• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forum New Game Logo

DeletedUser12400

:eek: I like old logo better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6838

Looks almost excactly how KingsAge logo used to look like =/.

DeletedUser14704

Please don't, looks hideous. At least the old logo was in colour and actually represented a forge. This new one looks like an unpainted model from Games Workshop.
At least give players the time to screenshot the old one, so they can print it out and stick it on the monitor. ;)

I just tried superimposing it over the background picture, the old logo blends quite well, the new one looks completely alien.

DeletedUser97018

all i know is that i really really really don't like it!
the old one was very much "foe", and this one is just.... unimaginative
and that letter icon you get on tabs, is just like any other in the sea of letters...
dunno how to explain it
just looks bad to me and so makes me want to stop looking at it at all
you asked, so there you go :p

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I quite liked the old one but I take your point about it not really expressing what the game is about. It is after all just a crucible and the game could be about anything - Mad Scientists perhaps :rolleyes:
I am sure we will all get used to the new one, even those who hate change.

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Sorry but why not hold a competition for a few Diamonds for someone to create a new one for you, I know their are lots of Budding artists in here that would definitely come up with something a Little Better imho...

Regards
Prom

DeletedUser100378

The old logo has been enshrined into the past and present players minds, its THE GAME we all admire and play together.
The new logo looks a wee bit "legoland"-ish, sorry but I dont feel it will come upto scratch of the current logo's standing, maybe add more colour and shading like the current logo and see how that is accepted ?

DeletedUser17109

I suggest keeping the old lettering and adding the new background with the 4 towers and shield. Appeal to both camps.

joesoap

Major-General
part of the explanation for the change..."it puts the first word of the game's name in the center and makes it much more prominent", i have often seen the game referred to as FoE so both words, Forge & Empires, are important & having a new logo which will overshadow 1 just seems illogical & wrong

DeletedUser5180

what a waste of time

please stick to developing the actual game

DeletedUser103889

In my opinion this new logo is more beautiful and we can see colors of Germany sign at the center of logo,black, red, yellow :) behind of this sign there is a shield with two part, during the history from middle age to the modern era, for eyes this logo is symmetric and more beautiful with artistic aspects too but need more polish, its a good idea to highlight forge word instead of forge of empires, because forge is little and easier to call it and most of people specially my friends when speak about game just tell forge or FoE and they say forge of empires less. this logo is intelligently and there are other things behind it and just FoE team can describe them, F-O-R-G-E, are they abbreviation of a sentence?
any way thank you so much FoE team to create a beautiful game such FOE for us.

DeletedUser64962

In my opinion this new logo is more beautiful and we can see colors of Germany sign at the center of logo,black, red, yellow :) F-O-R-G-E, are they abbreviation of a sentence?

Aha! Now I understand everything, it's part of Angela Merkel's plan to dominate the world...FORGE is an abbreviation...the missing letters are RMANY.
Apart from that, I don't think the new logo is as attractive visually as the old one, but there you go, things change.

DeletedUser108516

Even though I can see how the layout for the new logo is more practical, it lacks the dept and detailing that made the old one really stand out. It looks like an unfinished concept in comparison.

Also "Forge" in that yellow colour seems very generic to me and less unique than the old one.

However it's not a bad logo in itself if you do not compare it directly to the old one. I am sure everyone will get use to it soon enough.

DeletedUser

I understand the importance of the idea, but the design itself is plain and poor. It looks like a sketchbook scrap. Are you sure the designer got properly paid? This is something I'd make as a protest for lousy salary. Sorry.

DeletedUser16126

Hire an professional logo designer. New one looks terrible.
A professional logo designer will probably come with a nice dynamic logo as we had before.
This one is childish.
The story around it is useless, I didn't even notice that the 2 towers were different.
If the game is all about progressing through the ages, why did we have to wait almost a full year for a new age?
Indeed many good players left because nothing new was happening....
To me the fighting and social part of the game are much more important that the progressing through the ages...

DeletedUser16126

I understand the importance of the idea, but the design itself is plain and poor. It looks like a sketchbook scrap. Are you sure the designer got properly paid? This is something I'd make as a protest for lousy salary. Sorry.
Are you sure the designer made it? I think rather one of his childs had a good time!