• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Neighborhood Merging System

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Please use this thread for questions and feedback for the upcoming changes to the neighborhood merge system. You can find the full announcement here.

Thanks!

Richard and team

DeletedUser110258

Lolz. All very well saying to send your hoodies friend requests when hardly a soul can send them anymore. :rolleyes:
Totally agree. After the introduction of the Tavern, someone in an average-size guild uses half their requests on other guildies. When you're neighbourhood changes, of course you'll want to keep the friends you made in the previous one and start making more in your new one. The limit on requests and number of friends is vastly unrealistic.

DeletedUser14704

Long overdue, especially on the "pay to win" server, Langendorn. 2 years of losing hundreds of players as week in week out they were served up as "cannon fodder" to the diamond-fuelled elite until they could stand it no longer and abandoned their accounts.
Would have liked to see 1 further tweak there and that is to split up the top-ranked players in each hood belonging to the same guild, each grouping was always dominated by 1 guild in the top 4 or 5, so they never had to fight against each other, still this looks like a big step in the right direction as maybe now they'll be forced to produce their own goods instead of just stealing them from people 7 Eras below them. :)
Just a pity this didn't happen 2 years ago, or at least have that particular world follow the same system evident on most others, with support being in complete denial that a group of players with hovertanks and rogues did not constitute a "fair neighbourhood" when the majority were trying to defend with Longbows or Snipers.

DeletedUser14704

Totally agree. After the introduction of the Tavern, someone in an average-size guild uses half their requests on other guildies. When you're neighbourhood changes, of course you'll want to keep the friends you made in the previous one and start making more in your new one. The limit on requests and number of friends is vastly unrealistic.

And so easily fixed, just make guildies' taverns accessible like all other forms of pol/mot/GBs

DeletedUser104843

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now this is what I call IRONY!
Just last week I sold all my Watchtowers, about 30 of them, because I have not even been attacked in over a year due to being in hoods with people I know and trust or are in lower ages than me. 1000 diamonds says I am plundered Monday night :)

DeletedUser109222

This is way over due. My only question is by putting only same era hoodies together how hard will it be to trade for higher or lower era goods, especially for those not in guilds? Will you open the market to more than hoodies, guildies and friends?
Lack of access to goods could make it difficult to unlock tech and grow. Maybe a better solution would be to keep uneven hoods but block plundering between players more than an era apart?

DeletedUser104843

Lack of access to goods could make it difficult to unlock tech and grow. Maybe a better solution would be to keep uneven hoods but block plundering between players more than an era apart?

Actually this is not an argument against this change. If I am in a hood with only people of my age then I can get goods from my age or below which are the only goods I will need to progress so I am under no disadvantage.
I do agree however that a better solution would be the plundering restriction but this has been asked for on many occasions and has been shot down so we need to simply accept the new way. It is a hell of a lot better then what we have had for the last 5 years

DeletedUser109096

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now this is what I call IRONY!
Just last week I sold all my Watchtowers, about 30 of them, because I have not even been attacked in over a year due to being in hoods with people I know and trust or are in lower ages than me. 1000 diamonds says I am plundered Monday night :)
30 wee Watchtowers:? Well done by getting rid of those:) Or do you really think Watchtowers matters??

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Introducing Tavern you made that Guildies aren't your friends and you made people to add Guildies to the friends list. Now you want us to add more friends to the overcrowded list. Are you insane?
Make tavern accessible to all Guildies, and postpone new feature for another week so we can sort our lists.

DeletedUser16126

This is good news for me in certain wolds, so from now on I can keep on playing lazy in my farm-worlds an probably even don't get plundered anymore!

And for those trying to progress fast they will get punished by a harder hood.
IMO this is not about the neighbourhood... This is about the fact the fact that they will soon release level 4 of GE and INNO wants to make it a cashcow, so they make neighbourhoodfighting impossible, so guilds are forced to drain money for troops and goods....

DeletedUser64962

While I'm concerned about the possible lack of lower level resources (I'm a farmer/trader) impeding my progress, I'm overjoyed by the prospect of not being plundered every day by players with 28m points. Hooray for equality!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110363

I'd just like to say as a relative newcomer (5 months) that I'm disappointed that the system is going to be so completely rigid. When I stuck around and the neighbourhood opened up it was exploring the neighbours and seeing what they had built that got me excited about the potential of the game in a way that just seeing endless crappy little stone age/iron age settlements would never have done. It's enabled me to put points into interesting GBs and interact with a much broader spectrum of people. I can see why having too great a span of ages can be a problem in some ways but narrowing it down to everyone being of the same age is just unbelievably dull in my opinion. I don't think that's going to do anything for player retention.

The neighbourhood shuffle day bringing new players into my sphere used to be something I really looked forward to. Now it's going to be irrelevant. I suspect it'll be even worse for new players who will get shuffled in with an awful lot of abandoned settlements.

DeletedUser103902

My hood hasn't change in a year or even more well at least the top 50 haven't and now most in FE or AFE, I agree lower era goods will be harder to get if you are in a small guild but if your friends list is across the board then you can still tap into that, so for me I think nothing will happen it will be as dull as always, but I do think its good for lower era players trying for tower points with lower att/def GBs rather than it always being the same top 20 players winning these.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Only took two years for this change and as usual no preparing the players, just surprise them. sad.
Plus the fact that they didn't run it through beta, why work things out before hand?! lol

Last edited:

DeletedUser16126

I'm just wondering: Has this been pipecleaned in beta?
If so, then you better postpone the rollout: it isn't working.
If not, why are you so confident that this change will work the way intended from the first time (even things pipecleaned on beta were messed up!), ... so better postpone it and do a pipecleaning on beta...

So once again, what's the purpose of beta-testing if I don't see the intended behavior there...

DeletedUser11899

It took them only 5 years to do what a lot of players claimed years and years ago
Too late, PvP died time ago and a lot of players left this game tired of being always plundered by advanced players with no chance of revenge due to the bad design and programming of the neigbouhood system.

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Quote: "The only criteria that will now be taken into account is era and the amount of Forge Points spent in the techtree."

So Basically a Player that has played for X years whom has Completed AF Tech and has level 300 CDM/TRAZ/COA/ZEUS Could "Still" in the Same hood as some one whom has completed AF Tech but hasn't played as long whom only has a level 9-10 CDM/TRAZ/COA/ZEUS i can see how that would be nicley balanced, Why on earth cant the critera include the "Players Points Also" this would clearly ensure 100% Balanced Hood !!!