• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Ranking

DeletedUser5180

so letrs get this straight ..all along foe has said it is not a fighting game .but a city building game ..forge an empire..make it grow be strong ' but have always rewarded the fighters with higher points,i have been a fighter and a farmer..but now i have an up to date city and a gazillion coins and supply they no longer count ,logging on to collect these no longer registers as activity..where did you lose the plot..building an empire is about building a city or country that is prosperous not broke ..you dont get prosperous through inactivity..i need population to build ..that is activity ..i need coins to build ..that is activity..just because i have no way to spend my excess is no reason to penalize me..and yes by any terms thast is what you are doing to the farmers..its fight or recieve no points ..well done ..how to ruin a game even more than you did when you allowed the selling of goods for fps to up the level of gbs and influence the ranking level ..how did that constitute activity..it has almost made this game a total waste of time

i was agreeing with thus post until the bit about selling gooda for fps

you have a player at the end of the tree whi gets many goods a day from loop quests and you perhaps get a lower era player needing goods to build a gb who has loads of fps from shrines etc.... it makes economic sense for both players to trade something they have lots of for something they need

im sure this was part of forging an empire back in the day

DeletedUser8813

you have a player at the end of the tree whi gets many goods a day from loop quests and you perhaps get a lower era player needing goods to build a gb who has loads of fps from shrines etc.... it makes economic sense for both players to trade something they have lots of for something they need

it is not exactly how i meant to say that i guess/..and although i dont think it is totally wrong..once they increased the levels on gbs then added the ridiculous amount of game points for each level ..that made people jump millions of game points each week ..how was that a true indication of activity or how did they think it would turn out....i dont have access to a computer to get to gvg any more..only ipad..how are players who want to play solo going to fare when coins and supplies no longer count as activity and get game points..the game seems to be leading to gvg or just get nothing..and i was a little inebriated last night when i wrote that ..lucky it is sorta legible..plus i am not good at voicing what i am thinking..:)

DeletedUser100832

most shrine farmers are top era players too. So a better example is that you have one guy who has lots of everything trading with a guy who has not very much of anything.

goods for fp is bad as it makes the rich richer and poor poorer.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
goods for fp is bad as it makes the rich richer and poor poorer.
that's not true, goods fps has made playing much easier for lower Era players. and i m telling that from experience.
when i started playing, PE was the highest age and no one sold goods for fps...that meant we didn't have any chance of getting higher age gbs.
nowadays i see players in bronze age with GBs like Alcatraz, dynamic tower and ARc. it just makes doing stuff so much easier.
That means:-
you don't need to have loads of military buildings to have a large army.... gbs like Alcatraz are a game changer for lower era players
you can gain higher age goods being in lower age with gbs like dynamic tower and it makes trading much easier.
An Arc for a lower age players helps speed up his/her gb levelling = more benefits

and loads of such bonuses we could just imagine in lower ages

DeletedUser100832

'
that meant we didn't have any chance of getting higher age gbs.'

then you were in the wrong guild. My guild in H would have given you the goods for free. But even if you can't find a guild like that... keeping your fp's and advancing in tech is better for you in the long run. Better than helping the top dog become even richer,

Vesiger

Monarch
nowadays i see players in bronze age with GBs like Alcatraz, dynamic tower and ARc. it just makes doing stuff so much easier.
Seriously? !
I'm pretty sure that wasn't expected/supposed to happen when the requirements for constructing Great Buildings were first being set up...and it sounds grossly unbalancing to me, to be frank :-(

and loads of such bonuses we could just imagine in lower ages
And which, as you say, are a game-changer... and one that was not taken into account when the lower ages were being designed :-(

DeletedUser7396

Is it fair!?!? NO... is it good for the game?!?! NO... It seems that will incorage many people to simply give up of it!!!
Think twice... before you decide the new formula!!!!!!
So quit, we dont need you anyway :)
Before year and a half, fighters were degraded with in that time new formula that gives trillions of points just for pushing GBs, you could fight 24/7 and still couldn't gain even hundredth global points that pushers do!!!
So, im asking you SVivo, what is WRONG and FAIR?!!!
Simply give up !!!

DeletedUser99363

Sean, relax dude!
the GB points affair is in the past now, But new problem which is not really a new problem, is that it is easier and cheaper to Landing zone fight the coasts on GvsG then actually to try most peoples hoods upper 40 or so, as boost most likely match closer to your attack boosts, so your losses can be higher in PvP then GvG. There is an inbalance there adn poor hood merges as well.

