• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Neighborhood Merging System

DeletedUser110169

I really don't like the sound of this at all. It seems like a complete overreaction that will create a much more boring environment.

It will also remove one of the interesting points of the game for me - the PvP tournaments in the neighborhood. I don't plunder, but I do enjoy working out with what units I can take on players at lower levels. "That mix of Tomorrow units with 60% defence boost, can I beat it with CE ranged? I'll come back tomorrow and give it a go." "I can tackle this player with Tomorrow units, but do I need the points more in the FE tower?" There will be none of that. A major loss for me.

As I read this I will be surrounded by a pretty static group of AF players of about the same strength as me. Apart from a few who don't put up a defence army at all, and may be one or two who don't have any watchtowers/monastery, they will all be impregnable. How boring!

When I was at lower levels I did get plundered, but it was never so very bad. Setting a reminder to collect soon after productions finished when possible meant that even if battles were lost there was often nothing to plunder. And changing my defensive army around so that attackers (unless many levels above) were likely to lose a unit or two saw off most of the plunderers.

So for me this cure is worse than the disease. Better by far would be to switch off plundering when the plunderer is more than two or three levels above the victim. Alternatively, devise a randomised routine to create neighborhoods with a mix of two or three levels. And use it more frequently so that even if one is being beaten up and plundered by a local bully it won't be for long. Or do both, which would enable the routine to create neighborhoods with a mix of three or four levels, which would be more interesting for everyone.

A further point. When at lower levels I assiduously aided players at higher levels in my neighborhood, and befriended them when possible so that I could continue to do so after a reshuffle. That way I got a lot of advanced blueprints and was often able to build a GB as soon as I reached the appropriate level and amassed the necessary goods. This too will be made impossible.

Pretty bad move all round it seems to me. It would have been sensible to hold this discussion before announcing the change. I hope Innogames are big enough to accept that they've rushed and bodged this - and after a period of review and further discussion look to a further and better change in the near future.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I don't have a very strong opinion about this, but I just wanted to say that Jato has made some very good points here (and well reasoned too). Having access to higher level players in the neighbourhood certainly helped me grow quickly in this game, with the opportunity of finding blueprints and fighting in multiple towers much easier in a mixed hood. I bet most of the current top players relished the chance to fight stronger opposition when they were minnows; I certainly did. My guess is that this move has been made to placate the farmers who just will not accept that this is primarily a fighting game and take every plunder as a personal slight against them. How much worse would they find it if (in like most online games) their entire city was destroyed or their defensive army was wiped out when a successful attack was made against them.

This change is unlikely to make much difference to me, especially in my main world where I am in the top 30 on the server, and in a neighbourhood full of AF cities. Some I can beat easily, some are a lot harder, most collect their goods promptly, and most put out a decent army so I don't plunder anyway. If someone plunders me then good luck to them, but that hardly ever happens.

DeletedUser2007

This is NONSENSE & STUPIDITY !!!
With this upgrade, there will be no attacks & plunders, we will be able just to build our towns, produce and collecting goods. This is NONSENSE. Why? It will be more interesting? No, it won't be.
I am currently in progressive era AND DIDN'T BUILD ANY PRODUCTION BUILDING till now!!! All goods I am getting from GBs and plundering. Sometimes (mostly) weaker players, sometimes strongers.
So, this game is becoming something like first version of SIM CITY (just building) or POKEMONGO (just catching pokemons). What will be exciting???
Totally disappointed !!!:mad:
Now I am 2-3 hours daily login to this game. But after this upgrade it will be enough 10 minutes: 1 for collecting goods/supplies/coins and start new production(s), 9 minutes for aid friends/guild members and visiting their taverns.
P.S. Don't forget: Every of us (including me) was low level player (on beginning) and we all were sometimes plundered.
Another P.S.: How can one collects all BPs BEFORE entering new age??? It will no possible to aid higher level players (except guild members and guild members are not enough, we all know that)

DeletedUser109385

I am just loving it how so many plunderers in here are getting mad that they can't plunder their weak victims anymore:lol::lol::lol: just goes to shows a plunderer will take a easy target, even if there is a catch for it!
With this upgrade, there will be no attacks & plunders
HURRAY!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

Let me put it this way:
INNO introduces an artic harbour, that requires an enormous amount of goods, Then they notice that a lot of players cannot progress anymore because they get plundered contineously, and the little goods they can save they have to invest in that good-trashing harbour. So they give up...
Again of the many changes of INNO that ruined the game, so now they invent something else that will again ruin the game for those who were still playing...
Again they tackled a problem much to late and the solution simply sucks...
Don't forget.. at the end it is all about money...INNO thinks that by grouping the stronger players there will be more competition and players will spend diamonds... But they forget that they screwed these players too many times already, so they don't spend anymore...

DeletedUser16126

In beta, I'm in colonial age and at least 25% of my hood already has an Alcatraz....
So also this way of merging is not really fair...

DeletedUser16126

I agree, this solution should have been introduced years and years ago when the players were first asking for it but it's never too late;)
I'm not at all saying that this is a good solution! There was a too big gap sometimes between the players in one hood and then there were players that were plundering daily players that were 3 ages below them.
I had EMA players in my hood a couple of weeks ago while most of the hood is in artic age.
This change is an overreaction to the other side.

But for those who don't like it, it is simple...
Once the new age opens, don't rush forward. Let the big pushers rush forward and opt-in for a strong hood.
Or at least don't go all the way... In artic , the last crew update is useless, unfortunately I finished it just a week agoo, because I wasn't aware of this stupid change...

DeletedUser96901

Only took two years for this change and as usual no preparing the players, just surprise them. sad.
Plus the fact that they didn't run it through beta, why work things out before hand?! lol
this new feature was tested for month on beta

no other feature was longer on beta before releasing it on live servers

normally things are released after 2 weeks

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2007

I just can repeat what I already wrote:
This upgrade is good for players who will spend 10-15 minutes daily in this game. But player who spend 2-3 hours daily (like me :lol: ) will be DISAPPOINTED. What could I do (with such rule) 2-3 hours??? Looking cars on road? Walkers on path???
Plundering "forces" players who are not plunderers to login more times (to collect goods on time, before someone plunders). If there are no plundering, these players will rarely login. Correct???
Currently, my guild open level 2 in GE. For level 3 we need some goods from modern era. But noone in my guild is in modern era. How can we collect these goods? Market? Maybe. But who will put goods on market if all n'hood is from same (progressive) era???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100065

For level 3 we need some goods from modern era. But noone in my guild is in modern era.
Erm yes there are players in ME otherwise it wouldn't ask for ME goods. Maybe the ME players don't contribute to the treasury but they are there.

All goods I am getting from GBs and plundering. Sometimes (mostly) weaker players, sometimes strongers.
Then now you'll get higher aged goods. It's a good thing :)

DeletedUser106696

I find it slightly amusing how much some plunderers here whinge about PvP being dead... seems those folks don't relish taking on players that are potentially their own strength :P. Don't forget that any attacker still has a huge advantage due to the AI still favouring rouges. In effect any attacker still has 6-7 "free hits" over the player being attacked. So what I'm really hearing here is folks complaining that they can no longer steal candy from a baby for 2-3 h. lol
As far as access to higher age goods and BPs go, there's still the guild and friends, and if you are seriously BP hunting, you're much better off making friends with folks who have high-level versions of the GB you're targeting compared to just relying on your hoodies.

DeletedUser103902

All these changes are making it in to a single player game, I want to be able to Fight GVG in EVERY era, I want to be able to plunder my enemies guild players, I need sometimes lower level BPs so I want to check out my hood and see if any lower era player have one about to level, I want to be able to go on to the market and find unrefined goods for my productions ( which is already difficult enough as it is

Vesiger

Monarch
FoE is not primarily a fighting game, though some people may find that the most interesting aspect for them; it's a city-building and optimising game, where you have to make trade-off decisions in order to achieve your goals.
Innogames offer a fighting-centric game for those who want one: it's called Tribal Wars.
Plundering "forces" players who are not plunderers to login more times (to collect goods on time, before someone plunders). If there are no plundering, these players will rarely login. Correct???
Not correct :lol:
I'm logging in several times a day and not plundering anybody; I'm interacting with my guildmates, keeping the trades flowing, gathering goods, and winning medals on the PvP tree via the Guild Expedition combats in multiple waves against boosted troops. Rather more challenging than just steamrollering through players two ages below me on autobattle.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
FoE is not primarily a fighting game...

I agree with most of your post, but as the only way to score in this game is by fighting, or donating goods to enable your guild to fight, I would say this is pretty much entirely a fighting game.

I suppose all the other activities would be classed as a "pastime", but the "game" is all about fighting.

Semantics, I know. Lol.

DeletedUser9168

I have two questions about this new merge system..

Will there still be a merge every two weeks as now?

If a player goes up an age, does that mean he will automatically get placed in a new hood when the next merge occurs?

DeletedUser8813

I agree with most of your post, but as the only way to score in this game is by fighting, or donating goods to enable your guild to fight, I would say this is pretty much entirely a fighting game.

I suppose all the other activities would be classed as a "pastime", but the "game" is all about fighting.

Semantics, I know. Lol.
Agreed ..it is now all about fighting

DeletedUser105544

For me it was always all about fighting, so I have no objections :blush: