• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood programming is pathetic

DeletedUser103478

@ the wiz

yes i know about the great buildings and watch fires and the monastery, i have them, i got + 35 defense when defending, and + 21 attack + defense when attacking, i also have 9 great buildings soon to be 10 ( just getting the goods to build it ) have all great buildings upto my age but castel de monte.

all that dont make a difference when the people attacking me have 150 + attack power and defense to my 32 defense and 18 attack power. there units are to far advanced for my stone throwing men

i will never be able to compete with players 4 ages above me no matter what. the tanks one shot all my men, i cant even hit them once even when i revenge i dont even get to hit them lol they just own me in 1 turn.

even if all my great buildings where level 10 i still would not stand a chance, am not arguing with you just telling you how it is for me in this neighbor hood that i got stuck into this morning, moved from a neighbor hood which i was not even in the top 10 on and still an age off the people in the top 10 of that hood, just dont make sense

DeletedUser5180

@ the wiz

all that dont make a difference when the people attacking me have 150 + attack power and defense

i doubt very much if many have 150+ attack.

my 3 attack gb's are level 11 giving me 93% attack. as every 2nd level above 10 give another 1% then to get to 150% means another 57% = 114 levels.

i seriously doubt if ANY player has reached anywhere near that kind of attack boost yet.

DeletedUser103478

you was saying you cant? 191 ok with you? not possible? seems your wrong............

Did you honestly think i would come onto the forum and spill a load of false information? seriously...

All of what i have said is true and can provide / have screen prints of it........

But any way thats not the point of my post, the point is how am i meant to participate in gaining any medals now its is impossible for me to be able to gain any now im in a neighbor hood full of people miles ahead of me with tanks while im still throwing stones?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Don't see any false information by Akbhoy. The screenshot you provided shows 91% boosted attack ;)

Both of you guys are probably misunderstanding each other. I believe you are talking about the attack in general (like how a 91% boosted rogue has 191 attack) while Akbhoy was talking about the percentage in general

DeletedUser103478

i ment 150 + attack more than me, not great building + % ........... my most powerfull unit has only 28 ( 21 % from great buildings ) attack power, Either way i cant compete at all for at least 2 may be even 3 months in my current neighbor hood ( if they do not advance any more which is not going to happen ) which kinda makes me playing the game pointless as i cant compete, i just make the numbers up for the other 84 people in my neighbor hood to come attacking me every single day with there tanks while im still throwing stones. would you be happy in the same situation? i HIGHLY doubt it!

DeletedUser17954

I personally think they should do it by points. I am totally fed up of being knocked back all the time, just because i may not have the premium bldngs, so i am given as a bait to all that spend £££ in this game. yeah ok, so the lot of them get killed because my army is strong and i am number 50 now but they get a nasty when they attack me. but iit is very annoying when you work your way up and those t..s put u back again and again.

DeletedUser5180

you was saying you cant? 191 ok with you? not possible? seems your wrong............

Did you honestly think i would come onto the forum and spill a load of false information? seriously...

All of what i have said is true and can provide / have screen prints of it........

But any way thats not the point of my post, the point is how am i meant to participate in gaining any medals now its is impossible for me to be able to gain any now im in a neighbor hood full of people miles ahead of me with tanks while im still throwing stones?

as byeordie has said, I was talking about the boost percentage which is probably why every figure I quoted had the percentage sign (%) following that figure. I thought that was self explanatory really.

DeletedUser103478

@ akbhoy67

if you read my post that your obsessed with i said " all that dont make a difference when the people attacking me have 150 + attack power and defense to my 32 defense and 18 attack power. there units are to far advanced for my stone throwing men" ( note no reference to other players GB's there? just saying how powerful they are compared to me..... referring to the tanks, missiles and so on, nothing to do with great buildings )

The only reference i used on great buildings is what i have not them.

