• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature): New City backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:

To be able to purchase, or win through events, new "cityscapes" that we could apply to our cities. The forest and stream is so 2013! :P I mean could we have a "beach" theme? or a "winter" theme? (fan of game of thrones!) then choose which one you want to see when you view your town. Diamonds for innogames, and fun if you win one through a quest or seasonal event.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, but for some reason i cant make the search work well on this forum - if somebody knows of a dupe i apologise and will link to the original.

Reason:

Just to change things up a little!

Details:

As above

Visual Aids:

Balance:

N/A

Abuse Prevention:

N/A

Summary:

Just thought it would add something extra that is fun - a little more simple customisation

Surge

Brigadier-General
It sounds like a nice cosmetic difference, but Inno won't implement any graphical stuff until it's out of its eternal beta stage (which has to be called Alpha, because Beta is a bugfixing stage, not content addition).

Also, the current theme is actually more 2012 than 2013.

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this, but would it not be better to have quadrants of the map that could be changed so that you can get a varied cityscape i.e. inland dorest and beach combined

plus 1 from me here

DeletedUser105159

I support this idea, it adds a nice visual element to the game. I would pay diamonds for the ability to customize.

DeletedUser105579

+1 from me, I'm getting tired of these recurring special event building upgrades, a new theme would add nice variety

Vesiger

Monarch
+1
I don't see why not - it would be as much fun/use as some of the special event decorations that are effectively booby prizes at the moment...

DeletedUser96869

+1 could be interesting.

It sounds like a nice cosmetic difference, but Inno won't implement any graphical stuff until it's out of its eternal beta stage (which has to be called Alpha, because Beta is a bugfixing stage, not content addition).

That made me chuckle Surge

DeletedUser100065

Although I would prefer bugs to be fixed rather than more cosmetic changes i do like the idea so +1 for it

If bugs would be fixed with higher priority than they are now , maybe, but as it stands now, it would take a lot of development resources that I would rather see going to giving us better city re-arranging by having the sticks only mode!

DeletedUser107616

+1 But NOT to win or buy, FREE - the last thing I want is to open a gold chest in an event and "win" a background.

Backgrounds to match the ages...
>Arctic style with snow, ice, polar bears & penguins for ARCTIC FUTURE
>Just water & small islands for OCEANIC FUTURE

The Arctic Future background could double for all the winter events
It wouldn't be a waste of time for them to make a couple of different backgrounds - as they could be used every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.