• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Player Asking For Tips

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Ok I think I get it ... I am currently in a 70 player guild but I don't think there is this thread, and they don't seem very active ... how do I find out whether a guild is active or not?
go to top 20 guild. i suggest choose a diamond league guild. almost every dia league guild has it. also big guilds will be able to help your trades and forge better. for me im in a global rank 11 guild and my guild has 45 players but have active 1.9 thread. few players but still fast 1.9. get an arc(which will allow you to join most guild freely)
and if you go higher, see in gbg on your server. see who is the strongest guild in gbg and merge there.
Just discovered I can get easy blueprints by finding GBs that have very few contributors and adding 1 or 2 fps to it and wait until it's finished by the owner ... is this strategy frowned upon or is it fine?
yes sure, its a nice strategy. it will be the best way to get bps before you have arc at 80

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
go to top 20 guild. i suggest choose a diamond league guild. almost every dia league guild has it. also big guilds will be able to help your trades and forge better. for me im in a global rank 11 guild and my guild has 45 players but have active 1.9 thread. few players but still fast 1.9. get an arc(which will allow you to join most guild freely)
and if you go higher, see in gbg on your server. see who is the strongest guild in gbg and merge there.

Do you think a top 20 guild will accept an iron age player? Is owning an arc enough for them to accept you?

Just discovered I can get easy blueprints by finding GBs that have very few contributors and adding 1 or 2 fps to it and wait until it's finished by the owner ... is this strategy frowned upon or is it fine?
yes sure, its a nice strategy. it will be the best way to get bps before you have arc at 80
Not really. If you only invest 1 or 2 fps in a GB most likely you'll be pushed down (sniped) by other contributors. especially if the GB is being filled by 1.9 contributions. You have to secure the reward spots you take, so no one else can pass you. Lock it or lose it...

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Not really. If you only invest 1 or 2 fps in a GB most likely you'll be pushed down (sniped) by other contributors. especially if the GB is being filled by 1.9 contributions. You have to secure the reward spots you take, so no one else can pass you. Lock it or lose it...
Yeah I know it has its issues, but it's fairlly low risk since I'm only using a few fps each time. I might get sniped but if that happens, I'll just contribute to a different GB.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Stop wasting time on worrying about an Arc or wishing wells. If you have not realized, or read, yet - this is a very long term game - not a quick and easy.
If you want to do a quick and easy, you will find many roadblocks and problems (such as running out of goods, issues with quests and so on).
Take the game slow, do not expect to jump up ages every few weeks - instead, expect to spend months in each Age - as you will find out later, the goods you can produce now, will also be needed again later on. Take your time, play slow. You want to stay FTP as you stated earlier, then you will keep it slow. Ignore the top 20 guilds - just get a guild that will take in a newbie and help them level up - which many will do, but it will take time. (see the common theme - slow, take time). You play your game, and taking hints from your fellow guildies is far more important than taking hints from a forum.
If you want to play fast - either you will be spending and buying diamonds, or you will be getting yourself irritated with the design of the game, and quitting. Take it slow, do what you want, do not worry about what others say, or what buildings they have - get the buildings you can get, at your speed.

Stop wasting time on worrying about an Arc or wishing wells. If you have not realized, or read, yet - this is a very long term game - not a quick and easy.
If you want to do a quick and easy, you will find many roadblocks and problems (such as running out of goods, issues with quests and so on).
Take the game slow, do not expect to jump up ages every few weeks - instead, expect to spend months in each Age - as you will find out later, the goods you can produce now, will also be needed again later on. Take your time, play slow. You want to stay FTP as you stated earlier, then you will keep it slow. Ignore the top 20 guilds - just get a guild that will take in a newbie and help them level up - which many will do, but it will take time. (see the common theme - slow, take time). You play your game, and taking hints from your fellow guildies is far more important than taking hints from a forum.
If you want to play fast - either you will be spending and buying diamonds, or you will be getting yourself irritated with the design of the game, and quitting. Take it slow, do what you want, do not worry about what others say, or what buildings they have - get the buildings you can get, at your speed.
Completely agree with this. Many new players rush ahead through the ages, but they get blocked by shortage of goods, fps, troops, strength etc. They can't solve the quests and they can't win the battles. Go slow, build up the city, level GB's, gather resources. Prepare for the challenges of the game. Patience is key.
And yes, no need to join one of the top 20 guilds. Lower ranked guilds can give you all the help you need, and they don't have the same strict rules and high requirements as the top guilds.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Yeah I plan on remaining in the iron age for a long time ... however I am still gonna rush for the arc, I have now found a very supportive guild that will trade me the goods I need, and they have many arcs which can help me get BPs ... already at 4 out of 9 lol

