• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forum New Game Logo

DeletedUser6065

Aesthetics aside (art is in the eye of the beholder after all), I see this as yet another entry in the truly long list of things not needed nor requested.

. . . mk

DeletedUser914

This logo gives better information what the game is all about. :o
forgelogo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eden7c

Private
Well I like it, a nice change but there are down sides that goes with that change:

1. The neighbour scrolling bug is back;

2. There is a also a new Gigantic pop-up window accompanying the daily quest (5, 15, 1 hour, 4 hours , 4 hours, 8 hours) I think that last one is overkill a bit.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I'm beginning to find the new logo rather flat and 2 dimensional compared with the previous one. It doesn't stand out in any way, either in originality or design. It has lost the uniqueness of the original and rather resembles a bland mission statement.

DeletedUser503

It is just plain boring and doesn't tell you anything. I hope the money from our hard earned diamond purchases wasn't spent on it and it was prepared down the pub, out of hours, on a spirograph and a cigarette packet

DeletedUser16126

it was prepared down the pub, out of hours, on a spirograph and a cigarette packet
Not at all! I think if it would have been prepared in a pub, then it would have been a much better design.
The best ideas come in situations like that when you just relax and start to invent the most crazy things...

DeletedUser9168

It would be interesting to have a poll to see how many current players refer to the game as "Forge" - which is what the new logo implies we should be calling it.

I personally have always called it Forge of EMPIRES - with the stress on the word EMPIRES, as that is what i have been strive to create (or 'forge'). Even as the abbreviated FoE, i have always pronounced it 'Eff-oh- EEE' - again stress on the final syllable.
So to now see the game effectively renamed as "Forge" seems very alien to me. but maybe i am the only one who sees it like this.

the original illustration of the blacksmith's (small 'b') iron workers forge tools always struck me as an apt illustration of the creativity involved in building and developing your city, which made it stand out from other similar game logos.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 11.18.03.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 11.18.25.png

DeletedUser12400

It would be interesting to have a poll to see how many current players refer to the game as "Forge" - which is what the new logo implies we should be calling it.

I personally have always called it Forge of EMPIRES - with the stress on the word EMPIRES, as that is what i have been strive to create (or 'forge'). Even as the abbreviated FoE, i have always pronounced it 'Eff-oh- EEE' - again stress on the final syllable.
So to now see the game effectively renamed as "Forge" seems very alien to me. but maybe i am the only one who sees it like this.

the original illustration of the blacksmith's (small 'b') iron workers forge tools always struct me as an apt illustration of the creativity involved in building and developing your city, which made it stand out from other similar game logos.

View attachment 9385View attachment 9386

I fully agree with you!

DeletedUser99588

Personally I couldn't care less. The yellow is maybe a little bright making it look a tad amateurish but I really don't spend time looking at it. I guess they are trying to get it to stand out in the crowd of other app games. As far as focusing on the forge aspect does that mean GvG where empires are being made and lost is seen as a dead end and poorer relation of the game?

I imagine some marketing guru will have told them you need to differentiate yourself from others and 'Empire' is used in a number of other games so focus on the forge. Nothing really to do with the game itself just trying to take advantage of the 2-3 seconds you have to gain the interest of a prospective new customer searching through a game list on the app stores.

That being said they do seem to have a relatively new graphics person who likes to make everything overly bright. Maybe it's someone young brought up on modern cartoons which tend to be quite garish to attract and try and hold toddlers attention. Maybe someone can advise them of the average player age for this game or possibly toddlers are their new demographic.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I imagine some marketing guru will have told them you need to differentiate yourself from others and 'Empire' is used in a number of other games so focus on the forge.
I think the new logo doesn't look all that different from those of similar games.
From the point of view wanting to stand out, the old one was more striking as it wasn't just about the basic building of cities - but something more to do with the spirit of the game - as a crucible where old empires were destroyed and new ones arose.

DeletedUser102542

The old logo had personality. Just look at it, dig it up with Google. Very well balanced, it had emotion and "feel" what the game is all about. Someone should set up the starting page with old and new logo side by side. To me, new one is awful. Like so many have said, it does not stand out from logos of other games of similar nature. But most of all, it's cold, no personality, does not fit - or blend beautifully - into starting screen like the old one did, to me it does not reflect this game in any way. Designer probably meant well but this was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge step backwards. Me not like one bit. I really did it, printed out the old one and taped it on my screen when playing. Pretty please with sugar on top, get the old one back. Or at least make a vote for the player community what it thinks about it.

DeletedUser5180

whats this logo all about (appeared this morning on the loading page)

new foe logo.png

is it getting changed again.?

DeletedUser5180

thanks for your reply, i still like the original best but this version imo is an improvement on the replacement