• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler New Feature on Beta: Auction House

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Check it out here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/antiques-dealer.10493/

Basically this is a port of Elvenar's 'Crafting' from the Magic Academy. :)

Take your old, unwanted items, break them down into a special 'auction exclusive' currency, then use said currency to buy things you want from among a pool of random offers.
(note: not everything is possible fodder - things like fp packs & fragments cannot be broken down)

Each set of offers will reset and be replaced by a new series of random offers every 'X' hours. (8hrs in Elvenar's version)
Now, depending on the size of the overall pool of possible offers, it can get somewhat frustrating waiting for the items you want to appear, hence why you basically need to check back each day as the offers reset...
In Elvenar's version for example, the overall pool of possible items to craft is around 100 items! :O

There will also be a live auction function too, where you can use the new Trade Coins currency to bid against other players from your server for what are said to be really rare & valuable items!

But finally! A use for all those pages of junk that's been collecting dust for 2-5+ years!:D

DeletedUser111428

...you mean the Antique Dealer? Yup this is great news for long time Foe Players! :)

This Antique Dealer feature is a welcome addition to FoE...and being able to sell to Antique Dealer items obtained during Guild of Expedition is simply awesome...trading those Face of the Ancient and Gate of the Sun God Decorations, Victory Towers, etc. will definitely help players to remove unwanted items from their Inventory...BUT...ALSO...this new feature will also stimulate players to play Guild Expeditions more often and/or to try to complete more Encounters, if they have in their cities a Temple of Relics GB...why? Because you can get awesome items from Guild Expeditions (Sacred Sky Watch, One-Up Kits, Terrace Farms, Premium Buildings) as Rewards from Encounters but, through the use of the Temple of Relics GB, you can get similar items from Relics...and the more you level up your Temple of Relics GB, the higher are the chances that you will end up collecting MORE Relics from each and every weekly Guild Expedition! and, from Level 33 to 52, it is quite cheap to level a Temple of Relics if you get contributions from players at 1.9 Arc Bonus for Ranks 1 to 5 :)

So imagine how many Terrace Farms, Sacred Sky Watch and other items obtained from Guild Expeditions you could technically sell to the Antique Dealer and, in return, get TONS of Golden Coins & Gemstones to buy cool items! :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm curious if any beta players could maybe help us begin to compile a list of what buildings generally give what when breaking down?
And perhaps some ideas of what is coming up in the rotating crafting section? ;)

DeletedUser111428

I'm curious if any beta players could maybe help us begin to compile a list of what buildings generally give what when breaking down?
And perhaps some ideas of what is coming up in the rotating crafting section? ;)
Hi; started creating a list of the items being offered for sale (on rotation every 12 H) and, so far, did not have success to find anyone willing to spend even a minute to share info with me...I guess that, for some players, it is too much to ask for ;)

Agent327

Overlord

Think about what you ask. Every building has 3 options for the breakdown timer with 3 different returns. That list would be huge. Better hope for the Wiki to come up with it.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Think about what you ask. Every building has 3 options for the breakdown timer with 3 different returns. That list would be huge. Better hope for the Wiki to come up with it.
Doesn't have to be remotely complete or anything, but a rough'ish idea is all...

ie: the 'typical GE garbage' of ritual flames/GotSG/FotA/VT's give on average under 'X'.
If/can 'regular' buildings like culture or production buildings be broken down? They give under 'Y'.

And on the buying end, what's the 'typical junk' vs. the odd rare item?
(ie: X-Y fp's/goods vs. did say a Lv1 event building or a selection kit pop up?)

Just basic ballpark ideas, which would help out live players plan their tactics around this new feature. :)
For example, if say VT's/RF's give just a pittance overall, they'd be a great source for rushing to unlock more slots in the auction house for breaking down items... if the difference between 2hrs vs. 24hrs is only a 100 or so trade coins, then it'd be a much more efficient use of VT's for example to just go with 2hrs break downs to you can unlock the 2nd slot within a day or so.

Agent327

Overlord
Like with everything new, the majority will start to rush, so if you want to keep up with it you have no choice. Only thing of influence will be how big your stock is.

DeletedUser111428

Doesn't have to be remotely complete or anything, but a rough'ish idea is all...

ie: the 'typical GE garbage' of ritual flames/GotSG/FotA/VT's give on average under 'X'.
If/can 'regular' buildings like culture or production buildings be broken down? They give under 'Y'.

And on the buying end, what's the 'typical junk' vs. the odd rare item?
(ie: X-Y fp's/goods vs. did say a Lv1 event building or a selection kit pop up?)

Just basic ballpark ideas, which would help out live players plan their tactics around this new feature. :)
For example, if say VT's/RF's give just a pittance overall, they'd be a great source for rushing to unlock more slots in the auction house for breaking down items... if the difference between 2hrs vs. 24hrs is only a 100 or so trade coins, then it'd be a much more efficient use of VT's for example to just go with 2hrs break downs to you can unlock the 2nd slot within a day or so.
Right now I am ONLY interested of compiling the price of items being "sold" by the Antique Dealer, so that if I decide to sell the exact same item with a 24 H time stamp, I wanna see if I will get the same amount of Golden Coins or, like a pawn shop works, if I will be offered less than the value it will be sold :)

Emberguard

Legend
@jesuismoti

Buying:
01E2D1A6-9AE1-467A-AE3A-43B72238B053.jpeg

Selling:
56A0E2D3-E861-498C-8C18-B3D273E38E0C.jpeg

So 2.67 : 1 rate for Wishing wells (coins) and 5.5 : 1 (gems)

DeletedUser111428

So this confirms what I was suspecting: this Antique Dealer will act as a "Pawn Shop" lol

The cost to buy an item from this Dealer will be higher than the amount of Trade Coins/Gemstones that you can get by selling the exact same item :)

Emberguard

Legend
Depends on the item. Some of them still give gemstones for the shortest time slot, others don’t

When it reaches live I’m not going to be bothered by efficiency per item but rather efficiency for the time I can fit in for it. As long as there’s more events and GE rewards there’ll be more items to break down. I highly doubt I’ll run out of stuff to break down. Especially if I were to stick to 24 hrs.

DeletedUser116822

as it is not released at the same time as the new settlement it is not finished and not part of the update 1.156

so you can expect it in two weeks after that update 1.157
so it could be available on July 24th
thanks

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It'll be released whenever Inno decides to finally release it.

Until then, look at it not as "torturous waiting", but rather as "cool - even more time to collect tons of fooder for trading to the dealer!" ;)