• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New blurry backgrounds

DeletedUser50023

As of the latest patch on Android (installed this morning for me), whenever I open a window, the screen outside of the window goes very blurry. I get this is probably an artistic choice.

Currently for me, this lags a lot and as it transitions once the window is open, I find it makes it hard to focus on the window while the background transitions.

Is anyone else finding similar issues?

DeletedUser50023

Yes, everyone. There have been lots of complaints about it on the update thread.
Apologies, I missed the update thread discussion section when I looked. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

No. No need to use the search function. You are absolutely the only one experiencing this.
I did, and 'blurry backgrounds' yielded nothing. Granted, I should perhaps have delved deeper before posting here. Your attitude on this forum is appalling both on this thread and everywhere else that I have seen you post. I recommend looking up Microsoft's 'Digital Civility' course which could help you here; Your manner and tone are deeply unpleasant.

Agent327

Overlord
I did, and 'blurry backgrounds' yielded nothing. Granted, I should perhaps have delved deeper before posting here. Your attitude on this forum is appalling both on this thread and everywhere else that I have seen you post. I recommend looking up Microsoft's 'Digital Civility' course which could help you here; Your manner and tone are deeply unpleasant.

I find it appaling that players always seem to think their problem is unique and they just have to share it in a new and very important thread. I recommend you to look up how you do an effective search. As for Microsoft's 'Digital Civility', what makes you think I care?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I find it appaling that players always seem to think their problem is unique and they just have to share it in a new and very important thread. I recommend you to look up how you do an effective search. As for Microsoft's 'Digital Civility', what makes you think I care?
I find more appealing how someone like you can be so rude. In this forum as it is poorly executed that doing a proper search is virtually impossible . And yes, maybe you could look up and learn a thing or two about how mot to antagonize people . We are all human and we all make mistakes and that doesn't give you rights you take your self!!! On the part of the topic : remove BLUR!!!

DeletedUser111359

I find more appealing how someone like you can be so rude. In this forum as it is poorly executed that doing a proper search is virtually impossible . And yes, maybe you could look up and learn a thing or two about how mot to antagonize people . We are all human and we all make mistakes and that doesn't give you rights you take your self!!! On the part of the topic : remove BLUR!!!

But this isn't even the right forum for a complaint that's a direct result of an update, and the OP made it clear that this was specific to the update. There are update forums specifically for that purpose. Put the request in the right place, and maybe you won't get criticized for it.

Agent327

Overlord

What makes you tyhink I care what you think? Forum isn't poorly executed at all. Your and his knowledge on how to search is poor. You don't make mistakes. You two are the ones not willing to learn. Searching for "blurry backgrounds" is a joke. How do you expect a hit on that? Search for "blur" and what do you know. You get results!

DeletedUser50023

Yes, my query as to if other people had the same issue does suggest I thought it was only me. And yes, an update effecting different people in different ways is inconceivable given the diverse range of devices used to play FoE.

I confused as to your aims. If you are trying to educate people or improve the forum, your unpleasant manner is counter-productive to that. If you are trying to appear smart, then your spelling lets you down. If you are trying to be rude and disrespectful, then congratulations. However, I'd like to you think you are aiming to achieve something worthwhile.

And do educate us on how you searched and found the topic. It would be good to learn how to make better use of this forum.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes, my query as to if other people had the same issue does suggest I thought it was only me. And yes, an update effecting different people in different ways is inconceivable given the diverse range of devices used to play FoE

Could it be that is why in every announcement there is aa link to a feedback thread?

I confused as to your aims. If you are trying to educate people or improve the forum, your unpleasant manner is counter-productive to that.

The forum tries to educate people with rules and must read posts. I just get annoyed.

If you are trying to appear smart, then your spelling lets you down.

You give me way to much credit. It is my typing.

If you are trying to be rude and disrespectful, then congratulations.

Thank you.

And do educate us on how you searched and found the topic. It would be good to learn how to make better use of this forum.

And here we hit the problem straight on. I did so in my previous post in this thread, but ofcourse you missed it. Need I say more?

DeletedUser99588

Could it be that is why in every announcement there is aa link to a feedback thread?

Sometimes they forget and need a little reminder to put link in but it is always a good start to check the announcement threads when such an obvious change to the game has occurred and provide relevant feedback on the associated feedback thread.

The forum tries to educate people with rules and must read posts. I just get annoyed.

All that anger isn't good for you or blood pressure. While others learn to use the forum as proficiently as you reciprocate by learning to chill out a little and be a tad more tolerant of others.

You give me way to much credit. It is my typing.

I'm not sure many would give you too much credit but I can relate to the typing.

And here we hit the problem straight on. I did so in my previous post in this thread, but ofcourse you missed it. Need I say more?

It is frustrating when such good advice and so eloquently given goes by the wayside.

I may get this post removed also, for off topic- though I am not sure there is a real topic in this discussion.

I find Agent refreshing. He may be acerbic and terse- but he is very rarely wrong.

It can be difficult. I know when I read Agent's post I hear a certain tone in my head. If you pay attention, instead of "getting your back up", you might learn something. Besides, I adore sarcasm and wit.

DeletedUser101887

As of the latest patch on Android (installed this morning for me), whenever I open a window, the screen outside of the window goes very blurry. I get this is probably an artistic choice.

Currently for me, this lags a lot and as it transitions once the window is open, I find it makes it hard to focus on the window while the background transitions.

Apart from being anoying and also it hurts my eyes, also the issue of this may cause players to have an epilectic fit needs to be considered. I play most of the time on my tablet and this will now reduce the time I will play.

DeletedUser110488

I have not seen any blurry backgrounds... However, I am concerned about epileptic folks who might end up having a fit because of too many flashlights on one's screen.

DeletedUser111879

Came here to complain about the same thing, I just want an option to turn it off, so if people like it they can keep it. But I don't like it. At all. It is especially annoying when trying to do a R'lyeh quest, and you can't see if the quest border turns green or not as you are dumping FPs into a GB. Yeah, you can just count, but still. I also just don't like the effect in general. since some people don't seem to know what this is, here's what it looks like. Bizarrely, it gets more and more blurry the more layers of windows are open, first image is the first layer, message center, and third one is the last, when i get tot he person's GB. As you can see the quest icons are not really visible at all by that point.

https://imgur.com/a/xiRaQad