• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: New Reconstruction Mode Starts on the Basis of Old Layout

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
When I clicked "reconstruction" -- first of all, a notice appeared, which I habitually dismissed, so I didn't get to read what is in it. After that, I found that I wanted to read the notice. I think it must be some changes made to the reconstruction mode. I clicked the reconstruction button again, but the notice never appeared again.

BUT that's not important... without further ado, the bug is as follows:

Before I tried out the (new) reconstruction mode, I deleted a building that I no longer want; and I made some changes with the normal "move" function. Why? -- Because for small changes, the normal "move (with the cursor, one building at a time)" method is easier and more comfortable to use (see footnote*).

Then, after those changes with the normal "move" button, I started the reconstruction, it is harder and uncomfortable to use than the normal "move" but I have to use it because I don't want the set buildings lose combination and reset the production time. And when I started the reconstruction, this is when the bug appears. Becasue the reconstruction starts with the quite old layout as the basis, the one right before I deleted the building as mentioned above and that does not retain any of the changes I made with the "move" method. SO basically, the "deletion" is recognized by the reconstruction mode, like "man that's gone forever"; but for the more recent moves, the reconstruction mode does not recognize, like "man why don't you start over and repeat those moves -- it's not much trouble!"

* Footnote: Please retain the "swap with the cursor" feature (currently only avaible to the nomral "move" method) and carry them over to the reconstruction mode, you know, (or you don't, cause this is a very poorly organized and nonefficient description) the feature that swaps just one building with another, without resorting to the temporary storage, where if possible to swap, the "footprint" turns blue. In other words, keep the characteristics of the "move" function consistent inside and outside of the reconstruction mode; because right now, it's different -- out of reconstruction mode, you can move Building A to Building B and place A down and pick B up (if the footprint is blue); by contrast, in reconstruction mode, when you move Building A to Building B exactly the same way, no you can't exchance A & B, the footprint is not blue, it's red! So you must place A in "temporary storage" first, which is a storage of everyting in the whole city, a big heap, and it's hard to find where a particular building is. Compare with normal "move", where is that particular building? It's still right there on the cursor! (In some other game they refer to this as "using the cursor as a temporary storage for just one item".)

(((So overall this message contains 3 parts, a totally unnecessary digression at start, and a different but fairly important suggestion in the end, sandwiching the bug description in the middle. As far as the bug is concerned, I think the title already concisely summed it all. The main text is a scrambled in a hurry (I gotta go) "improvising style".)))

Emberguard

Legend
The new reconstruction mode uses a ongoing draft. You can use the reset button to change it to the current city layout. I take it that's what you're saying? The ongoing draft doesn't change other then items being added/removed when something is deleted or constructed?