• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Watchfires

DeletedUser110327

Love the new watchfires, they're excellent, and lvl 1 so upgradable I guess. I really enjoy a lot of the recent changes. Attractive cities are a big part of the game.

:)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Watchfire Upgrade Kit will be available as a daily prize in this year's upcoming Winter event, and will boost them from 4% to 6%def bonus.;)

They are rather fancy looking, but I'm nostalgic so I kinda miss the original look as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
We are glad to see your enthusiasm about the upcoming content. If you want to post info released on Beta that could not possibly be obtained through the (en) forum announcements or logging onto your (en) account please restrict it to the Spoiler section of the forums.

If anymore Beta info is posted in the thread prior to an announcement or release in the game the thread will be moved to spoilers.

Edit: Corresponding event announcement has now been made for these forums. You can see the announcement here: [Link]

Last edited:

DeletedUser110327

HI, I'm not on the beta server, I have one of these watchtowers in one of my regular cities :)

DeletedUser96901

the watchfire upgrades are really great
every of them costs you a SoK or Wishing Well :o

because if you go to win them in the Winter Event you are spending the stars you could use at another day to win a SoK or WW

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

because if you go to win them in the Winter Event you are spending the stars you could use at another day to win a SoK or WW
SoK have been losing their value for nearly a year now, what with the newer 'Level X' buildings... (ie: a SoK is .25kp's/square vs. .33kp/square from PoH's Lv.7!)
And if you head over to the Beta Spoilers section, you'll see that the nail is just about in the coffin of the SoK with the new content coming in the new year. ;)

WW's are only of decent value for a diamond mining city, as once you hit the refined vs. unrefined stage, they give only unrefined goods. (and Chateaux + Dynamic also exists!:P)
Early game, especially if you can get the shrink kits, WW's are great. But their value really, really drops off hard once you hit LMA/Colonial as the 1% chance for diamonds is gak.

Agent327

Overlord

Funny thing is, that 2% extra hardly makes any difference in your defence. Even if you get 10 upgrades.

DeletedUser110327

My guess is, considering all the recent buildings which are being converted to upgradable buildings, the SoKs may just follow suit :D

stevejohnson

Private
when are the ritual flames following the watchfires, it is not as if you choose which one you get, so at the moment 1 square can give you 6 bonus and 2 squares can give you 8 bonus. not very clever when you only have 2 watchfires