• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: New Chrome version forces game to restart new base!!

DeletedUser113785

Help! the game won't go into my current base as if I'm making a refresh start! How to fix this?

Emberguard

Legend
Which version are you trying to enter? If you're not in the server you signed up in that could be why

New Canvas.jpeg

DeletedUser98451

Not sure if this is related but after logging in and clicking play i'm getting a screen welcoming me to FOE which asks me to allow flash, it looks like a screen that a new player would get. After allowing flash the selected city loads as usual, every city hop brings up the same screen and flash allow. Its no big deal but does mean 2 extra clicks on almost every city visit and i imagine increased demand on the server. This is also happening on beta.

Emberguard

Legend
@rontom any new browser or computer logging into a city that hasn't been logged in from that device will ask to allow flash. Or at least that's been my experience. In which case a cache/cookie/etc clear may also have the same effect

Not sure what the settings in your browser are, but if this happens everytime you use the same browser on the same computer try looking through browser settings to see if there's something related to flash (also not sure which browser you're using - but I do recall having to do something in Chrome in relation to Flash back when I used to use Chrome)

DeletedUser98451

Nothing has changed on my end, same computer for 2 years, same chrome version as yesterday when everything was fine. All my cities are at least 3 years old. Cache, cookies/history are cleaned every time i log out

Chrome version 69.0.3497.100 and Win 10

Emberguard

Legend
Ok, based on that sounds like something must have changed.

Just checked to see if there's any known problems on this and found an answer

@rontom since the newest update to Chrome it no longer allows you to save exceptions. This means you will be asked to enable flash every time you log in with Chrome unless you switch to html 5

DeletedUser113785

I have found this image a bit worrying since it reminds one of the time you're about to create a fresh base, yet I hardened my resolved and tried it out. And later on, able to access into the game with my existing base, none have changed.
Only once you click "Build you base.", you must allow the flash from the pop-up. then the game is on.
I already checked it, the game not require to do so every time you log-on the game.
upload_2018-9-20_18-38-44.png

P.S. This old man really spook me as if I'm restarting my base from ground zero.
P.S.#2 I kinda don't like the new chrome. >.<

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-20_18-35-11.png
    upload_2018-9-20_18-35-11.png
    620.9 KB · Views: 228

DeletedUser112745

This is not a bug.

If you are seeing a screen with a button that says “build your city”, please press this button.
The screen is asking you to enable Flash Player. When you press the button, a dialogue will open asking if you'd like to enable Flash Player, choose “Allow”. Then your city will load from where you last left it.

The Google Chrome browser from version 69.0 will now no longer save your Flash Player preferences for websites that you visit. Meaning you will often have to manually enable Flash Player on some sites. This change was made by Google, not InnoGames.

If you do not wish to regularly enable Flash Player when you play the game, there are two options:
  • Go into your account settings and turn on HTML5 mode.
  • Use an alternative browser, such as Firefox.

rjs66

Lieutenant
put this in the address bar of chrome and press send - it will set the flash enabled permanently for sites in the browser instead of re-setting each time you re-load chrome.

first time in and it will still request that you enable flash (just the once though, for each site)

chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

set it to disabled and save the settings