• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighbours

DeletedUser14436

Just started a new city in this area, looked at my neighbours all 60 of them and all new starters, not one above 800pts, how rubbish is that - no trade on at all, would it not be better if the neighbourhood was a bit more diverse? :(
Trouble is I set up a guild and don't want to desert.

DeletedUser7719

When you start a new city, it gets put into a neighborhood of other players that just started. Most of them usually go inactive soon and you'll hit a merge in at least a week.

DeletedUser99882

That merge theory is completely false, I'm on my third week and only now I've been moved to another neighbourhood.
Problem is if my previous one wasn't that great for trading this one is just impossible, and from those two scenarios i much prefer my old neighbourhood, which I actually got used to even tho it only consisted of 13 players.
I would consider the ideal situation a neighbourhood of 36 with me already included, 5 way ahead in research 10 about the same level and the rest more or less the same and below.
I contacted support a couple of hours ago, and got no reply, and I know of cases who got transfered to their desired neighbourhood to this kind of ideal I just described, so I would much appreciate i would get transfered to the desired format aswell, thank you.

DeletedUser11930

count your blessing mate i got plundered on xmas day by a player he is just a bully and has been for months even soldiers get xmas day off but not sure why he doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99720

You should try mine. I have 3500 points. All my neighbours are Progressive era with 200,000 to 5,000,000 points. There are some decent polishers but a couple of folk attack my archers with tanks and then plunder.

DeletedUser99520

Neighbors who needs them?
This game is totally unbalanced and out of reality I did say this in the beginning in another post about bullying. I have 103,774 points and ranked #76 the top player in the hood has 892,378 .
I just get attacked day in day out and I am easy pickings for all in the hood as for polishing and motivating that only happens if its needed for a quest so not very often. I have taken a screen shot of yesterday and todays attacks and posted below. I can only see 2 choices here - 1. Give up and delete my account - 2. Spend £200 on Diamonds ........ My knight is fed-up being attacked by a WWII Tank with a sniper assisting lol .......
Forge of Empires attack file.jpg

DeletedUser

Why would you delete your account ? Most don't appear to be plundering you so their attacks cost you nothing. If you time your collections you should be able to deal with the few that are plundering. ( If the screenshot you have provided is a typical day!)

DeletedUser7719

Plus, straw huts are nothing compared to your gambrels ;)

DeletedUser

Agreed, maybe they were looking for blueprints? And points for pvp, Kim.

DeletedUser99520

LOL .... Yeah wizard,byeordie and Kimba, Maybe they are all looking for Santa? :p .. Please see my next screen shot of the next wave of attacks and plunders , they are such a friendly bunch of neighbours (not) .....They just plunder what is available at that time of attack - if they don't want just a straw hut they return many times to see whats cooking - I have even known some of them to time my King and Queen and get there seconds before me as there is no way of changing from the 24 hour collection times .......

By Adamantium 'That merge theory is completely false'

New Forge of empires attacks.jpg

Can you see any point in playing a game like this? I can't - I think it needs a complete overhaul and rethink to get the balance right and make it playable for all levels .... Whether you agree with what I have said or not its FACT!

DeletedUser13805

this is how the game is for the lower level players everyone burys there heads in the sand when this topic comes up on here and they pretend it doesnt happen or at best they advise you to collect on tme etc
the realaity is players get plundered by so many in a day it makes them give up so i do understand how you feel and sadly you will not get anywhere with any sort of complaints about how the system is.
makes my blood boil as it kills the interest for the weaker players and the players in the hood who all mass plunder you are not even aware of it as they think there is only them 1 player plundering but when its multiplyied by 10 or more then its just no fun at all, lucky for me i am able to defend myself and dish it out back to anyone who would plunder me so players leave me well alone funny how that works isnt it when your strong enough to hit them back they dont bother you. but its no help to you i know but all i could say is try to hang on in there maybe you will get a move to a hood you can fit into.

DeletedUser9168

Hi Kris Tooley, welcome to the forums.
Your link only takes me to the log-in page for the game.
You should automatically have neighbours when you start up in the game. my guess is that you are actually asking for people to become 'friends'. you can send out friend invites ingame, using the right-most button at the base of your city screen - invite a friend, friends list tab, insert their name. another method is to ask people who are in your global chat, top right of screen.

DeletedUser99520

I did say IF your screen shot was a typical day, had a feeling it wasn't though.

Yeah I made it all up just like yesterdays - I am a dab hand with photo-shop - Why would I post something not true or not up-to date? :confused:

DeletedUser

You seem to be missing my point Tudor, I was sympathising with your situation. I wasn't suggesting you were making anything up in fact I suspected your situation was worse than what you showed in your 1st screenshot and you proved me right in your 2nd screenshot. So you showed screenie 1 was not a 'typical day' which is what I was referring too in post #14. omg Sheeesh!

I know where you are coming from on this, check this discussion I had quite a while ago where I posted my own screenshots in exactly the same situation you are in.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...asive-kingdoms&p=102633&viewfull=1#post102633

DeletedUser99520

OMG! Sheeeesh! ? .... LOL and I'm missing your point too :rolleyes: .....

Yes I can see you were attacked as much as me in your post but I don't see any plundering? or did that come later? as some of my attackers wait and return many times to see if they can better the take if not they will just take the odd Straw Hut while I'm out down the pub or unable to get to my PC at work.
Either way I still think the game needs to be better balanced at all levels and the hood merges all from the same ages, don't you?

Sheeesh! LOL ;)

DeletedUser7719

lol, looks like I spoke too soon. Before I comment further let me just state that I know that the new neighborhood merge should be working by now and it still isn't. @Tudor: it may not sound like it, but I feel sorry that you have to be in this situation and I know this is not fair for a player like you.

Now that I have gotten that out, I noticed that your gambrels and king is not collected at the same time (or there is that much of a gap between yesterday's and today's collections?). It would be best to put all your 1-day collections together, so neighbors won't get a chance at plundering this twice in a row (especially if you're collecting on time). Another problem I see is that you have a king that is plundered. I have 7 kings currently in my city, and all of them are motivated everyday, preventing neighbors from plundering them; try to find a more active guild and friending more people that will give your city more support so you won't have to worry about losing as much (actually you may even be gaining if they motivate more buildings than ones that are plundered ;)).

DeletedUser99520

I think a point protection system or even better an age protection system put in place and this would be easily implemented, I don't think they would do it because this would stop the strong Diamond buyer attacking us weakies and as I have said before they would lose revenue from the game if the Diamond buyers felt restricted, and thats why the heads are all buried in the sand on this one.
They need us targets we are valuable to them and my sceenshots prove it. :cool:

DeletedUser99520

@byeordie ..... Thanks for the advice :) I know the theory and Ive tried them all (well most) :p

Happy New Year to all btw x