150 attack power starting from person 84 in my hood + sign meaning the higher i go through the numbers in my hood ( person 84 - to the person sitting at the top of the neighbor hood in 1st ) the more powerful they get? understand? if i have 0 chance of beating player in 84th place what chance have i against number 1.

if i some how over night i got all my great buildings to level 10 will i have a chance of beating players 4 ages above me??? no, Of course NOT. point proved

DeletedUser103478

just to show some maths, with all my great buildings with out theirs i still cant beat them why? 45attack /65 defense << tanks un buffed by great buildings )

my men un buffed by great buildings ( my most powerful unit ) Great Sword Warrior 25 / 25, how is that going to compete with tanks? and so on? great buildings or not i cant compete. thats what i am trying to get at.. the point im trying to make. ive been done over by the merge so i CANT COMPETE IN PVP.........

Obviously as they are ahead they will have higher level great buildings which just adds to the unfairness. im not moaning about them, im moanin about the merging system cause even if my great buildings where the same level i still have 0 chance of winning.

DeletedUser5180

@ akbhoy67

if you read my post that your obsessed with i said " all that dont make a difference when the people attacking me have 150 + attack power and defense to my 32 defense and 18 attack power.

i am not obsessed with your post.

i assumed you were talking about attack boost as 99.9% of posts that discuss pvp / gvg and or attack / defense and quote figures are using the attack / defense boost figures. I misunderstood your post, as you also did mine even though i used the percentage sign (%) in my post, there is absolutely no need for this to develop into an arguement, end of story

DeletedUser2989

so for 3 months i cant play the game as its meant to be played, a pvp game am i right?

I noticed this was never really answered and the answer is no. This game has a PvP element to it but it is not a PvP game. The game is not really any one thing or another, I'd say primarily it is a game to build up your city (and in a way personal score) by whatever means you wish to take. You may take an aggresive approach (hence PvP/GvG) or a more peaceful approach (trades/negotiations) or a mix of both and still grow your town.

I'd say most people on this forum would agree that there have been neighbourhood merge issues (at some times more noticable than others) and the best way to help out getting this sorted would be the following:
Hi mosin
please can i ask you - and anyone else who has received a really unbalanced hood merge today (containing a wide range of Ages/Eras of cities - not directly linked to points scores) - to contact the ingame support team. We need to gather as much information as possible in order to assist the developers to improve the current merge system.
To contact support, right click within your city or use the button at the top of this page FOE - support.
Thanks for your help.

Jampots
Senior Forum Moderator

So I highly recommend that if anyone is talking to people in game having similar issues that you all contact support to help provide information. I'd also say you could contact support if you are a ME/PME player who has found BA/IA players in their hood just incase those players don't know to.

DeletedUser103478

Hi Tankovy

Thanks for answering that for me, but you need to do the pvp aspect of the game to earn medals to get expansion slots to grow your city.

I know you can earn them via quests and by doing battles against the AI and by Victory towers too and great buildings.

I have messaged the support team, i have to wait a few days and hope i get moved again, in the mean time i just have to put up with throwing stones at tanks and hope one makes a spark near a fuel tank and blows up and takes the other 7 out with it ;) and time my collections perfectly so that i dont loss all my goods

DeletedUser97155

and time my collections perfectly so that i dont loss all my goods

This 'time your collections' advice is something that really rips my knitting - I'm online often but not at regular times, once I've done this I don't know if I'll be back online in 1,2,3 hours or maybe not even until tomorrow !!

Basically it's another element of luck in the game - there are guys 2 ages below me who are top dogs in their neighbourhoods and they aren't timing their collections or getting plundered to the max - no they are gaining medals and (if they are that way inclined) farming goods off of those guys unlucky enough to have been lumped in beside them !

I'm 79th in my hood and massive 9 million points behind the leaders and despite my 30 odd watchfires, and GBs I'm easy picking for those guys ahead of me - it's extremely frustrating !!

