• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forum New Forum Layout

DeletedUser9168

wow, this is going to take a bit of getting used to! new posts, inbox, etc
does this mean app users can now access the forum direct from the game app rather going through safari etc?
and i can't find out how to make a new thread, lol, so posting a question here (sorry OT)

what's happened with the GE championships this morning - seem to be "coming soon" on all worlds (and we know what "coming soon" means in INNO-speak)

Vesiger

Monarch
Can't find a new posts button, so it's hard to see what's going on...
The new layout seems to use up an awful lot of space - I can only see a few items at a time, but there's a massive banner at the top that I don't remember from before. Maybe works better on a small phone screen, but on a tablet it's pretty unusable. And I can't find any settings to alter any of it. In fact the only thing I seem to have access to is 'conversations' and follow-ups to my own posts.

DeletedUser100065

what's happened with the GE championships this morning - seem to be "coming soon" on all worlds (and we know what "coming soon" means in INNO-speak)
Should be working now, was a bit of an issue with en11 today but hopefully everything is fixed.

DeletedUser12146

All you needed to to is make previous design responsive, and you solved mobile users; not change whole design, which is terrible atm...

DeletedUser9168

Does this new forum layout allow us to post a signature image once again?
mine has been in storage for far too long since the last forum makeover

Jampots signature.jpg

DeletedUser4727

wow, this is going to take a bit of getting used to! new posts, inbox, etc
does this mean app users can now access the forum direct from the game app rather going through safari etc?
and i can't find out how to make a new thread, lol, so posting a question here (sorry OT)
Mobile users directly from the app, not as of yet. App updates are global, and the forum update is being rolled out in batches across different markets :) The advantage to mobile users is it is designed for use on mobile devices, especially with touch screens and such.

a06248980af842b881e5edb753243638.png

Can't find a new posts button, so it's hard to see what's going on...
The new layout seems to use up an awful lot of space - I can only see a few items at a time, but there's a massive banner at the top that I don't remember from before. Maybe works better on a small phone screen, but on a tablet it's pretty unusable. And I can't find any settings to alter any of it. In fact the only thing I seem to have access to is 'conversations' and follow-ups to my own posts.
New posts should be listed down the side of the main forums, unless Im misunderstanding you.

What specifically are you having issues with on your device? What device do you use? I want to feedback as much as I can to make improvements. What settings do you want you're missing and I'll tell you if they're available :)

All you needed to to is make previous design responsive, and you solved mobile users; not change whole design, which is terrible atm...
Can you elaborate, please? The new forum layouts are a company wide change we're looking to implement across all markets and all games. We need your help to improve it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Does this new forum layout allow us to post a signature image once again?

It is indeed possible to have a signature image :)
You can set this by accessing your settings, via your avatar at the bottom right of any forum page. Hovering over this will enable you to access all your account settings. You'll find the signature setting second in the left hand column. As far as I am aware it is currently only possible to upload image files from a URL though, so it's not possible to use an image which is stored on your own device

DeletedUser9168

re "New Posts" button

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 18.16.33.png this is what i believe Sovereign is referring to above

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 18.18.49.png previous forum layout taken from the US forum which is still displayed in previous format

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 18.19.18.png
I hope this clarifies what we are searching for, Sovereign

Vesiger

Monarch
Did some digging, here it is!

2575946bc72e421d89849d2818937dcd.png
Thanks!

That at least does what I was looking for, i.e. list all posts that are new since I last saw the forum, and provide a link to jump directly to the last unread post.
Although I still have to scroll past a screen's-worth of banner header to find the content - I don't remember that happening with the old layout.

Amy Steele

General
Thanks!

That at least does what I was looking for, i.e. list all posts that are new since I last saw the forum, and provide a link to jump directly to the last unread post.

You can find what used many moons ago to be called the 'activity stream' under 'Recent Activity' in that same bottom left menu. It provides a list of all recent posts on the forum, regardless of whether they are new since you last looked, so it provides slightly different information from the 'Recent Posts' feature, although there is some overlap.

DeletedUser9168

You can find what used many moons ago to be called the 'activity stream' under 'Recent Activity' in that same bottom left menu.
Thanks Amy - we lost that one in the previous forum redesign.

Although I still have to scroll past a screen's-worth of banner header to find the content - I don't remember that happening with the old layout.
I think this is just an illusion (certainly on the computer layout) - both old and new only show you a bit of one post - the header is laid out differently but doesn't actually occupy more screen space as seen in the attached screenshots (both are full-screen images, just minus my header of toolbars, tabs and bookmarks)

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 21.09.47.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 21.10.22.png

Vesiger

Monarch
Can you screenshot for me?
Sorry, this device doesn't seem to do screenshots :-(
At least, I've never got it working...
If I scroll up to the top of the page, the bottom line of the screen reads 'first unread' (on the left), if that helps. I.e. I have to scroll before I see any actual page content at all.

If I turn the screen to vertical format (FoE only supports horizontal format, so this means a rotate and shake) then I can see all the way down to 'Forums' - still no page content in the first screen, and the text of posts inside a forum is now squeezed into a narrow column of about half the screen, with a wide blank section on the left under the user icon.

I can only assume the old forums used a smaller font size, since I don't remember this sort of problem before. There doesn't seem to be a setting to configure that, though...

If I turn the screen to vertical format (FoE only supports horizontal format, so this means a rotate and shake) then I can see all the way down to 'Forums'
Oops - not sure what I was looking at there; the grey 'Forums' box is always at the bottom of the screen!
On the current thread, I can see down to 'unwatch thread' in horizontal format and 'Newcastle UK' in vertical format.
(And much less with the on-screen keyboard up, of course.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

Vesiger - are you using phone or tablet ? (i presume you are not shaking a desktop computer, lol)