• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New in game survey is intrusive as hell

DeletedUser115541

so I get that you guys want some feedback about the game. This is great, some of the questions should help out majorly. That being said

Why do you need to know the following

How much money I earn
What I do for a job
How many people live in my house
How many are children
What I shop for
Where I do my shopping

How does any of the above help you develop and maintain the game

The fact you guys have a survey asking this is utterly disgusting, yes I faked all those answers (which means you can’t trust any answer I gave now)

Unless your planning on selling that information...which I’m assuming your going to do why do you need it

If your going to sell my information, you could at least do it more subtly.

DeletedUser115541

It was a pop up in game similar to the sales pop ups they have, it then takes you out of game to a browser which has the survey

DeletedUser97166

Wouldn't that all be classed as marketing information though? I think those sort of things are so they know where to go with the target audience in their marketing campaigns.

DeletedUser99588

Some of the questions did over step the mark. I would imagine many just not bothering or giving false answers. I appreciate they are trying to find out demographics of those playing the game but not very subtle with the questions. I completed it though as I do complain about parts of the game so I should show willing when asked for opinion and feedback even if some marketing stuff is thrown in with it.

DeletedUser104623

I also got the survey and do not finished it because only questions about game was which parts of FoE I like, on which platform I play and how often, how long I play video games and last was where I am looking for information about games. After that It was about my shopping preferences, how I spend money and questions mentioned in first post. Answers on such type of questions are good just for a marketing actions I only hope that marketing actions are not planning as a new improvements for FoE.

DeletedUser114563

so I get that you guys want some feedback about the game. This is great, some of the questions should help out majorly. That being said

Why do you need to know the following

How much money I earn
If there is a lot of players stating that they make big bucks then they show the Free Offers ( buy lots of diamonds and get something for free ) more often. Wealthy players tend to spend big bucks more frequently.

DeletedUser110531

Companies usually use that information to find out what kind of people play their games or use their product. It helps give them an idea of their current audience. It's not used to single out one person but to find out how they can better reach more players.

DeletedUser112892

Hmmm, yesterday I commented about they cringy livestreams, saying how majority of players aren't little children.
Coincidence? I think not :lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser114563

Companies usually use that information to find out what kind of people play their games or use their product. It helps give them an idea of their current audience. It's not used to single out one person but to find out how they can better reach more players.
Let's say that their current audience is of a lower income bracket, do you think it's going to make any changes to the actual game ?

DeletedUser115541

What I buy at the shops ie groceries and where I shop to obtain them.... doesn’t effect how it’s game is played or marketed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Wherr were you asked that?
I never received such a survey.
It popped up on my game just a couple minutes ago when logging on, I never looked at what was in it and just dismissed the survey thinking if I can always decide later to do it if it pops back up.

May effect where they focus their marketing though
Absolutely. One time I was in a meeting for a local supermarket where a company showed their data collected about their customers. It astounded me just how crazy accurate they were able to specify every age bracket and how exactly each group thinks in relation to shopping without ever using any third party companies to gather the info. Even though it was generalised it was really accurate to my own income and my own purchasing decisions.

Let's say that their current audience is of a lower income bracket, do you think it's going to make any changes to the actual game ?
Lower income bracket in itself wouldn't change anything. Lower income that spends a lot? That would change the marketers approach. Income and family determine spare income along with if they're impulse buyers or well thought ahead buyers

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
FoE is InnoGames most important game in regard to income. They do run marketing campaigns many places – Also on TV Channels and Outdoor.
Secondary InnoGames is currently building a new team for another Game Franchise – From what I have read it is most likely going be a game for Mobile.

I have taken a few surveys over the years from them – this last one was blocked by my browser.
I though never had such inrtrusive questions for income, where I shop or directly quesitoned for Children.

My best guess is that they are looking at their player base to see where their other offers and most likely the new game can be promoted and to what price, target group specifics etc. The more they know the better they can tailor a new game to fit the criterias. Such stuff backchains to development costs and many other parameters likie age etc. making the basis for the development and core framing of the target group.

FoE has exisisted since 2012 and Inno can "monitor" nearly every action players do – it is higly unlikely that they do not already know their FoE player base quite well. It is a free game – how much money is spend is a pretty clear number. It is though not always clear if a certain event and offers along with the event will be spurring more Diamond investments or not. In the end the user still choses if he or she want to use monery or not.

Wihtout haven taken the Survey in question – I guess that it has less to do with FoE only and far more to do with other Inno Game developments. That said FoE has been under a constant change for along period. At times it has been obvious that development have been in a somewhat crisis implementing extras that essentially has not really added much more to the core experience overall. They might also be looking for where to take FoE in the future.
Over this about five years period it is safe to say that the whole concept has been challenged – started as a inspired game with a clear aim to build on th e known history of man, till the contemporary Era was reached - Then part of the conceptual troubles began. The rest of game market has moved in many new directions meanwhile – Games made for Mobile platforms has been coming at an immense stream in this period.

With regard to Inno being a German based company it is often so that the Germans are not always first movers – but when they finally decide to go in a newer direction if will happen. I think to some extend Inno have had this same development process - Just Look at the UI and UX design of FoE, it is highly old fashioned and rather conservative, more like games 10 years ago. I live in germany and one can still find an immense amount of websites that are so 2006. Even official websites have not exactly been user freindly – always a lot of information to read before finding the button to press to proceed. That said the whole startup industry in Germany is very vibrant now and I am almost sure that Inno games now have a lot broader culutral staff from many places around the world than they did at the beginning – this will change what kind of games Inno is going to offer in the future.

Vesiger

Monarch
You can skip individual questions - I accidentally skipped the question about my sex by clicking on the wrong part of the screen, and it just went on to the next part of the survey without requiring an answer.