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I'm surprised that in all these posts, no one has told mosin the one thing he needs to know, namely that his current predicament is only temporary. The merge system makes blunders like that from time to time, but any players who are placed in a neighborhood way above their level will definitely be merged out two weeks later. It still sucks, but you can look forward to being in a more balanced neighborhood again in the near future. Meanwhile you could polivate your neighbors and collect blueprints to advanced buildings you would otherwise have difficulty finding.

As for the topic of who gets to be at the top of a neighborhood, in fact there is no real process to select that. Members of a neighborhood are selected based on how advanced they are, and are usually within one or two ages of each other, except when errors occur. Score has no effect on selecting neighbors, but it is what neighbors are arranged by.

What this means is that players several ages below you can easily be at the top of their neighborhoods while you are not, because that position reflects how their score compares to other players around their level, not to you. For example, an Industrial player with a score one million above Industrial average is likely to be in the top ten in any neighborhood he can be part of, while a Modern player with a score one million below Modern average is likely to be near the bottom of his.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
There are a very few players complaining here on the forums but many of them are going inactive without even thinking twice about it... My hood one of the super high ranked hood has received many such low level neighbors over the months since this new merger started happening and I have seen many many players who get merged just going inactive ...some try to hang in there for 2-3 days but most of them just the day the merger has happened ... my hood is actually a much quieter hood ...the high level players most of them actually barring one or two I dont think anybody plunders anybody ... But still the moment these very low level players see the kind of neighborhood they have been dumped in they just lose interest in the game ... I can see the mods here try to explain their best to players complaining but do you really think it helps players when they are dumped in a hood even if its for 2 weeks and they cannot do anything at all, have to do all sorts of adjustments just to manage their new neighbors?? ..do u really think those players will have interest to play the game?? WHat the mods are asking the players who got dumped in unbalanced hoods is to go inactive (meaning just do farming... make 24hrs collections etc etc all this is equivalent to being inactive according to me and most of the players) for 2 weeks and hope to get changed to a different hood .. do u think the player will have any interest to play the game and will think of continuing the game after the 2 weeks have passed by?? I really dont know the exact figures but have seen quite a few leaving the game altogether just bcoz of these unbalanced merges ....

DeletedUser

There are a very few players complaining here on the forums but many of them are going inactive without even thinking twice about it... My hood one of the super high ranked hood has received many such low level neighbors over the months since this new merger started happening and I have seen many many players who get merged just going inactive ...some try to hang in there for 2-3 days but most of them just the day the merger has happened ... my hood is actually a much quieter hood ...the high level players most of them actually barring one or two I dont think anybody plunders anybody ... But still the moment these very low level players see the kind of neighborhood they have been dumped in they just lose interest in the game ... I can see the mods here try to explain their best to players complaining but do you really think it helps players when they are dumped in a hood even if its for 2 weeks and they cannot do anything at all, have to do all sorts of adjustments just to manage their new neighbors?? ..do u really think those players will have interest to play the game?? WHat the mods are asking the players who got dumped in unbalanced hoods is to go inactive (meaning just do farming... make 24hrs collections etc etc all this is equivalent to being inactive according to me and most of the players) for 2 weeks and hope to get changed to a different hood .. do u think the player will have any interest to play the game and will think of continuing the game after the 2 weeks have passed by?? I really dont know the exact figures but have seen quite a few leaving the game altogether just bcoz of these unbalanced merges ....

This... the merge this week put a BA and a LMA player into my hood which is comprised normally of mainly PME/ME players with a few at PE. It seems grossly unfair to ask these players to wait two weeks before they can resume normal activities. While I appreciate that the neighbourhood algorithm is likely complex I am surprised that a bug causing such problems for new players of the game is not treated as a critical issue. You cannot convert free customers to paying customers if they quit in frustration.