I don't understand why Inno took away the seige army does not cost you your army? Can somebody point me to the explanation on why that occurred in the 1st place? That or somethign similar needs to come back into GvsG at minimum for now as short term solution to slow down the unlimittted fights that can occur if you wish to spend 14hrs on the game daily

As for individual Player ranks its basically like it was as far as ranks goes except coins and supplies no longer counts and it was replaced with Treasury donations instead to try and encourage more GvsG obviously, Honestly the Individual rank really does not have much value at all really, perhaps as others have suggested, and in order who has more fights rank and zero out scores, But also make sure any exploits to unlimited fighting cannot occur, as many have and still use exploits as they come up
for example
1. Continent map exploit of fighting 1st wave surrender adn redo it hunderds and hundreds of times (i did not know till it was removed after a few months)
2. GvG landing zone fight farming unlimitted to the amount of Goods you hold really (not sure how to change that)
3. Setup a guild of 1 or 2 and hit and retake yourself daily for 80 to 160 easy fights daily (not sure how to fix that either)
4. Drop and retake sectors daily in GvsG(but fill them up with throw away armies 1st)
Full disclosure to be transparent, I've used technique 2 and 4 only

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
'

then you were in the wrong guild. My guild in H would have given you the goods for free. But even if you can't find a guild like that... keeping your fp's and advancing in tech is better for you in the long run. Better than helping the top dog become even richer,
there are very few guilds that give out free goods..especially high age goods
regarding me being "in the wrong guild".....we all were in EMA or Iron age..so no one really in the higher ages to give us free goods.
also Inno was busy releasing new Era every few months, we only caught up with Tech tree when CE was released, so until then we barely had the goods to event satisfy our own needs. of course now things are pretty different with a lot us having finished tech tree.

Seriously? !
I'm pretty sure that wasn't expected/supposed to happen when the requirements for constructing Great Buildings were first being set up...and it sounds grossly unbalancing to me, to be frank :-(
yep a lot of lower aged players have those gbs.
the game is already very unbalanced...with unfair neighbourhood shuffles and higher age players being allowed to fight in lower ages in GvG
there is no way a new guild can sustain a war against Top guild, the only thing that discourages them is Cost vs reward atm.
so to me a lower age player with higher age gbs sounds a bit balancing rather than unbalancing to the game...at least they can give a fight, to those that are at the higher end of tech tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

New age soon is coming out.. I don't see any reason to spend money on premium houses and supplies buildings as they don't give points from collection anymore.. Of course I don't need to unlock tech and can build them immediately which is awesome but i still need to unlock tech to get new military buildings so it's only matter of time till i unlock houses and supplies buildings. I could have x2 more coins and supplies but i really can live without it.. I also will need less aids for houses. e.g. from FE age 2 Arcology houses needs only 2 aids a day and the same space fits 6 Tree House Hotels which is 6/12/18 aids a day depends how you collect. I don't care about quests much as well.. at least i will not pay money to do more quests.. the less clicks the better..

DeletedUser6065

' . . . I don't understand why Inno took away the seige army does not cost you your army? Can somebody point me to the explanation on why that occurred in the 1st place? . . .'

The reason given, and I am NOT making this up, is that many players were confused by the placing of siege armies from their personal armies. This statement was met with many hoots of derision. As are many of the statements Inno makes.

It was later amended however to a more reasonable explanation of an attempt to help smaller/newer guilds participate in GvG, as these guilds would typically run out of combat units especially when repeated sieges were necessary.

I personally have no problem with helping the smaller guilds in this way. However, when you have larger guilds with numerous players in Progressive Era or higher with multi-level Alcatraz (for each player), it is a little ridiculous. Guilds formed simply for ghosting purposes are below contempt for using this feature.

. . . mk

DeletedUser5180

I also will need less aids for houses. e.g. from FE age 2 Arcology houses needs only 2 aids a day and the same space fits 6 Tree House Hotels which is 6/12/18 aids a day depends how you collect. .

not only will the 2 arcologys need less aids but also far less 2x2 roads than 6 tree houses, no matter how you lay them out in your city

DeletedUser100832

there are very few guilds that give out free goods..especially high age goods
regarding me being "in the wrong guild".....we all were in EMA or Iron age..so no one really in the higher ages to give us free goods.
also Inno was busy releasing new Era every few months, we only caught up with Tech tree when CE was released, so until then we barely had the goods to event satisfy our own needs. of course now things are pretty different with a lot us having finished tech tree.

fair enough, you don't want everyone to just go and join the bigger guilds

but still, I would argue you are better off trying to finish tech (for the corresponding age) first and then going for those high-age gb's. With a possible exception of the Arc.

New age soon is coming out.. I don't see any reason to spend money on premium houses and supplies buildings as they don't give points from collection anymore.. Of course I don't need to unlock tech and can build them immediately which is awesome but i still need to unlock tech to get new military buildings so it's only matter of time till i unlock houses and supplies buildings. I could have x2 more coins and supplies but i really can live without it.. I also will need less aids for houses. e.g. from FE age 2 Arcology houses needs only 2 aids a day and the same space fits 6 Tree House Hotels which is 6/12/18 aids a day depends how you collect. I don't care about quests much as well.. at least i will not pay money to do more quests.. the less clicks the better..

events my friend, events )). Because in most ages you need just a couple of unit types, you just nab the right building during an event and that means you can leave tech for later.

DeletedUser12400

not only will the 2 arcologys need less aids but also far less 2x2 roads than 6 tree houses, no matter how you lay them out in your city
I didn't even bother to mention it in case someone could write something positive.
events my friend, events )). Because in most ages you need just a couple of unit types, you just nab the right building during an event and that means you can leave tech for later.
I think most players would like to finish and forget about the tech tree and with new ranking system it awards points as well.. but most important in tech tree are expansions which all players are looking forward.

I also wanted to mention that Premium Supplies building doesn't have recurring quests to finish 5 times productions which is another minus.

5t.png 5t2.png

There are more cons than pros to have premium buildings with this new ranking system.

DeletedUser14704

Totally agree about there being more cons, lots of 'premium' stuff is just not worth the space anymore. Kings/Queens are now worthless, as arebeach huts etc...
Same on the supply side, what's the point of reindeer parks, fan shops and the like anymore?
And the St Mark's GB in particular just isn't worth the space anymore.
This new system absolutely stank, despite Inno's statement that it would affect people with massively levelled GBs the most, that wasn't my experience of it. None of my GBs were higher than Level 11, but I lost over a million points (out of 3 mil hard earned over 4 years, that's over a 1/3 wiped off) and absolutely plummeted in the rankings. That's even after placing the deco, absolutely gutted at seeing the hard work just binned.
Game is lurching more and more to just being total pvp and you already have one like that, I left Grepolis because it required 24/7 attention. This was a nice alternative, a casual builder with elements of pvp optional, now it's just another "pay to win" aggro game, amidst thousands of similar available. You took away the options that made this stand out, the possibility of achieving goals by "peaceful means" has been trashed.
Spent a lot of money on this over the years, don't think you'll be getting any more, I feel cheated.

joesoap

Major-General
in my main world i am at the end of tec & dont need more coins so i havent bothered connecting some of the houses, when i do a new layout i dont see a reason for connecting any of them at all, i can find a more productive use for the saved road space & when they are built i get the population to use

DeletedUser109260

To help the interested ones to move forward on GS Ranking table, I decided to give you some details about the New Points Formula Calculation, that FoE have set since last Feb2016.

FIGHTS
- For every 50 Points made in a battle = +1Point added to your global score

Goods donation - To guild Treasure
- For every 10 Goods (Different from era to era)
Iron Age
»» +30Points
EMA »» +35Points
HMA »» +40Points
LMA »» +45Points
CA »» +50Points
IndA »» +55Points
PE »» +60Points
ME »» +115Points
PME »» +125Points
CE »» +135Points
TE »» +195Points
FE »» +210Points

PS - Goods production and GB goods production do not give points except ATOMIUM, OBSERVATORY and THE ARC.

Buildings - no matter what kind of building (road and decortions included)
- For every square 1x1 built at your city (Different from era to era)
Iron Age
»» +4Points
EMA »» +10Points
HMA »» +20Points
LMA »» +30Points
CA »» +50Points
IndA »» +100Points
PE »» +150Points
ME »» +250Points
PME »» +400Points
CE »» +600Points
TE »» +1000Points