• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

newbie mistake so you don't have to....

suethegreat

Captain
So i had created and trained all my soldiers and wasn't going to spend diamonds to have extra units so thought ok don't need barracks will replace with something else....except.......thank you FOE for not saying you lose your soldiers if you sell the barracks building they don't still sit in your army. OK i am militarily thick but a little warning on the selling prompt for us idiots that this will happen wouldn't go amiss?...so rebuild retrain etc etc all over again.....(yes ok 'read the manual' but life may be too short....literally)8-)

suethegreat

Captain
By then i had progressed to the Iron Age but found i was starting to lose battles due to my steam driven soldiers. I sold the barracks to put in an upgrade but didnt realise the soldiers would be zapped otherwise i would have used them up in hope first :) The sales nag explains the coin supply and population loss/gain so wouldnt hurt to say 'you will lose 4 spearfighter what evers... still i am just canon fodder but learning faster ish..i think... Just amuses me how when you get on a roll wham the diamond demands kick in, psychologists as coders....

Galladhorn

Monarch
By then i had progressed to the Iron Age but found i was starting to lose battles due to my steam driven soldiers. I sold the barracks to put in an upgrade but didnt realise the soldiers would be zapped otherwise i would have used them up in hope first :) The sales nag explains the coin supply and population loss/gain so wouldnt hurt to say 'you will lose 4 spearfighter what evers... still i am just canon fodder but learning faster ish..i think... Just amuses me how when you get on a roll wham the diamond demands kick in, psychologists as coders....

Take it easy – there is a long learning curve but most patterns and game mechanics repeat over time with a a few twists and some pitfalls. Loosing 4 soldiers is really absolutely nothing in the endless game. Worry more about several meta subjects like Expansion pattern – doing that wrong, which I think more than 80% of new players do is far more severe and highly annoying on the long run. Always keep in mind that the game is free and so some pitfalls are calculated into the game to encourage players to buy some diamonds once in a while.

At least you have joined the Forums and there is plenty of guides and advice to get if you ask the right way. Curiosity to several details, playing styles, teching plans, which GBs to build and in which order and what GBs to avoid etc. will help you immensely – many new players do not consider these things at all and end up in some frustating dissapointment scenarios – then come to the Forums and cry or suggest ideas that have been suggested a hundred times. You got a chance to avoid this and get a decent start by using these forums in a progressive and fruitfull way – it will make you enjoy the game more.

Good Luck ;)

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
lol in Joan of Arc mode now......but big decision do i really need a tailor? 400 diamonds? really? (ps nice to find a friendly forum for a change thanks)

Emberguard

Legend
big decision do i really need a tailor? 400 diamonds?
the premium buildings are only good for 1-2 ages and then they’re outclassed by current age production buildings.

They’re good for supplies if you don’t have a lot of event buildings. Upto you whether they’re worth 400 diamonds, but you will get premium supply buildings for free if you’re regularly playing GE, DC and events.

Shad23

Emperor
thanks i solved it by investing a whole £3.99 in a buildings pack which included a free tailor so reckoned a good investment, hopefully my last lolllll for the price of a takeaway coffee probably in rl....whenever we get rl again.
when we'll get rl back i think prices might drop
i never ever spend rl $ in this game

Claylow

Private
As this is a newbie related post, can anyone help. I have just started and cant work out how to visit friends!! I have 5 but cant see them or how to visit!

Knight of ICE

aid.jpg

You click the avatar to visit their city
You click the aid button to motivate or polosh
You click the chair to visit their tavern