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
go to top 20 guild. i suggest choose a diamond league guild. almost every dia league guild has it. also big guilds will be able to help your trades and forge better.
Just be careful, there are Diamond guilds that require every member to do certain amount of GbG encounters per season to stay in the guild. Pick guilds that don't have those preresquits.
Yeah I plan on remaining in the iron age for a long time ... however I am still gonna rush for the arc, I have now found a very supportive guild that will trade me the goods I need, and they have many arcs which can help me get BPs ... already at 4 out of 9 lol
You can also take your Chateau Frontenac to lvl 72, Iron Age is the easiest age for the Frontenac level when you can do infibite amount of Unbirthday quests.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Just be careful, there are Diamond guilds that require every member to do certain amount of GbG encounters per season to stay in the guild. Pick guilds that don't have those preresquits.

I've already found a diamond guild ... they have a small GBG requirement but the leader is allowing me to stay until I'm able to do it.

You can also take your Chateau Frontenac to lvl 72, Iron Age is the easiest age for the Frontenac level when you can do infibite amount of Unbirthday quests.

How does the unbirthday quest help me do this?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
How does the unbirthday quest help me do this?
It helps you solve your goods problems forever. One Chateau Frontenac exchanges all goods buildings of your age and brings you much more goods than having goods buildings. Plus, you will get FP packages along the way, so it's, technically, also an infinite source of FP packages.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
It helps you solve your goods problems forever. One Chateau Frontenac exchanges all goods buildings of your age and brings you much more goods than having goods buildings. Plus, you will get FP packages along the way, so it's, technically, also an infinite source of FP packages.

Yeah I know what it does, I'm asking how the Unbirthday quest will help me get it, because afaik it can only give you goods of the particular age you are in.

Diamonds boost too. Though rare, of course. But, for instance, it will boost the diamond rewards from story and side quests.

Yeah I know what it does, I'm asking how the Unbirthday quest will help me get it, because afaik it can only give you goods of the particular age you are in.
If your quest line is from a higher era, you'll the get higher era goods as rewards + the CF boost, ofc.
It's the same way you can get troops from higher eras. You camp in a low era, but push the quest line ahead (by advancing on the continent map). You need to solve all the story/side quests, of course, before it moves on to the quest line for the next era.
It's not possible to push the quest line all the way to the highest eras, though. There are a few roadblocks on the way; bonus quest line in Industrial, for instance.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Sorry if my post was a bit confusing, when you mentioned Iron Age and Arc I just wanted to mention Chateau Frontenac that is, along with Arc, the best GB in this game. Nothing regarding Arc BPs :D

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Alcatraz is good to aim for in the long term, it solves any military issues, however, the size of can be deceiving....
I've gotten started pretty well thanks to all you guys' tips :D

Right now I've reached the end of the Iron Age tech tree, I'll be camping this age for a while, especially since my guild is in need of Iron Age goods. I've found a really good, supportive guild, #45 in our world. We help each other out a lot, both for resources and GBs.

Hilariously, I've gotten myself a Level 2 Arc and am levelling up the Tower of Babel, and am close to getting a Statue of Zeus for the military bonus, and am also working towards Castel del Monte.

In general, I think I've done quite well, so a big thank you for every one of you guys who helped steer me in the right direction!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

Right now I've reached the end of the Iron Age tech tree, I'll be camping this age for a while, especially since my guild is in need of Iron Age goods. I've found a really good, supportive guild, #45 in our world. We help each other out a lot, both for resources and GBs.

Hilariously, I've gotten myself a Level 2 Arc and am levelling up the Tower of Babel, and am close to getting a Statue of Zeus for the military bonus, and am also working towards Castel del Monte.

In general, I think I've done quite well, so a big thank you for every one of you guys who helped steer me in the right direction!
You are welcome mate, if you have any more questions or need some tips, geel free to ask :)

Honestly, I want to see this city it sounds wonderful.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Honestly, I want to see this city it sounds wonderful.

city4.png

Sorry for the late reply, here it is in all its glory! :)

Made some more improvements and additions since I last updated.

(The GBG monument is not the Diamond monument because my Guild just had a terrible GBG, so we dropped to Platinum unfortunately)

Last edited: