• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Market tab

Would a new tab in Market keeping track of goods you bought/sold/expired be helpful?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Toxic Rebel

Private
I don't know if this is a on a page yet, but I looked and didn't find it.

A new (sales)tab in the Market would really help with keeping track of what goods you bought, sold, and what goods expired. Now you have to check the Town Hall everytime, or write everything down.

Using paper unnessesary to write this down, isn't good for the environment. I'm just kidding, 30 years ago, we needed to stop using paper to save trees, and use plastic, now we need to use paper to save the environment from plastic. Politicians don't have a clue what they're doing.

But that's besides the point. I'd like a new tab please, with what goods I sold, bought and are expired. The data is already in the Town Hall, so it can't be that hard to add it to the Market in a new tab, so you could just go from one tab to another, while looking at what you need to sell and buy.

Thank you.

Emberguard

Legend
A new (sales)tab in the Market would really help with keeping track of what goods you bought, sold, and what goods expired. Now you have to check the Town Hall everytime, or write everything down.
So basically you want Event History (Trades) in the Market, ideally with additional info to what is available through Town Hall. Right?

I'd be all for it. Could probably just combine it with the "Your Current Offers" tab.

Please put up a poll so we can vote.

Also here's the formatting for ideas:
Proposal:

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:

Toxic Rebel

Private
That's basically it. Now you have to go back and forth between Town Hall and Trades, so it'd be alot more handy.
Thanks for the explanation.
Btw, sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn't get any notifications in my email.
Added the poll, first poll here, so I hope it's a bit clear, because the characters are limited.

Last edited:
I don't really see the merit of this. Trading should be based on 'have (in excess) and need' not on 'sales history'.

If there is an amount of goods you have that you want to trade for an amount of goods you need, you post trades to trade your 'excess' for your 'need'.
Whether those trades are taken, accepted, or expired isn't really relevant because the net result is that you either 'no longer have an access and no longer have a need' or 'still have an excess and a need'.

Toxic Rebel

Private
If there is an amount of goods you have that you want to trade for an amount of goods you need, you post trades to trade your 'excess' for your 'need'.

I don't agree. I'm in LMA, and only been playing since july 3rd 2021.
So I'm not only trading for HMa, LMA and CA that I need now, but also for higher era, to get a headstart when I decide to level up.
I usually have 3-4 pages of trades, and that's isn't even alot. If I trade from LMA to CA for example, I trade LMA good 1, to CA good 1-5. So I need an easier way to see what sold, what I can take down, and if I need to trade more.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Remember, we get our limited goods mostly from Goods Buildings, not from GB's or special buildings.
I'm sure if you've been playing for years, and get hundreds of goods a day, it's no issue.

Shad23

Emperor
So I'm not only trading for HMa, LMA and CA that I need now, but also for higher era, to get a headstart when I decide to level up.
I usually have 3-4 pages of trades, and that's isn't even alot. If I trade from LMA to CA for example, I trade LMA good 1, to CA good 1-5. So I need an easier way to see what sold, what I can take down, and if I need to trade more.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Remember, we get our limited goods mostly from Goods Buildings, not from GB's or special buildings.
I'm sure if you've been playing for years, and get hundreds of goods a day, it's no issue.
I sugest you do a fp vs goods trade for high era goods then ask your friends and guild mates to help you trade down your high era goods at a rate of 1 of the high era good for 2 goods from the era just befor that era example you get 1000 futur era goods do trades to trade em down to tomorow era goods wich gives 2000 goods then trade the 2000 tomorrow goods for 4000 contemporary goods ect continu trading down till you get goods from eras you need goods in once all traded down you'll have more then enough goods

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
And this game is not a quick play to win. It takes time, time that you can use to slowly acquire goods to move up 1 Age at a time. You do not need to worry about what all trades you have, or trades done - you have an inventory level that lets you know what you have. You only NEED to worry about 5 goods at a time for the next Age. Absolutely no reason for what you are asking for - for old or new players. Just slow down and take your time. If you are in such a rush to know what all is happening, then perhaps you should be doing something else - as FoE is not designed for rushing.

Emberguard

Legend
that I need now, but also for higher era, to get a headstart when I decide to level up.
Trading up will significantly increase the amount of time it takes compared to just getting current age stuff and below. For your stage of development it’d be faster to just age up and get the goods when in that age.

However, if you want that head start goods, then I’d suggest you take Shads advice on how to approach that. It’s so much quicker to get goods from several ages above and then trade down from there rather than trying the other way around

Toxic Rebel

Private
I sugest you do a fp vs goods trade for high era goods then ask your friends and guild mates to help you trade down your high era goods at a rate of 1 of the high era good for 2 goods from the era just befor that era example you get 1000 futur era goods do trades to trade em down to tomorow era goods wich gives 2000 goods then trade the 2000 tomorrow goods for 4000 contemporary goods ect continu trading down till you get goods from eras you need goods in once all traded down you'll have more then enough goods
I am doing that, and I'm trading 50 Sugar Crystals down from SAV, but that takes a long time, because high ranked players don't need to trade as much. So you loose track of what's still up for trade, what's been traded, and what's expired, because your focus is on what you need now. The higher era are a side trade. It makes me comfortableI having them, even tho I don't need them now.
Edit: the 50 Sugar Crystals aren't the only goods. Got a gift from a friend, and that's the last of it. The other goods are traded down, or left somewhere to be used later. I'm not in a guild, so I want to be able to trade, when I need goods for a GB I want/need, without having to beg for them.

Emberguard

Legend
I am doing that, and I'm trading 50 Sugar Crystals down from SAV, but that takes a long time, because high ranked players don't need to trade as much
Ah, You could start lower than SAV. You’ll never get all your goods traded down anyway (they just don’t exist in the game in those quantities if you start so high up)

So you loose track of what's still up for trade, what's been traded, and what's expired, because your focus is on what you need now.
Sounds like you need an entirely display from anything your idea will provide. Like yeah, I like the idea, but that info could be so much better displayed if the goods inventory display in general were overhauled (which I can’t imagine happening unfortunately)

Toxic Rebel

Private
And this game is not a quick play to win. It takes time, time that you can use to slowly acquire goods to move up 1 Age at a time. You do not need to worry about what all trades you have, or trades done - you have an inventory level that lets you know what you have. You only NEED to worry about 5 goods at a time for the next Age. Absolutely no reason for what you are asking for - for old or new players. Just slow down and take your time. If you are in such a rush to know what all is happening, then perhaps you should be doing something else - as FoE is not designed for rushing.
I know it's a slow game, but I feel better knowing I have goods in higher era, in case I need them.

Toxic Rebel

Private
Ah, You could start lower than SAV. You’ll never get all your goods traded down anyway (they just don’t exist in the game in those quantities if you start so high up)

Sounds like you need an entirely display from anything your idea will provide. Like yeah, I like the idea, but that info could be so much better displayed if the goods inventory display in general were overhauled (which I can’t imagine happening unfortunately)
Not a complete rebuild, just what I said.
Now you post a trade, and it expires after a week. You check your Town Hall when you aid people. Ok, that expired, you aid people and go to the Market after 10 or so minutes. Damn forgot what expired or was traded, so back to the Town Hall.
You put that up for trade again, add a new trade with the goods you just got, and go back to the Town Hall, to check what else was expired.
So the Town Hall goods info in a new tab, would save alot of going back and forth. It's either that, or writing every trade down, and that's no fun.

Last edited:
Be nice if I could just re-enable the expired trade right from the town hall log. It already allows a filter on trades.
Now, this I could sort of understand. At the same time, it would make it that much easier for the small proportion of people that are constantly spamming the market with highly unfair trades already... So, if we were to go down this route, I would hope it would be combined with a maximum number of trades (either by 'type for type' or 'type+quantity for type+quantity). Nobody 'needs' 40x 20 stone for 10 iron, they may need 5x 20 stone for 10 iron though, and 5x 40 stone for 20 iron, etc.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Now, this I could sort of understand. At the same time, it would make it that much easier for the small proportion of people that are constantly spamming the market with highly unfair trades already... So, if we were to go down this route, I would hope it would be combined with a maximum number of trades
This is more along the line of something I would prefer. Tired of people who think that they can 'game' the game by having controlling interest in certain goods. If there was a max cap on # of available trades, like 50 active at a time, it would greatly reduce the number of spam trades that are spoiling the Market. And by limiting the # of active trades, would also cause a number of these so called "goods collectors" or whatever the term is, so lose interest, since they would not be able to control, or corner the market by being able to control certain goods (especially in a bad GbG season, when some guilds are basically running out of certain goods - and there are hoarders who will only trade if they can establish a very favorable trade for the goods in their own inventory).

Toxic Rebel

Private
This is more along the line of something I would prefer. Tired of people who think that they can 'game' the game by having controlling interest in certain goods. If there was a max cap on # of available trades, like 50 active at a time, it would greatly reduce the number of spam trades that are spoiling the Market. And by limiting the # of active trades, would also cause a number of these so called "goods collectors" or whatever the term is, so lose interest, since they would not be able to control, or corner the market by being able to control certain goods (especially in a bad GbG season, when some guilds are basically running out of certain goods - and there are hoarders who will only trade if they can establish a very favorable trade for the goods in their own inventory).
Gotta love the 1/10 trades, or the 2/1 trades 5-10 era apart. Does anyone buy those?!?
I also have unfair trades, but nothing I wouldn't buy. Usually 50/50 or 100/100 one era up.
You don't always pay attention to lower era goods when negotiating, so I have to buy those trades too, and I don't see them as unfair trades.
And seriously, there are "goods collectors"? I'm in LMA, but still have 2 HMA goods buildings, and one IA one, so I have goods to trade, and aren't so dependent on the market.