• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New GB: Prevent Plunders

DeletedUser

Proposal:
An ageless great building that provides the prevention of plunders as it's bonus.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Didn't see one
Reason:
The current system of neighborhood balancing is inequitable. This is one idea to amend the problem.

Details:
A great building that provides the prevention of plunders as it's bonus. level 1 could prevent the first 2 plunders or alternatively, level 1 could preserve a percentage of the goods that are being plundered.

Visual Aids:
;)

Balance:
Being at a huge disadvantage in my neighborhood, this is one solution to balance things out or attempt to at least.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Brief idea, see above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
To balance out your neighbourhood, wouldn't it have to be available chiefly to those who are already lowest in the rankings?

DeletedUser12146

Again with plunder whining thread... Seems to me like every day one of this is opened :(
We already have GB's that increase the bonus of defense, just level them up...

DeletedUser107476

May have +1'd it if you had suggested a new defence GB, as at moment there are just 2 compared to 3 attack GB's.

DeletedUser

To balance out your neighborhood, wouldn't it have to be available chiefly to those who are already lowest in the rankings?

I was just spinning ideas off the top of my head this morning. I didn't mention what age the GB should be available at... It should be ageless like the observatory.

In response to everyone else's negativity, I implore you to reconsider. It's probable you're in a less hostile neighborhood than I or you're near the top of food chain. The current system is unbalanced and shouldn't be based solely on tech tree progress (from what I read earlier that's how it is) when there are attack/defense bonus GBs. It's also probable that the people that would like this idea have already left the game lol.

May have +1'd it if you had suggested a new defence GB, as at moment there are just 2 compared to 3 attack GB's.

That's a good point. It's also remarkable that the defense GBs require more FPs to level up per level than the attack GBs.

Vesiger

Monarch
I feel that the people who are most likely to acquire such a GB first are those least likely to need it...
Clearly I have been luckier than you; I'm currently near the top of my neighbourhood without having any GBs at all, having put all my Forge Points into tech progress, and I haven't been plundered for a long time - the players in my neighbourhood who are strong enough to beat me play only for points anyway, and haven't bothered trying for some time. I try to return the compliment by not plundering people I can beat easily - they're not worth it for points anyway.

I do wonder how long it is going to be before GBs start to have a significant effect against me (I still don't have a complete set of blueprints for anything), but it seems to me that the answer for people who are weak because they don't have GBs is unlikely to be to provide them with a special GB that they need to collect.

DeletedUser96869

-1 Plunder is part of the game. It might be worth making the AI a bit smarter in city defence though

Inno should just balance the hoods properly which could help someone like bottlecap. We have CA and PME players in a hood dominated by FE players

DeletedUser100832

personally I would prefer a different sort of GB

this GB allows one to booby-trap your buildings. If someone plunders a booby-trapped building, their army dies, and possibly one random building from their city (maybe not a GB) gets demolished

that would make pvp interesting

DeletedUser109385

-1 I prefer using defensive GB as it's always fun watching your enemies lose in replies:) and I like plundering this idea will just take away my like in a way

DeletedUser109268

I went all the way to redemption and I have finally realized that hitting the hoodies is not such an advantage in the long run, I rather prefer to be aided and fed with FPs my dear Frontenac, Alcatraz , Arc and so forth, but I'd ask (kindly) whether we can stop posting ideas about the following 3 topics :

1. Whining about being plundered
2. The Arc is too powerful
3. The IA is stupid and the rogue is too powerful

Please I beg you , NO MORE. Thanks