• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler New Feature on Beta: Auction House

Emberguard

Legend
@Mad Max McGill no one can give an absolute for the release until it's officially announced. The best we've got is guesses as players based on what we see. Until it's announced it's always a possibility the feature could be delayed or pulled completely. I fully expect it to come to the live servers but there have been times features were tested on Beta and then never made it to the live servers.

DeletedUser116822

@Mad Max McGill no one can give an absolute for the release until it's officially announced. The best we've got is guesses as players based on what we see. Until it's announced it's always a possibility the feature could be delayed or pulled completely. I fully expect it to come to the live servers but there have been times features were tested on Beta and then never made it to the live servers.
thanks for the info.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
if they do implement it it will be a usefull feature but like Emberguard said :

some features tested on beta don't make it to live servers
Inno wouldn't dare to deny us this one though...
The never released 'ad house' was a total and complete clusterfeth. It was a great idea to just bin that whole pile of gak.
This however, would cause mass revolts & rioting if Inno decides to just shelve it. ;)

Just as a little 'prediction' though, beta received the Antiques Dealer 1 week after the release of the Japanese settlement, so that does give us some rough time frame to make some educated guess off of.

DeletedUser96901

Just as a little 'prediction' though, beta received the Antiques Dealer 1 week after the release of the Japanese settlement, so that does give us some rough time frame to make some educated guess off of.
beta receives an update every day
live servers only every 2 weeks

:rolleyes:

so on live it is this weeks update or in the update in 2 weeks
but there is no update next week where it could be part of

but it could really be part of this weeks update and they could simply think
one new feature per week is enough, let us release it next week

or they could release it also on Wednesday and only delay the announcement for it

but as already said:
we know it when it is announced

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm well aware that beta gets daily updates...
But it's still a rough timeline, since generally, we get new stuff around the same rate, with sometimes a week or so difference.

Anyways, the wiki page is up; https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Antiques_Dealer
Of interest:
- Ritual Flames + GotSG + FotA will potentially give a gemstone! (maybe a second if set to longer breakdowns?!)
- FoY is a good source for gemstones

DeletedUser112892

I'm pretty convinced that Antiques Dealer will make it out to live servers. It is just a bit delayed due to Feudal Japan settlement arriving

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
...I have 120+ Store Building kits alone in my main city that need breaking down. ;)
And then the insane pile of VT's, Ritual Lames, Faces/Gates, WW's, FoY's... plus the 'regular' residences/supply workshops to boot.

It's gonna take a while!

DeletedUser116822

Will items for sale be available all the time, or can you just buy certain items on certain days.

DeletedUser108359

I'm curious if any beta players could maybe help us begin to compile a list of what buildings generally give what when breaking down?
And perhaps some ideas of what is coming up in the rotating crafting section? ;)

The stuff from your inventory doesn't get "broken down" , You sell it at the Dealer for Trade coins and sometimes gems as well.
When you sell them you can choose a timer, 2, 8 or 24 hours. The longer you run the timer, the more coins you get. You can also boost what you get by using diamonds.
At 1st you get 1 sell slot, then after you sell a certain amount of items it opens a 2nd and so on until you have all 5 slots open.
When you have more than 1 item for sale, you have to sell them all at the same timer, you cannot set different times for different slots.
You then use these coins and gems to buy other stuff.
The goods for sale and on auction range from almost everything in the game.
Black Tower, The ship and upgrades, Cherry set upgrades, Tholos base building and upgrades, Pillar of heroes base and upgrades, etc etc
I haven't as yet seen any of the recent event buildings like World's Fair etc, one assumes they might be available at a later stage.
The Auction part of the Dealer will also have a lot of different items on auction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Does an item become more valuable when they get older, so you can either sell it now, or you can keep it for future potential upvalue

Does an item become more valuable when they get older, so you can either sell it now, or you can keep it for future potential upvalue
From what I've read each item has set values depending on the time chosen. The coins/gems given is more for the rarity of the item.

You get more for an event building upgrade than you would for a standard building for example

DeletedUser96901

it is always possible that there will be a rebalance in the future which changes the prize of things

and maybe older things become cheaper

DeletedUser116822

So if I wanted a SoK, would it always be available for purchase, or would I need to wait until it is a daily option