• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Idea: City Daily Collection Statistics

Savage-Wind

Private
Proposal: Add a feature that allows the player to view daily collection statistics for their city for the previous seven (7) days. That is, show you the total amount of coins, supplies, medals, diamonds, FPs, military units, and goods collected on a daily basis for the past seven days. A seven day total would also be neat.

In addition to showing a player their own daily collection statistics, the feature could be further enhanced to allow players to view and compare with the highest daily collector in their neighborhood, guild, friends list, and potentially the community at large. However, the sharing of daily collection statistics with the community must be something that can be disabled in game settings should the player NOT want to make their stats visible.

I think this feature will foster conversation, collaboration, and even competition between players. :D

Reason: New feature that could stimulate player interaction and competition. Adds a little more flavor to the city building aspects of the game.

Details: Add a new tab to the Town Hall screen that shows daily collection statistics for the past seven days in descending order (latest day is at the top). The daily collection statistics cover all of the "primary" resources in the game (coins, supplies, medals, diamonds) and also include key secondary resources such FPs, military units, and goods. Military units could be broken down by type (fast, heavy, light, etc.) though I don't see this as critical to the feature -- a top-level total is more important.

Visual Aids: If this idea gains traction I can produce a screen mock-up showing an example of what this might look like. :D

Balance: I don't think there are any game balancing concerns with this feature. Though for the daily collection statistic sharing part I think it is important to allow players to disable sharing for their city. For example, an option could be added to the settings screen that allows the player to prevent their daily collection stats from being shared.

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: Fun idea that allows players to better track their game progress through basis statistics and potentially compare and contrast with other players.

Thanks! -Savage

Last edited:
I would like to see my statistics, but against the idea of being able to share it. It's only for the player himself, he can share whatever he wants in pm. That's why I won't vote, otherwise would be +1.

Also stats like number of battles you win in a day (although some third party sites can tell you this one but they are not regularly updated) and number of plunders could be included.

Savage-Wind

Private
I would like to see my statistics, but against the idea of being able to share it. It's only for the player himself, he can share whatever he wants in pm. That's why I won't vote, otherwise would be +1.

Also stats like number of battles you win in a day (although some third party sites can tell you this one but they are not regularly updated) and number of plunders could be included.

Hello thelegend88. Thanks for the feedback! I expect that there *will* be a number of players that do NOT want to share their statistics with others. Perhaps because they'd rather "fly under the radar", or maybe they don't want to appear competitive, or perhaps some other reason I cannot guess. :) In the balance section I did suggest that the daily collection statistics sharing feature could be toggled on/off in game settings - I do see this as important. I'll move this comment to the main proposal section so that people don't miss it. Again, thanks for the feedback! -Savage

Savage-Wind

Private

Hello Agent327. Thanks for you reply! Here are a few ways and/or examples of how I think this feature could stimulate conversation and competition between players:

• You notice that the highest collector in your neighborhood is pulling in a MASSIVE amount of goods on a daily basis. You look at their city though, and you're not at all sure how they're doing it. You decide to ask them what their secret is.
  • You started playing around the same time as two other people on your friends list. You have a friendly competition with both of them to see who can advance the fastest. One of the ways the three of you measure this is who can rake in the most FP per day. You use this feature to get a clear report of how you're doing, and how they're doing (shared via PM), so you can try to keep up with your friends!
  • You feel like your city setup is just not optimal and you want some advice. You ask an advanced player in your guild for some guidance and they ask you for your daily production stats to get a sense of where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Having this data in a readily shareable form (copy/paste) would make this very easy.
That's just a few quick thoughts. I'm sure there are many more ways the data could be useful and interesting. :)

Dead-Eye

General
A wonderful idea. Would be nice to know how much stuff my city pumps out on a daily or weekly basis without having to bother with math. Would have to have a separate tally for stuff gotten from quests, events, and stealing stuff from hoodies.

Agent327

Overlord
  • You notice that the highest collector in your neighborhood is pulling in a MASSIVE amount of goods on a daily basis. You look at their city though, and you're not at all sure how they're doing it. You decide to ask them what their secret is.
Why would I care? He plays his game I play mine. If I am the highest collector why would I tell you? You are my competition, not my friend.

• You started playing around the same time as two other people on your friends list. You have a friendly competition with both of them to see who can advance the fastest. One of the ways the three of you measure this is who can rake in the most FP per day. You use this feature to get a clear report of how you're doing, and how they're doing (shared via PM), so you can try to keep up with your friends!
Why on earth would I do that? Ranking and points show who advances the fastest. If you want to play a game in a game, keep your own stats.

• You feel like your city setup is just not optimal and you want some advice. You ask an advanced player in your guild for some guidance and they ask you for your daily production stats to get a sense of where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Having this data in a readily shareable form (copy/paste) would make this very easy.

No advanced player would ask for my daily production stats. They will look at my city setup.

That's just a few quick thoughts. I'm sure there are many more ways the data could be useful and interesting. :)

Maybe to look at it once, but it does not better your gameplay.

Savage-Wind

Private
Why would I care? He plays his game I play mine. If I am the highest collector why would I tell you? You are my competition, not my friend.

Why on earth would I do that? Ranking and points show who advances the fastest. If you want to play a game in a game, keep your own stats.

No advanced player would ask for my daily production stats. They will look at my city setup.

Maybe to look at it once, but it does not better your gameplay.

Hello Agent327. OK, I understand you have no interest in this feature. That's fine - I'm sure it's not for everyone. :)

By the way, I just found out that there is a Google Chrome extension that attempts to do just what I'm suggesting here. I don't like the idea of using Google Chrome extensions from unknown developers though, so I think I'll stay away from it. This would be much better implemented in the game.