• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merging

• Thread starter DeletedUser97851
  • Start date

DeletedUser97851

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm looking for a thread that explains how neighborhood merges are decided. My neighborhood just underwent a change, but it can hardly be called merging. I was in a neighborhood with 40+ players and over 30 of them were removed. Now there's 9 players total in my neighborhood. That doesn't give us much chance to do PvP or polish/motivate to get blueprints, does it?

DeletedUser6461

Hi Th3K1ndr3d

Welcome to the forums.

Just check here

and discussion thread here

Hope it helps at some extend.

DeletedUser97851

Thank you for your prompt response kingjoseph.

The Countess said:
When a merge takes place... ...neighborhoods will be broken into smaller parts, or "chunks". These chunks will then be merged with parts of other neighborhoods at a similar level of advancement within the tech tree.

If I understand this correctly my neighborhood was split into smaller chunks which will in turn merge together with chunks of other neighborhoods to form a new neighborhood? How long will we have to wait for our chunk to merge with others to form a new neighborhood?

Last edited by a moderator:

Greywolf

Sergeant
Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm looking for a thread that explains how neighborhood merges are decided. My neighborhood just underwent a change, but it can hardly be called merging. I was in a neighborhood with 40+ players and over 30 of them were removed. Now there's 9 players total in my neighborhood. That doesn't give us much chance to do PvP or polish/motivate to get blueprints, does it?

Hello former neighbour. In case you wonder why I dissapeared, then I can tell you that I was tossed into a neighbourhood with other less advanced noobs (Bronze- & Iron-age players). It seems merging is mainly done according to 'age'. Maybe there aren't many Early middle age-players, which would explain why your neighbourhood is so small.

Last edited:

DeletedUser97851

Hello former neighbour. In case you wonder why I dissapeared, then I can tell you that I was tossed into a neighbourhood with other less advanced noobs (Bronze- & Iron-age players). It seems merging is mainly done according to 'age'. Maybe there aren't many Early middle age-players, which would explain why your neighbourhood is so small.

Hello former neighbor and a new friend :)

I am now ranked no. 1 among the 9 players who are currently my neighbors. 8 out of 9 are Iron Age same as me, but it's hardly balanced, as I used to plunder the currently second ranked player way back when I was in Bronze Age and he/she in Iron Age. I very much enjoy the PvP tournaments and in the last one I only attacked Bronze Era players with Bronze Era units to give them a fighting chance. I don't enjoy "blasting their spearmen to bits with tanks" (to use a Civilization franchise reference; might apply here as well, I'm not sure what future eras will bring, but I'm looking forward to find out). A battle without a challenge isn't worth fighting.

So for the time being it's peaceful and quiet (and boring) in my neighborhood as there are no worthy opponents. There are no champions residing in the PvP towers. I think I'll go attack two spear fighters somewhere and by doing so earn a second rank in the new PvP tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98029

how does the game decide neighbors? The recent change placed me with PE players. I could hardly defend. Losing interest ....

DeletedUser

Hello Emperor... welcome to the forums!

It's explained in this announcement (click) how neighbourhood merges currently take place.
However, this system has only recently been implemented and still needs some time to balance out well - as you can read there, merges will take place every other week, so please be patient a little longer. Things should improve!

DeletedUser

Although I have been a member of the Forum for a couple of weeks I regularly come across a situation such as the one in the message above ...where it says ...in gold lettering... this announcement ( click ) ...and when I do it tells me I do not have access to this page ...

Can anyone explain to me why this is ...as at the minute I am trying my best to find out all I can about the game ...but am being thwarted in that aim by the intransigencies of the Forum. :confused:

DeletedUser9168

Hi kikka
This happens to me from time to time too. I think the reason here is that the link is to an announcement which is no longer listed on the forum (in this case because it is several months old). If you find it is happening a lot of times, please contact me again and I will try and look into the problem further.
The basic explanation of the neighbourhood merge system is pasted below

"It is not points that determine whether a player is able to compete in a neighborhood or not, but whether you are at a similar level of progress in the tech tree (and thus have the same kinds of buildings available to you).

The way the system works is that neighborhoods are broken into chunks of players of a similar level of progress in the tech tree (not global ranking points) and then each of those chunks is put together with other similar chunks. Sometimes this will mean you are near the bottom of your new hood (on points), and another time you may well be near the top. You do not say what age you are in, or what age the rest of your new hood are in, but the chances are that the top players are only one or two ages above you at most.

