• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Neighbourhod merging system

DeletedUser109476

If we have this new neighbourhood system will there be any point in progressing further into the game?

I am half way through the Future Era, if I move into the Arctic Future all I will run into are players who have been playing a lot longer than i have. there doesn't seem to be any point to go further. I have been playing this game for about 18 months and my experience has shown that it horribly favours players who have been around a long time. The older players have received a lot of adavantages(eg I'm In Future era And have found the Rail Gun to be pretty useless unless used for defence). My main game is Houndsmoor and I have looked at the top players and their guilds. I don't understand why newer players get sucked in to joining guilds such as Hanseatic League. Can't players realise they just get taken advantage of by the older players.

This will be the end of pvp tournaments. If you are fighting your own era all the time all you will do is burn through your troops. It will become like gvg where unless you have lots of troops to burn it will be pointless playing. gvg is another example of senior players just going further ahead.

This game is supposed to favour the fighters. I have fought my up through every neighbourhood that have been put in . One of my worlds I don't fight much I just plod along and you end up at the bottom of the hoods. If you don't want to be attacked you have to fight your way up. If you don't want to be plundered collect on time it's that simple. The idea behind pvp is to make people progress through the game. Otherwise nobody would spend anytime building an army, they woud'nt need a defence if there wasn't any pvp.

My suggestion to the people who develop this game is to make it open slather. Get rid of GVG, get rid of neighbourhoods. In Houndsmoor there must be over 30000 players. If everybody can fight each other then it gives everybody a chance to progress. To me the challenge of this game is how high can i move up the rankings. I will probably never catch the top players have been around a long time. The point ranking system favours the people who are prepared to fight and the people who are prepared to move through the eras and improve their cities.
When this new neighbourhood system comes in it will stagnate both and make the game less viable to play.

If you want to move up fight your way up if you want to just plod along you can become the cannon fodder.

DeletedUser110131

Your post is all over the place. You want the game to favor "fighters", so you think the fights should be easier?

The current system favors researchers, who advance quickly through the eras, and can then attack lower era players without having to take on any real fights. The new system will favor those who build attack GBs, and who know how to beat the AI when the opposing troops are equal, similar, or even superior, as well as keep their troops alive.

The need for more troop buildings will make city development more challenging for some, while other players, who have been attacking same level players regularly even before the change (you know, the actual fighters), have already dealt with that challenge. In the tower contest, your opponents will be facing the same challenges as you, the difference being that other factors than age will now be rewarded higher. Advance quickly enough, though, and even your strategy will gain you advantage before the next neighborhood change.

You will have the same need for collecting on time as those you've been attacking, though, now that you'll be thrown in with same-era fighters. Also, while I know nothing about the guilds you've been in, if your description is accurate, you may want to look for a less cut-throat guild. They're out there. Of course, they may not want you, if you're a selfish player yourself. You may also want to look for a younger world than whichever ones you're on.

Finally, don't mistake perfecting your current age with stagnation; there are a lot of things that can be done without advancing in age.

Edit: Fixed topy... ahem... pyto... darn it! ... t y p o.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110312

Sorry in advance, I didn't read either post to the end.. Way to long ..an infinently boring..

Do what I do.
step 1 ; save allll your fp packages
200-300

Step 2 ; work out how many you need till you arrive at the Attack/defence tech's you want

Step 3; go back to saving Fp packages
900-1100 is what I needed

P.s
If your Zues / Aarchen / CDM & AO arnt Lvl 10 ( assuming you have the GB's)
Your not ready to move on

BB

DeletedUser100065

It's pretty easy really. If you want to play the fighting part of the game learn to fight.

DeletedUser96901

have an Alcatraz and a rogue hideout
get a few units of the next era from the main quest line

be the only one in the next higher tower and winning a PvP tower is easier than ever before

:lol:

SpankMeHard

Corporal
If we have this new neighbourhood system will there be any point in progressing further into the game?

It penalises those that are doing well in comparison to those around.... It caters for the poorer / less able players....

Since the merge I have completed about 5 trades, I would have normally completed about 50 trades.... However, I am near the top of my neighbourhood meaning I can only trade with a few of the players. This is especially the case if I want to trade my current age goods for goods of a more modern age. I presently have 22 trades un-fulfilled and half these trades are larger than my normal trades.

They have this system to protect the hopeless players.

Trading has been massively harmed by this new merge system...

What Forge of Empires needs, is a Distant Lands Tab. This is a fourth tab in addition to the Neighbours, Guild and Friends Tabs. These Distant Lands are the Merges above and below your neighbourhood merge, however, they are only available for trading purposes. They are too far away to launch an attack & too far away to build the GBs of and need Forge Points to forge friendships with (where GBs can be built).

DeletedUser

This is especially the case if I want to trade my current age goods for goods of a more modern age. I presently have 22 trades un-fulfilled and half these trades are larger than my normal trades.
Perhaps you shouldn't rely so heavily on neighbours fulfilling your trades? Personally I would only place trades for the neighbourhood on an non-urgent basis, to stock up on things I'm low on but don't really need. Your guild and friends should be your first port of call for trades, in my opinion.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Personally I would only place trades for the neighbourhood on an non-urgent basis, to stock up on things I'm low on but don't really need.

This is what I do....

But the change in the system has made trading so poor, that it has changed the entire structure of the game.

It's like the first few weeks of the game. So few were able to trade cause I was far ahead of most of my initial neighbours, it made the game incredibly ssssllloooowww......

On the other hand, this merge change seems to penalise those at the top of their neighbourhood for the benefit of those that don't play or play less often. I battle at least 100 times a week to improve my resource base.

DeletedUser110131

You're right; being at the top of the neighborhood can mean slow trading. However, I've found the new system to be an improvement on that. From always being in the top three immediately after a merge, and always being the top one within a week or so, this time I started at twelwth and have climbed only to ninth. Both trading and looting are better. Tower tournaments are tougher, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on how much time I have available to spend on them. For high level trades I have to rely on friends and guild mates, anyway.

A "Distant Lands" tab isn't a bad idea, though.

Vesiger

Monarch
What Forge of Empires needs, is a Distant Lands Tab. This is a fourth tab in addition to the Neighbours, Guild and Friends Tabs. These Distant Lands are the Merges above and below your neighbourhood merge, however, they are only available for trading purposes. They are too far away to launch an attack & too far away to build the GBs of and need Forge Points to forge friendships with (where GBs can be built).

Interesting idea - worth proposing?