• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New year resolutions - 2023 FOE wishful thinking

It's 2023 and here you can post all those little (or big) things that you find annoying about FOE or simply an idea for improvement you would like to see ingame.
If you want it formally submitted to Inno it should be unique and formatted according to the forum rules in another thread.

So to get started here are some wishful thinking of mine.

1. PvP arena - drop the extra turns with medals.
2. Make incidents more visable when hidden behind buildings.
3. Make another way for recent event building upgrades to be obtainable sooner.
4. A new settlement format with less or no impediments.
5. A possible economic improvement to make items tradable between players.

List your ideas below and have a great 2023!

Why? That would leave it at just extra turns with Diamonds,
There are many things in-game that can progress with diamonds but its still free to play as it does not force you to use them.
Dropping the Arena medals for turns will make it more like PvP but not totally as someone else pointed out.

Come on guys! Surely there are some things that niggle you that you would like to change or improve.
It would be appreciated if the poster critics would just for once be quiet and let other posters express their feelings here.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
1. PvP arena - drop the extra turns with medals.
2. Make incidents more visable when hidden behind buildings.
3. Make another way for recent event building upgrades to be obtainable sooner.
4. A new settlement format with less or no impediments.
5. A possible economic improvement to make items tradable between players.
OK I'll bite. I think the reason you're not getting a lot of feedback is maybe a holiday hangover.

1) the arena is the only good use for all our extra medals. the annoying thing about pvp arena is still the repetitive matchmaking.
2) incidents on single lane roads in big cities are truly a headache - they need to glow like uranium.
3) it's already too easy to get multiple copies of everything.
4) settlements still give me nightmares and I completed them months ago. the last 2 were not fun to play at all, the stingy coins and roads in both made them hard to get started. They lost the fun, it's not a challenge to delete your whole settlement every time you need to unlock a tech, it's just annoying and time consuming to rebuild. I'm fine if there is never another settlement - but if there were, it needs an all new mini game; japan, egypt and aztec were at least a little fun with the boost you could get from doing well in the mini games, and the 2 settlements without mini games were boring by comparison.
5) trading is never going to happen, too much room for abuse and feeding things to new accounts or second accounts.

My daily annoyance is the 100 fp collection limit: my city makes over 1000 fp per day, and I am pretty sure it was never anyone's intention to make players stop after collecting every 2-3 buildings to dump out fps. The raised FP collection limit that should have been released to all players is behind a pay wall in forge plus, which is as bogus now as it was then. Actually, the limit in Forge plus is only 1000 FP in the bar, that's not even big enough for my city any more, which has gone up 300 fp per day since last year, but stopping once to spend FPs would be better than stopping 10 times.

Tellx

Private
The thing I'd most like is the ability to search for all buildings in a set, rather than searching for each part of a set.

Dead-Eye

General
Shutting down all the pop ups would be nice. I really don't need to be told how many fragments of whatever I get at harvest or whatever I get from incidences. Utterly annoying and needless.