we'll wait awhile to pillage them.." Guaranteed they rushed in as soon as the townsfolk fell asleep and stole everything they owned : )

DeletedUser

I suggested the idea of PVE servers in another thread. Under that system a newbie could start a city on a PVE server for starters, be perfectly safe, and then start another on a PVP server if they got bored.

I like the idea of a buffer period but during the first week until your neighbourhood changes you are pretty safe anyway, at least from advanced aged players. I'd say you'd need about a month of safe zone for a buffer to be effective at stopping people from quitting early due to plundering.

DeletedUser7719

The thing is also, the 5-min interval for houses wont really affect the player if he is plundered; I think it would usually start at the chalets and thatched houses

DeletedUser11632

Hm, yes, I like the idea. As stated, it doesn't change too much yet it might help a player just enough to continue. On the other hand I started liking the game a lot more after I got plundered the first time. All I wanted to know was 'how?'. Then I started fighting with this person that had attacked me for first place, and I only barely won because my cooldowns were finished at the last few minutes. I got a nice mail with congratulation and all. It really got 'boring' out of the game for me (farmville has rightfully been mentioned before).

Now, I sometimes do get mails with 'why are you attacking me??', but I always answer to them explaining how pvp works in this game. After that you can usually find them on the top of the rankings enjoying it like no other.

It can be annoying though if you immediately get plundered by a few players; it means you haven't experienced anything yet but that you have to wait. So yeah, this idea can save people from giving up too soon without experiencing what it is like to raid someone yourself, yet it does little enough to give a real advantage. +1 from me :)

DeletedUser4800

+1. I think this will help, especially for those very new players who basically played less than few hours and are already getting plundered by older players.

So I think about 40 or 50 forge point threshold is good.

DeletedUser

Wow. Just saw this thread from the dead and wondered why it hasn't been done. I have played many similar type games to this and this is the first one that has no newbie protection of any kind. Good thing I didn't get plundered in my first day or two. That is when I was going through the tutorial quests and getting to know the game. Getting plundered at that point would have ticked me off and I would have lost respect for the designers that don't even give a new guy a chance to get through the tutorial quests without getting plundered.

Fortunately it did not happen and I am here plundering newbies. Why? I have no way of knowing if they started today or last year. I see, I come, I plunder. Give them some protection from guys like me. I don't care how but they need it at least until they get to first base.

DeletedUser8813

[size=+1]+1[/size]

yes i think newbies should have a period of protection from plundering.
it gets very frustrating when you first start and are attacked by 5 or 6 players and plundered,you don't lose much but when you first start out you don't have much
yes 40 or 50 forge points should be enough to give them a kick start

DeletedUser97551

1) The problem with FoE is that top level players get points by attacking newbies, without taking any risk. So to win a tournament, everybody attacks newbies. To stop this attack, the rule should get introduced that only attacking an opponenet having the same or higher age tower gets points for the tournament.

2) Too many players have no defending armies to prevent other players from earning points int he tournament. Losing a battle should earn the loser some minus points.

DeletedUser15432

Hm, yes, I like the idea. As stated, it doesn't change too much yet it might help a player just enough to continue. On the other hand I started liking the game a lot more after I got plundered the first time. All I wanted to know was 'how?'. Then I started fighting with this person that had attacked me for first place, and I only barely won because my cooldowns were finished at the last few minutes. I got a nice mail with congratulation and all. It really got 'boring' out of the game for me (farmville has rightfully been mentioned before).

Now, I sometimes do get mails with 'why are you attacking me??', but I always answer to them explaining how pvp works in this game. After that you can usually find them on the top of the rankings enjoying it like no other.

It can be annoying though if you immediately get plundered by a few players; it means you haven't experienced anything yet but that you have to wait. So yeah, this idea can save people from giving up too soon without experiencing what it is like to raid someone yourself, yet it does little enough to give a real advantage. +1 from me :)

This was my experience and now I am either first of second in my hood in 1 tower every week and in some cases I am first in three towers every week - those battle points sure do add up your game points when you are averaging 600-700k per week in towers

DeletedUser

Or instead of a fp spend how about no plundering until you are firmly in Iron Age maybe? kim

DeletedUser13805

Or instead of a fp spend how about no plundering until you are firmly in Iron Age maybe? kim

i like this idea leave them alone to grow till the iron age, i am all in favour of anything that would help new players and protecting them from the plunderers is a good start

DeletedUser

I think I would like the see the idea of new players not being plundered until they reach the Iron Age moved to the Great Ideas I think this is a good compromise as I have seen so many posts from players re plundering but I strongly think plunder is also an integral part of the game, this way allows newer players to find their feet first. Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.