Should you find that the top players in your hood are more than 2 ages above you, the first thing to bear in mind is that it may take a few more merges yet to get the neighborhoods to how they should be - that is with all 80 players at a similar level of progress in the tech tree. The second thing to bear in mind is that with the new system the merges happen every two weeks, and there is a very good chance the next merge will place you in a more equal hood, so hang on in there. "

DeletedUser

Thanks for you help and information Jampots .

Much appreciated :-)

DeletedUser1081

I wonder why they don't make switching neighbourhoods an option people can elect to make themselves eligible for or not. Declaring one's eligibility wouldn't necessarily mean one would be moved every two weeks, but it *could* mean that, unless/until you turn off the option. The people who are satisfied where they are could stay in peace, without unwelcome major shakeups, and the ones who are miserable where they are would be able to have greater hope that it's only temporary.

DeletedUser13805

that is a good idea you should put it up in the ideas section i think it would be good for players to opt out of a hood move however whats to stop players who are high from staying in a hood that is full of easy beatable players ? if such a player opted out and all the other hoodies had opted in for a move they would all be moved and what would the high player be left with ? an empty hood or would he end up being in a new hood when he had clearly opted out ?

DeletedUser1081

that is a good idea you should put it up in the ideas section i think it would be good for players to opt out of a hood move however whats to stop players who are high from staying in a hood that is full of easy beatable players ? if such a player opted out and all the other hoodies had opted in for a move they would all be moved and what would the high player be left with ? an empty hood or would he end up being in a new hood when he had clearly opted out ?

If some high-ranking player ends up with no neighbours he/she would most likely declare a desire to move to a new 'hood, don't you think? Or if he/she doesn't, is that a problem for anyone?

And of course people who opt out of moving could still get a new neighbour or three every now and then - but they could rest easy that they wouldn't wake up in totally alien territory.

I'm glad you like the idea, desypete - please feel free to post it in the Idea section! I'll add my +1 with alacrity.

DeletedUser

This chuck system does not work correctly.

After the last merge, 7 others and myself with global points upto 37k, were merged into a hood of 77 others who points range from 190k to 8.5M. They are also 3-4 ages above my own.

I have aslo been told to hang on until the next merge, when I should be merged into a more appropriate neighbour hood.

But there is no reason to suggest I will get into a better hood on the merge, and if I did I could be remerged into a similar one to where I am now, at anytime.

A better merge system would be to use the global points and not to go up more that 1 age above your current age.

Or just to make sure people are not put into a top end group, if the system cant find a group for you to go in.

I would have preferred to have a small hood of 8 of similar tech tree, so that we could at least have a fairer pvp than I have now, which is being attacked 20 times a day by tanks and defending with crossbows.

DeletedUser

A better merge system would be to use the global points and not to go up more that 1 age above your current age.

I would have preferred to have a small hood of 8 of similar tech tree, so that we could at least have a fairer pvp than I have now, which is being attacked 20 times a day by tanks and defending with crossbows.

I understand and sympathize with your plight as I found myself the victim of a bad merge once. I luckily was moved out in the next merge.

Please use this link to view a similar thread where the merge system and how it works is discussed. I do believe it is suggested that any suggestions you have for how to improve the merge be placed into the ideas thread. :)

DeletedUser

I think it is highly unlikely that merges would ever be based on a players global ranking (score) as this does not reflect where you are in the game at all, you can have a player will 200k points at the same stage of the game as a player with say 50k points. The more active you are as a player, the more fighting you do and win, the more you collect and build and so on takes your score up.

For the most part merging does work well with the new system, but there are still odd players who do find them selves in a hood they perhaps shouldn't, but in the majority cases this rectifies itself at the next merge.

In the event any player ends up in a hood which you feel is really imbalanced, while we may not be able to manually remove you we are happy to receive tickets to make us aware, as if this was to become a common issue, the merging system may need to be reviewed, but at the moment for the most part, it does seem to work well. Kim.

DeletedUser4879

Looking forward to the day when this is sorted!! But, I'm not all that convinced
that it ever will be sorted! Excuse me for being negative about this! My 'hood
goes from Bronceage players to ME players or worse at times! I started playing
this game when nabourhoods where a real disaster about a year or so ago.
Guess it has improved somewhat, but long way to go.....
I'm a Me Player....