• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighbourhood reshuffle system seems very flawed.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
When I started playing it was great, was in a neighbourhood of 80+ people and we were all levelling side by side with each other, and some were even pvp'ing which was causing me to play it smart with my defences and attack them back, with a real competition to get our score and research up, some of us had reached the 10k mark.

Then, the recent Reshuffle happened a few days ago, and now my Neighbourhood has dropped down to 50 people, most of who I didn't have in my group before, and also, it placed a guy with 30k score at the number one slot, who is in the HMA, with me only in EMA and the rest of the entire group in bronze or iron age.

I lost my pvp partners, cause now no one is attacking, and if the HMA guy decided to attack, he'd have literately no defence in the entire neighbour hood to worry about.

Explain to me the reason reshuffling like this happens? The game just lost all reason and point for many people to continue playing, let alone spending money.

the Reshuffling seems to just ruin the game, was having so much fun competing with others for score, for some guy very far ahead of us all to just be put there, and my other guys I was playing with completely removed.

DeletedUser12400

Welcome to the forum!
It's known issue for couple of years and doesn't seems to be fixed.

DeletedUser107476

According to Mods you are in right hood as a two era difference is fair in inno's way of thinking.
Reality is different but what do we know as we are just players.

DeletedUser

on my main world, my Future city got placed in a LMA-Industrial age neighborhood, lol

DeletedUser6065

The all time classic. Note the date of the post. This was the Feedback Thread for the fix (updating us to the current merge system) 2 1/2 years ago.
I play mainly on F but just logged into my A account to see how the merge went. I am in a neighborhood of one LOL. I guess on the plus side I'm number one in my neighborhood :)

kickflip720, Jul 27, 2013 Report

. . . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Welcome to the forum!
It's known issue for couple of years and doesn't seems to be fixed.

Thanks! and Hi! xD

The only reason I posted really was because suddenly my pvp and actual fight for medals from the towers suddenly became boring after the merge, Game was awesome and a lot of fun before the reshuffle nuked my 80 hood to 40 people and that guy ages ahead of everyone, lol.

on my main world, my Future city got placed in a LMA-Industrial age neighborhood, lol
According to Mods you are in right hood as a two era difference is fair in inno's way of thinking.
Reality is different but what do we know as we are just players.

Oh, I see, so basically, since this merge system was implemented, it's never been done well? :/ Seems weird that a dev team would do such a thing, and let it exist for as long as it has without ever fixing it. Seems to be the main issue among players. So, every 2 weeks I'm gonna have to hope I don't get put with players who will farm me and take all the medals, or into small hoods where I have no one to aid, great :/

2 and a half years ago....... ;-;

Edit: And Thanks for the info! :) This kind of stuff they really should tell you in game "warning, reshuffle about to happen, you may or may not want to disappear for 2weeks"

Last edited:

DeletedUser6065

' . . . So, every 2 weeks I'm gonna have to hope I don't get put with players who will farm me and take all the medals, or into small hoods where I have no one to aid, great . . . '
Nope. You can, in fact, be stuck in your neighborhood for months and months.
And months.
And still more months.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser

It took me 18 months to get out of one neighborhood, and I was only removed from it because I stopped logging in for 4 months.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
It took me 18 months to get out of one neighborhood, and I was only removed from it because I stopped logging in for 4 months.

I wouldn't really have minded to stay in my old neighbourhood though, it was because I was put in a new one that is what annoyed me now, I mean, if the new one was balanced with people with score around my score, as well as still kept the 80 people, it woulda been awesome and ok.

If this system worked anyway :/

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Im in FE on BETA....and we often have 3-5 players from IA-BA-Ind age in our hood. they do get removed after a few days but can just imagine what they go through when 10 mil+ point players hit them everyday.
thankfully we have mods like zarok on there who can look up the matter and chage your hood if the shuffle is too unfair...

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Im in FE on BETA....and we often have 3-5 players from IA-BA-Ind age in our hood. they do get removed after a few days but can just imagine what they go through when 10 mil+ point players hit them everyday.
thankfully we have mods like zarok on there who can look up the matter and chage your hood if the shuffle is too unfair...

They probs disappear from the hood because they quit the game and go inactive and get booted from the hood XD

DeletedUser2989

Oh, I see, so basically, since this merge system was implemented, it's never been done well? :/ Seems weird that a dev team would do such a thing, and let it exist for as long as it has without ever fixing it. Seems to be the main issue among players. So, every 2 weeks I'm gonna have to hope I don't get put with players who will farm me and take all the medals, or into small hoods where I have no one to aid, great :/

It was actually worse before as hoods would shrink but not get merged, it's still flawed but that's not unexpected from a computerized method. The program as it's set up doesn't handle people going active and inactive very well and when it's going through entire worlds and only merging a few hoods at a time (not reshuffling all of them each time) it is often left over with players that don't go together (or shouldn't go together). Trying to get a program to combat such problems is a bit tricky as there are several elements that can be manipulated to produce different results (not always easily predictable). The only time people step in and move other players is when tickets are raised with support to report that someone has ended up in the wrong hood (as Tanmay11 mentioned), but even that has it's limits.