DeletedUser

to your contact support, did that was told to just deal with it and set builds to 24 hours - my reply was plundering is not an issue just the fact that for 3 months i have been stuck in a hood where i was about 3 ages behind and about 3 mill points, it is blatantly clear they don't care about the players, i even had diamonds disappear off my screen and nothing done, made trades and not received goods but lost the ones i was trading but we just have to "deal with it"

DeletedUser

Hi mosin
please can i ask you - and anyone else who has received a really unbalanced hood merge today (containing a wide range of Ages/Eras of cities - not directly linked to points scores) - to contact the ingame support team. We need to gather as much information as possible in order to assist the developers to improve the current merge system.
To contact support, right click within your city or use the button at the top of this page FOE - support.
Thanks for your help.

Jampots
Senior Forum Moderator

Thank you for this information. I am fairly new to the game, but have heard that in the upper levels of the game people need lower aged goods or supplies (not sure which since I am many ages from there) to complete some of their requirements for their level; these higher people attack and plunder. The ones in my hood aren't plundering me. I was attacked by one but wasn't plundered. I am not sure if it was because the person didn't want to plunder or that my goods weren't ready. I am mostly on time to collect but not always. Life has it's ways of keeping from keeping a very tight schedule. But I do have a question. Do Modern Era or Post Modern Era people actually get points for attacking people in the Late Middle ages and lower, which is what the majority in my hood are? If so, why, when there is no way anyone in those Eras can defend or even attack such high level people? I agree with giving more options after an attack, instead of just being allowed to plunder after you have essentially killed someone, give the option of helping. I am seeing many low levels leave the game entirely or disconnect their cities to prevent plundering. The times available aren't really conducive to working people. Most people work an 8 hour shift. But very few people work from where they play the game, so travel time needs to take place. The production jumps from 8 hours to 24 hours. Why? 4, 8, 12 hour then 24 hours cycles makes more sense for production. This is just some thoughts from someone who loves every aspect of the game except the encouragement for plundering, which is just another word for stealing.

DeletedUser101925

to your contact support, did that was told to just deal with it and set builds to 24 hours - my reply was plundering is not an issue just the fact that for 3 months i have been stuck in a hood where i was about 3 ages behind and about 3 mill points, it is blatantly clear they don't care about the players, i even had diamonds disappear off my screen and nothing done, made trades and not received goods but lost the ones i was trading but we just have to "deal with it"

Question: Do you have the notification for diamonds on or off? Reason I ask this is because it happens to me sometimes that i missclick a building to have it instantly built costing somewhere between 100~200 diamonds even though you dont want that.
I can recommend to put the notifications on to prevent those kinda "mistakes" from happening.

Else I suggest to open a support ticket regarding the missing diamonds.

DeletedUser103478

.................... This is really bringing me to hate the game now.. every day being plundered by people 3 - 4 ages ahead of me plundering my buildings. i have a life and cant be sat at the screen 24 hours a day waiting for the timers to run out. set them for when ill be online? yep done that but people are plundering while im collecting. making me sit through this is harsh and is wrong and is ruining my time playing the game.

to think i have to sit through this now for an unknown amount of time is stupid and the game developers need to sort this kinda of thing out like months ago?

10 / 15 times a day im being plundered, im being attacked 55 times a day by players that are so far advanced i dont even hit them once....

And the game developers want me to put real life money into this game? are they seriously taking liberties?.

Speak to game mods? yep done that got told to just sit it out and wait to see if im lucky enough to be moved to a neighbor hood around my own age? yeah sounds good, then i get told by old players in my guild that the chance of being moved to a hood i can compete in is around 0.0000000000000001 % chance so im better off making a new city.. well you have more chance me stop playing the game than start a new city after all the months work i've done on my current one..........

im going to stop playing for a week and a half. ill be back next merg, if im still in the same rubbish ill stop playing. a game should be a fair and equal playing ground. the game developers of this game do not even know the meaning of FAIR or is it that they just dont give a monkeys about the players of the game that make them money?..