• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: New type of reno kit to change event building final stage

Would you like a special renovation kit that can change the final stage of an event building?

• Yes! This sounds like a good idea.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No! I don't like this idea

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage-Wind

Private
Proposal:
Add a new kind of renovation kit to the game that allows players to change the final stage of an event building to a different option. For example, change the final stage of a pagoda from Earth to Fire. This idea has been previously posted in unformatted ideas section.

Reason:
Both with the evolution of the game through new content and features (for example, GbG), and with players focus within the game (for example, from a goods farming city to a warrior city), it would be nice to have an option - however expensive - to modify an existing event building that was hard fought to get. If a special kind of renovation kit were available, potentially as rare as the Store Building item, that would give players some hope that they may be able to change their older event buildings to better suit their evolving needs and playstyle.

Details:
Add a new special renovation kit item, roughly as rare as the Store Building item, that allows players to modify a special event building that has been fully leveled to a different final form.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
This addition to the game does not have any game balance or abuse issues that I can see.

Thrawnf

Corporal
It's a potentially good idea...but not really.

Why? because it will make the game too easy.

I like the building with the final choice, that makes you decide and stick to this decision.
A mistake can happen, but we can't create a feature just only for a mistake.

I like the fact a building can be lock once you choose the final stage, so it's your decision and needs to be well prepared.
So I'm against such a "reno kit"

Savage-Wind

Private
I'd like to add a bit more regarding the context and vision for this item, which I think may help solidify people's opinions one way or another:

As I mentioned in my original post, the game is evolving as all good games do. There has been a significant emphasis shift for many players away from FP producing buildings to attack boost buildings with the release of GbG. Having an item like this provides a fair bit of "future proofing" in the game so that when new content is released players are in a better position to respond to it and get the most out of it.

Of course, players evolve significantly over their tenure on the game as well. The things that players focus on very early in the game are frequently NOT the things they focus on later in city lifecycle. Here again, I think an item like this would be a boon for players that wish to stay engaged in the game and try to optimize their city in different ways.

Finally, I don't think this item should be cheap. Quite the contrary. I think this item would likely only be an appropriate prize at the 5% level from a daily challenge, and at the end of GE 4. The vision I have for this item is that it would allow a player to slowly (because the item is rare) change the focus of their city from one aspect (for example, FP focused) to another over a long period (for example, 1 year if the player is highly active and has several event buildings they'd like to change).

:)

Agent327

Overlord
I'd like to add a bit more regarding the context and vision for this item, which I think may help solidify people's opinions one way or another:

So do I. Use the search function and stop thinking you came up with an unique and brilliant idea.

joesoap

Major-General
Finally, I don't think this item should be cheap. Quite the contrary. I think this item would likely only be an appropriate prize at the 5% level from a daily challenge, and at the end of GE 4. The vision I have for this item is that it would allow a player to slowly (because the item is rare) change the focus of their city from one aspect (for example, FP focused) to another over a long period (for example, 1 year if the player is highly active and has several event buildings they'd like to change).
i never do DCs, i finish level 4 most weeks & have 46 terrace farms, so getting this item from these places means that within months they are unlikely to be classed as rare

PomPoms

Sergeant
Since the item is Event related, the easiest way to make it rare would be as a 'grand prize' offered only once during a very limited amount of Events during the year. You can only win it once then during the Event. However, not sure it is a necessary item due to the fact that Event Buildings are getting better and better. The Ship for instance, that you had to choose a final form for, was outstripped by the Winter Train, that was the same size (excluding carriages) and same type of thing, you could just choose a better play style option for the Train and ditch The Ship to the AD. As space becomes more premium the idea is out with the old and in with the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.