In general a "correct/ideal" hood is described as follows:
Comprised of no more than 3 consecutive ages and no less than 2 (diversity intended for trade). Each player should be part of a "chunk" of players with all similar tech progress (I believe this would be based on number of FP's spent on the tech tree would be +/- "x" amount, not 100% sure as I've never seen the program), they won't necessarily be next to each other score wise and "chunks" won't have defined sizes (some chunks will have 10 people others just 1, depends on what players the program has available at the time). Neighborhoods will be constructed of however many chunks needed to get to approximately 80 players (again dependent on the number of players available to the merge program at the time).

Based on the OP, I'm not sure why the original hood was split up as it sounds like it still fit in with "ideal" conditions. From the sounds of things both yourself and the HMA player fell "out of sync" with your respective chunks and now are on your own, placed in the next best available hood (remembering that not all players/hoods are involved in each shuffle). The new hood sounds like it is outside of the "ideal" conditions and should in the next shuffle get split up and reformed, can't promise that it will or that it will get better though as again it depends on the program and what it has to work with.

Having properly formed hoods and well balanced hoods has always been a concern of mine, I'd love to be able to look at the program for it to help improve it but it's doubtful that would ever happen. It's safe to say that many will be very happy if we can get an improved version that doesn't give most the fear of "what if I get a bad hood next, when will it happen?", only comfort is that in each world the number of incorrect hoods is small (even though it looks like a lot when you add up all the worlds with a small number of incorrect hoods...).

DeletedUser

Comprised of no more than 3 consecutive ages and no less than 2 (diversity intended for trade).

Sorry, but how is a 3 age spread at all fair for people at the bottom? They have no hope of defending, and also have no hope of retaliating. All they can do is sit there and get pulverized.

Remember that time when your IFVs killed the other guy's 4 rail guns/4 hover tanks? Yeah, me neither.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
As a heads up, as of writing this post 2weeks ago, I have now been put in a hood much more like my level. Noone from my old hood is with me and have all been replaced with people either one age up, or 1-2 ages lower, (albeit the few Bronze age people will be farmed by the EMA/HMA people if we wanted too) xD

But yeah, the Hood I am in now is much more active and much more balanced with score, So, I can see that Neighbourhoods sometimes do work, just require time to balance out!

It's good to feel good playing the game again! yeah! PVP! BRING IT ON!

Actually having to fight for the Tower medals is great!

DeletedUser2989

Sorry, but how is a 3 age spread at all fair for people at the bottom? They have no hope of defending, and also have no hope of retaliating. All they can do is sit there and get pulverized.

Remember that time when your IFVs killed the other guy's 4 rail guns/4 hover tanks? Yeah, me neither.

As I mentioned in the quote you took from my post the diversity is intended for trade and peaceful purposes (as both peaceful and aggressive play styles have to be considered in the construction of neighborhoods), some people rely on hood trades for goods and won't get a good range of offers if everyone is in the same age. I've also noticed such a spread can actually be fair as well in the lower ages when the stat differences are so large and the % boosts don't have such dramatic effects (unlike in the situation you provided).

Oh and IFV's vs Rail Guns/Hover Tanks would be 4 consecutive ages. If the system was perfect and created no hoods with more than 3 consecutive ages you'd have Strike Teams/Missile Artillery attacking Rail Guns/Hover Tanks (though I'd be more tempted to try with all 8 Strike Teams...), it'd still be a difficult fight (depending a little on boosts and AI skills) but at least 1 one example wouldn't be your entire hood. A bottom hood player would also be able to target the others nearer their age, as a bottom hood player (or at least frequently at the bottom) it's what I do for PvP on those rare occasions I PvP.

I fully recognize that it isn't easy to PvP when you are at the bottom of one of these 3 age hoods (or more when the system messes up), but when Inno explained that the spread was intended for trade reasons it was a lot harder to argue for less than 3 (still possible obviously).

I'm happy to hear that you're in a better hood now Goremise :) I hope you can make the most of it, until we get a good fix for the hood system there is unfortunately always that chance of ending up back in a bad one.

DeletedUser

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by 3 consecutive ages. I was thinking "3 ages apart" (because PME is 3 ages below FE). I have had neighborhoods in the past which spanned FE - PME, and that's why I gave that example.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm happy to hear that you're in a better hood now Goremise :) I hope you can make the most of it, until we get a good fix for the hood system there is unfortunately always that chance of ending up back in a bad one.

Yeah I know rite, Fingers crossed it doesn't kick me out of this one xD