• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Nerf Tanks

DeletedUser

Here's an idea, bring back some balance to the military units. I think I'm 1 GB level away (my St. Basil's is lvl 9) from having max possible defense. So, with my pillar of flame units my defending units have +202 defense rating. No matter what units I put in defense (all tanks, all scoped rifles, doesn't matter, I've tried everything) people just attack with 5 tanks and the tanks steamroll everything and take almost no damage. This is by far the worst imbalance in units since the game started.

DeletedUser13805

you must mean people who have a large boost with there tanks that must be able to beat you as anyone with just tanks wouldnt beat you at all with your defence boost ?

DeletedUser

No, don't nerf the tanks. If they nerf the tanks, they won't be tanks anymore. To be honest, I actually think that the tanks are too weak already, I mean; swords, axes and arrows may damage it!?! Is that a tank? Nerfing it will just make it even less "tanky".

I think that you're looking at the problem from the wrong direction. I think that these are the 2 main problems:

1. The defender has no boosted attack. So even if you have 300% defensive bonus, you'll still have an unchanged attack value, and then it becomes very hard to even damage a 150% boosted attacker. Artillery is totally worthless to have in your defense, and tanks are only weak against artillery.

2. The artillery is way to weak. I mean seriusly? We hit a spear with a cannon ball and he's still alive? We hit an ordinary infantry with an explosive artillery round from a RFC and he still stands? What??? :confused: Artillery should hit within a circle with the diameter of 3 squares. If the artillery miss its target, no damage is done at all. If the artillery hit its target, the unit is destroyed. (with some exceptions, a stone trower or balista shouldn't destroy a tank for instance).

I'll let the image below illustrate what I mean:

Artillery.jpg
Note: The artillery will hit somewhere in the aiming area. This means that it will be a larger chance to hit when multiple enemies are in the aiming area. Also, if your own units are within the aiming area, they may get hit and killed aswell. This would finally simulate real artillery.

So, +1 for the 2 points I wrote about above, -1 for nerfing the tanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

Well 202 defense bonus is really not too much if facing units with max offense boosts. Starting at around 500+ def bonus it will start to actually matter a bit, below that it is just a minor annoyance to attackers. Reason many of them use tanks, is mostly just troop conservation due to high defense tanks got. Battle will take longer, but if u autocombat it won't matter and u often get tad less losses as opposed to using some other units with less defense. But that issue in general has more to do with wrongs in military GB dynamics, not units.

DeletedUser7719

Another solution is to give tanks 30 defense plus 60 defense against specific kinds of attacks (well, mainly anything but cannon fire)

DeletedUser

How could you get 500% defense bonus? Fully level'd St. Basil is 100%, Fully leveled Deal Castle is another 100%. The only other defensive boost is watchfire towers, and at 4% each, you would need 75 of them to make up the missing 300% to meet your magical number for valid defense, lol.

The simple logic seems to me should go like this: The developers clearly made the offensive boost capabilities of GB to be exactly half that of the defensive boost capabilities. For example, any fully leveled offense building gives only 50% attack boost, while its counterpart defensive GB yields 100%. That said, all things being equal, if someone invest their resources, FP's, etc into building full defensive capabilities (I think the most I've seen is still under 300%), then even with 100% offensive boost (fully level'd zeus and castel del monte), then the prevailing logic seems that 300% boost trumps 100% boost. Yet I crushed the 300% guy earlier with my only 100% bonus, just by blitzing him with tanks and I didn't even lose a single unit. Somewhere the math is not adding up correctly.

DeletedUser3157

It's not so simple esob. Battle damage dynamics are dependant on attack/defense ratios. So it's a bit math related issue to understand why it works how it does. Bottom line, defensive GBs bonus in terms of damage recivied grows pretty linear with every next bonus. While offensive bonuses damage effect increase is square with every next level. For example 5% offensive bonus matches 10.25% defensive bonus, 50%(1.5 modifer) matches 125% defense bonus(1.5*1.5=2.25), 100% off bonus(2x) is equal to 300% defense bonus(2*2=4) and 150% matches 525%(2.5*2.5=6.25).

For example, think of a 1/1 attack/defense unit with 100% offensive boost, becoming 2/2 unit with those bonuses. If he would be attacking the same 1/1 base unit with 300% defense bonus what has now became 1/4 stats, it would be actually even damages dealt on both sides(2 attack vs 4 defense and 1 attack vs 2 defense)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2973

the problem is that the rapid fire cannons need too be boosted to give way more damage too heavy units and also they need to attack heavy and fast units as there first targets as they always attack snipers first if they are in the army dealing almost no damage

DeletedUser

Well, regardless how the math works out, something about the dynamics related to tanks need to be changed. Either they need to be made more vulnerable to certain units or they need to be nerfed in general. Like I said, when there is no possible defensive option, even with the max possible GB and other item bonuses, then the dynamic is broken.

Otherwise, what happens is exactly what is happening now, people simply stop putting defensive units in at all, and collect their stuff on a 24 hr basis so that it doesn't get plundered (and, some less scrupulous players use bots to ensure their stuff is never plunderable). So yeah, gg devs, you have broken the battle system with one unbeatable unit. BTW, I have some super buffed defensive people in my neighborhood and have never to date even come close to losing a tank in battle, lol. So yeah...OP