• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Neighborhood Merging System

DeletedUser98451

I guess we'll be seeing a lot of 1 man guilds when the update arrives as players fighting in multi towers will have no other recourse than to switch to GvG, no bad thing in itself as it might liven things up.
As many have said this idea is years late, things have moved on, the tavern shield should be more than enough protection for the whining farmers who with a little effort can sit in safety behind a 2 spear defense especially since the tavern is a completely level playing field.
The bottom line must be that inno are losing too many newer players thus losing out on diamond sales so have decided to wrap them in cotton wool to protect them from the nasties who steal their stuff

DeletedUser109096

well, i salute this new neighborhoods changing system;) for peaceful farmers, city builders, who likes to watch their city animations like me, it's the best thing Inno could do...You can't fight against ME Tank with CA ranger, can you:? Well done Inno!

DeletedUser109385

Exactly, I too salute this new system, screw the plunderers
P.S That means my defensive GBs will become useless :(

DeletedUser106696

I wouldn't pack those in straight away - all you loose are the cowards who exclusively steal from younger players and make the most noise about this change ... given how the AI "works" (lol), any self-respecting PvP player will still be able to beat you courtesy of 6-7 free hits to their rouges.

I have a defence bonus of just over 380 %, and still get beaten by a few players if I don't change my troops very regularly ;)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Exactly, I too salute this new system, screw the plunderers
P.S That means my defensive GBs will become useless :(

Eh? If your defensive GBs are useless then everyone would beat you and then plunder you if they like.

I've just fought through my new neighbourhood - all AF age - not a lot more difficult than before. And I could have plundered who I like, so plunderers won't worry. In fact the only people I'm tempted to plunder are people who constantly moan about plundering. It's all part of the game - don't let it upset you.

eeyore

Corporal
Absolutely DIABOLICAL!
In your new "neighbour" (more like BULLYING) hood, there are 28 players (of 75) with 10 million or more points. Most get there because they fight, attack and plunder. The top 2 have 53 million and 40 million points!!!

The bottom 25 have less than 7 million points, with the lowest hardly 4million!

Having negotiated peace and truce in my old neighbourhood, you have now DUMPED me and other low players (my 7 million points are earned by helping my guild in guild expeditions and trying to conquer sectors - I like to trade and have peaceful friendships with other players).

Your tactics promote BULLYING AND INTIMIDATION.
The moderator advised the the revised neighbourhoods were based "upon research putting players who are roughly at same point together."
How can a range of 4 -53 million points be comparable?

You WILL loose players who play for fun; you will loose players who buy diamonds now and then for fun and to have a little "extra". You promote the fighters to be stronger and stronger to the entire detriment of players who prefer light-hearted peaceful play.

Very disappointing. Sounds like high-flying "consultants" have advised that this would be the best way forward??
Very disappointing.

DeletedUser6065

On Jamis, my new neighbors have absolutely no concept of even marginally laughable fair trading.
. . . mk

DeletedUser109385

I actually love this new system, everyone in my neighborhood has the same powers and I am in rank 1 in East-Nagach and rank 10 in Mount KIllmore

eeyore

Corporal
Long overdue, especially on the "pay to win" server, Langendorn. 2 years of losing hundreds of players as week in week out they were served up as "cannon fodder" to the diamond-fuelled elite until they could stand it no longer and abandoned their accounts.
Would have liked to see 1 further tweak there and that is to split up the top-ranked players in each hood belonging to the same guild, each grouping was always dominated by 1 guild in the top 4 or 5, so they never had to fight against each other

In my new "neighbour"hood, there are 28 players (of 75) with 10 million or more points. Most get there because they fight, attack and plunder. The top 2 have 53 million and 40 million points!!! The bottom 25 have less than 7 million points, with the lowest hardly 4million!

So why do you think, inno have not put the middle 25 players in neighbourhoods with 7-10 million points? I do not think that inno wants fairness, sorry to say.

My suggestion would be: inno computer puts people in automatic, changing neighbourhoods. e.g a "starter" group for Bronze/Iron Age with no more than e.g. 10,000 points. That way, any successful, consistent attacker (and plunderer?) would thence move on to the "advanced" neighbourhood for players with e.g. 60,000-10,001 points. That way, the - hitherto - attacker might find themselves having to develop strategy to cope with attack in return. Once gained 60,001 points, they'd move on automatically once more, set by inno computer, into the next group.

By same way, the player who prefers slow speed and slow progression, will remain longer in each neighbourhood and be less exposed.

eeyore

Corporal
Are your new neighbours in and around the same game age? If they are then points are irrelevant. You have access to the same technology, what is your point?

It is obvious that you do not understand the concept of trading and peaceful exploration (something that Foe used to be). The point is that "Access to the same technology" is pointLESS, as the players who are natural bullies, will build up strong fighter armies.
I have played almost since it started off, well over four years ago. The truth is that you are alienating "veteran" players. But then I suppose, you base the "research" on fleeting modern life that has a very short attention span.

DeletedUser

It is obvious that you do not understand the concept of trading and peaceful exploration (something that Foe used to be)
I'm afraid I don't agree that FoE was ever or will ever be just one thing. The game is whatever you make it and however you decide to play it and we all have to coexist. I hate to say it, but there's plenty of farming games around.
Your suggestion would make sense to some degree if fighting was the only way to gain points, but it's not. To me, the fairest way will always be to group players into their respective ages. Same opportunites, equal playing field.
I do not feel alienated; to the contrary, this is finally a step in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102954

Is it this merging that is to blame for not being able to visit non-friends' cities? I found it handy to compare on the medals table other player's cities to mine, to guage whether I was moving fast enough, but now can't visit and admire anymore. Such a shame, can only use players in hood for aspiration but that is not always all that useful as no like for like comparison.

DeletedUser

Is it this merging that is to blame for not being able to visit non-friends' cities? I found it handy to compare on the medals table other player's cities to mine, to guage whether I was moving fast enough, but now can't visit and admire anymore. Such a shame, can only use players in hood for aspiration but that is not always all that useful as no like for like comparison.
You can still visit, you just need to click on the smaller avatar that opens when you select a players portrait or name in ranking etc.
a48b55ca3e404b9f9554aa3829af7363.png

The game is all about fighting - we build up our cities so that we become stronger - just plowing ahead in research might seem like a good idea, but you will quickly find yourself in a neighborhood of superior fighters - and that's a Big Oops!

Watch out for the minor events (I don't bother with them as they interrupt my forward game planning strategy; strategy is the most important part of this game.) as they will lead you astray.