• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: New ideas

claudef

Private
Reason
To save going back and forth between the city and reconstruction

Details:
In reconstruction l'd like to suggest that we could build or remove buildings and roads to be able to bring items from inventory to the city or from construction menu and be able to sell/delete buildings and roads no longer required not necessarily put them back into inventory

Emberguard

Legend
In reconstruction l'd like to suggest that we could build or remove buildings and roads to be able to bring items from inventory to the city or from construction menu and be able to sell/delete buildings and roads no longer required not necessarily put them back into inventory
Ok hypothetically you do this...... Let's say you take everything out of inventory. What are you going to do if you run out of space (you took everything out of inventory), can't put it back into inventory and can't finish reconstruction because there's more things out than what can be placed down. What would you do then? Would you be OK with having to delete a bunch of good things because they've been taken out of inventory that would have been profitable if sold at the Antiques instead?

Shad23

Emperor
Ok hypothetically you do this...... Let's say you take everything out of inventory. What are you going to do if you run out of space (you took everything out of inventory), can't put it back into inventory and can't finish reconstruction because there's more things out than what can be placed down. What would you do then? Would you be OK with having to delete a bunch of good things because they've been taken out of inventory that would have been profitable if sold at the Antiques instead?
i'd say do like when you want to build a road and you don't have enough supply's turn it red if game sees you don't have enough space to fit everything then you'll know you need to sell something to place it
am pretty sure this has been suggested before and is probably not fully formatted

claudef

Private
l would only take out of Inventory what would fit in the city I would never take everything out of Inventory. To sell buildings in Antiques dealer l would need to have sufficient Store building items to return buildings to Inventory before I could place them in Antiques dealer unless you know a way to take them directly from the city to put them in Antiques dealer.

claudef

Private
i'd say do like when you want to build a road and you don't have enough supply's turn it red if game sees you don't have enough space to fit everything then you'll know you need to sell something to place it
am pretty sure this has been suggested before and is probably not fully formatted
I did a search through Ideas I didn't see this in Ideas.

Emberguard

Legend
l would only take out of Inventory what would fit in the city
That’s my point, how are you going to prevent yourself from miscalculating and placing too much? The current system only allows what’s currently in the city. If you can’t place it in the current layout then what makes you think you have room for it in reconstruction?

claudef

Private
Working on it a few at a time remove some then add replacements. How I currently do it is, Remove items I no longer need in the live city, Then place the city in reconstruction, Move items around then take it back to the live city and add any new items. My recommended change would remove the need to go back and forth to add new items and move them around till everything fits less movement between reconstruction and the live city It could be done in less moves, Hopefully that makes sense .
That’s my point, how are you going to prevent yourself from miscalculating and placing too much? The current system only allows what’s currently in the city. If you can’t place it in the current layout then what makes you think you have room for it in reconstruction?

Last edited:

claudef

Private
In reconstruction you can't add any more than would fit in the city, usually I'm only trying to add one or two buildings each time by removing those I no longer need. before I add the ones out of inventory

Last edited: