• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighbords merging???

• Thread starter DeletedUser11962
  • Start date

DeletedUser11962

Hello to all, joined forum just to ask if U think its logical, and if U think it is not a "reason to quit the game" thing...

I have 3000+ points, and from today I was put in neighborhood with people who have over 6.000 pints, one of them has 12.000+ points, and all of them are in EMA!

It is obvious I started to play a lot after them.

Now, I will be plundered, I can not plunder anymore, plus I can only dream about medals!

OK, I had oportunity to have diamond players in neighborhood, and ok it is ridiculous how much they are in advantage, but with some brains a managed to have enough progress so they are not much better then me...

But what should I do now?

To play 24/7 so I could MAYBE catch up with them one day?

I know this whining will not help me, it is done what is done, but I was really happy when I discovered this game, after a long time and many games played I found one which I was totally satisfied with, and now this happened.

Please do not philosophize to me now, I have played more games in my life then the most of you and I know what "must be done" and what don't have to. I also know how to be good, as in the most of games I played online I was among the top 10 in server. But this... This is a bul****!!! This is ridiculous!!!

DeletedUser

As people in a neighborhood become inactive, small neighborhoods are merged together to give everybody more people to interact with (for attacking, but also trading).

I think that is far better than being stuck in a 30 person neighborhood and having nobody to trade with. Personally, I was super happy to see new names when my neighborhood got merged a couple weeks ago.

DeletedUser11962

Personally, I would be much happier to have 60 inactive players to polish every day and get gold and blueprints, than 20 active players to pillage my buildings.

And all possible trades would just help them more than me, as they are already in advantage.

Also, there are "guilds" in which you can get goods, plus you can get them without spending a forge point, and also "friends" which you can trade too...

I just don't see a point to punish someone who was best in his neighborhood by putting him in neighborhood with people who play game 4 times (at least) longer then him...

I wasn't playing so much and learning about game so much to be weak and to be a farm, a did all that to be the best from the people started to play when I started to play, to compete with people who had a same started point like me.

DeletedUser

While I disagree with some of your assertions, I can understand why you feel this way.

Personally, what I would like to see is a 'smarter' neighborhood merge, where they split up and reform neighborhoods with people that are at similar levels of progression, be it by ranking points or research levels, or some other metric. It's a bit odd to have someone over 60k in my neighborhood while others are at 1-2k. But everyone grows at a different rate. But that would probably take quite a bit of work.

You said to not offer advice, so I won't, but just know that it is certainly possible to catch up with and pass other people. Being at 3k vs 12k isn't completely insurmountable.

DeletedUser

Your post sounds like you are just having a rant, I've done that before. From the point of view of someone who puts a lot of time in the game and plunders a lot of people just like you, I'd say you have 4 choices.

1. Just wait for a while, keep playing however you like and see what happens. Perhaps try another Guild and don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Quit if you don't like it. Your spot in the neighborhood will eventually be filled by a future neighborhood merge. There are lots of people who like the game the way it is but if it is stressing you out instead of making you happy then you really should quit.
3. Work harder to get to the top, which is what I do
4. Buy diamonds to get to the top and then tell all the others in your guild how great you are for progressing so fast.

In conjunction with each of these ideas is the option to come here and tell us how its working for you.

DeletedUser3157

3k vs 12k EMA towns is nothing unsurmounteble at all. Once u get archers u can easly still break their 1 age up defenses and compete with them for medal towers. 9k points is smth an active PvP'er can make up with just week or 2, it is only 450k PvP pts. Once you have played this game little longer, you will hopefully realize how terrible it would be being stuck with naberhood of 60 inactive players and why this is not a bad thing at all.

DeletedUser11962

Thanks for all your posts.

Must say that I can not buy diamonds...
And also to ask how I can beat Ema units with archers?

I managed to beat the most of Iron age units with archers (except when they have few ballistas), but to Ema units archers deal way to little dmg...

DeletedUser3157

Using combinations of archers and ballistas, most EMA and HMA defenses become beateble. You use ballistas to take down enemy ranged units first before they can shoot, and archers to kill their melee units as they are closing in, while trying to stay out of their reach. It is one of the more common strategies, although not as powerful as it used to be, it is still powerful enough to get the job done once you get the hang of it. There are also other strategies and bear in mind every unit type has another unit type that has a really heavy bonus against it. So by taking right counter-units to the fight, you can defeat much more advanced units. For example you can defeat 8 heavy cavilary(EMA fast unit) with 8 spearmen(your very first bronze age unit), because light melee units have bonus against fast units. And it goes on like this, just a matter of getting comfie on the battlefield and with tacticts.

DeletedUser10171

Bre, man if I could have been as lucky as you...
When I started the game I was put in a hood with people in the 40k and 50k range, now I'm 3rd in the hood and paying back a couple of them for treating me so nicely when I was a new born..

DeletedUser

Get yourself a LOT of archers. I have 4 barracks of archers and I have seen people I attack having up to 6. It means you can keep attacking and don't worry about losing archers. Its no big deal if you have 6 barracks as you can produce them as fast as you lose them (if you are a little bit careful)

DeletedUser

I was in your spot once, but I managed to grow, now I am on the top all the time. Don't think that you are supposed to be on top of all players all the time, I think that is your problem. Get a better defense system so the attackers don't win the battle, but f they do, make sure you collect your goods on time, so they don't plunder you. Simple, and easy, yet very strategic.

DeletedUser11962

Thanks again people.

It's just, I know some basic strategies... I was winninh battles with bronza age units against some of Ema units already...

But, 4 archers + 4 ballistas (Im saying this as the ones who have no catapult they have ballistas), or archers and catapults and so on, what strategy could possibly help me there?

Those poeple already have larger town territory, bettter units, and better resources buildings.

So in translation, I can beat someone's balista + archer army, maybe 2 enemys in a raw and loose enough units so I am out of game for at least 4 hours untill I rebuild my squad.

I can not have 6 archery ranges, as I already said I started playing after those people, I need to develop economicaly, every space is important, so if I use the spot for millitary building, I can not use it for resources or goods.

I know I can handle defense for a shorter period of time, but as I mantioned it before, I was really excited about expansions baught with medals, and after this night I am assured that I have nothing to look for in towers...

As I said, I was far the best among the people started to play when I started to play, so I am not a complete noob (not a pro, but not a noob either), so trust me I had many calculations in my had, I was thinking a lot about many different options, but it seams I can not figure it out how to develop economy + win battles + advance in tech tree at the same time, not loosing in any of these things so I can keep up with those people...

"Don't think that you are supposed to be on top of all players all the time, I think that is your problem." - Yes, I am aware of my ambition problem :)
It's just I never expected to be the best of the best, it is impossible because I can not compete with people playing this game for months. I only expected to be the best in my league. You know the thing when you spend a lot of time, make a large effort, plus you know you have brains to be better then others, and after some time you want great result. Everyone of you who is old enough to work in real life knows this feeling. And in real life the most commont result is you being descriminated, pulled down, pulled back, made to stay where you were before despite all of your predispositions and effort invested...
But this is a game! We all play this to escape from reality, to have recreation, in games we all have opportunity to accomplish something we could not in a real life, to be the best, or at least to be better.
That possibility is taken away for me.
It never happened to me (and I have 26 years and played to much games online) not to have ANY idea how to cross over obstruction. I think if I don't find some in at least brilliant tactic (and I don't see it happening considering the fact thats this game don't have many secrets and much space for tactic variations) that my only hope to be the best in my neighborhood is thta half of people stop playing.
So, I need to be mediocre player, but still to be tenecious and play on regular basis, until some players quit?!
That's not the way I want to play really...

Anyway, sorry all about my English, it's not perfect...
If ANYONE has some good tactic which brings win over balistas (and range units in overall) but saves enough units after battle, I will be very grateful to him/her!

Also, Ive noticed a lot of multi accounts (among begginers but also among the first 50 people on server), I will not report anyone-but I noticed that, I learned to make difference between good players and cheaters as I was admin in some web based games, and wanted to ask you people is it possible to have so much cheaters because this is still a beta version of a game? Because there are even people which have for example 20 accounts, in same neighborhood, with same name (just the numbers after letters are different) for example coconut1, coconut2, coconut3... also the towns are exactly the same, level of progress, but usualy the main account has abnormaly large amount of goods....
Like he is playing for a week, and already has 100 units of every bronze age good...
I am not bothered by them really, as it happens in all games in world, especially the ones which are free of charge to play, I'm just asking why is so much of them, is that because this is still a beta version, and maybe bosses want as much "registrated" players as possible, or there is a lack of admins...

DeletedUser

Also, Ive noticed a lot of multi accounts (among begginers but also among the first 50 people on server), I will not report anyone -- Because there are even people which have for example 20 accounts, in same neighborhood, with same name (just the numbers after letters are different) for example coconut1, coconut2, coconut3... also the towns are exactly the same, level of progress, but usualy the main account has abnormaly large amount of goods....
Like he is playing for a week, and already has 100 units of every bronze age good...
I am not bothered by them really, as it happens in all games in world, especially the ones which are free of charge to play, I'm just asking why is so much of them, is that because this is still a beta version, and maybe bosses want as much "registrated" players as possible, or there is a lack of admins...

I don't know about lack of admins and all that, but I have one thing to say: Report report report. :P It is unfair and it is forbidden. So lets report all of them and the game will be a better place for all of us :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Yes, as Mutzena says, please report.

Although we often check for multi-accounting, with thousands and thousands of accounts in this game, all help we get from players is much appreciated :)

If you suspect someone cheating in anyway, please let us know so we can check.

DeletedUser2456

you should all be lucky -.- My neighbourhood hasnt merged for around 4-5 weeks

DeletedUser7059

I have no army really just a few archers/ I don't fight, my objective is to grow my city. I only have 3 - 4000 points, it doesn't matter.
I get plundered but the difference is most of my neighbours and I have an agreement that they get the attacking points and also plunder for BPs on my houses and cottages only. I trade quite well and think it is a good system. As for diamonds I can't afford to buy them I earn them and use an email address I never look at so all the rubbish goes there. Its a great game, you need to give it a chance.

DeletedUser6461

I like the neighborhood merging for the fact that it generally increases your total strength, so you get more neighbors for attacking.
But sometimes it gets a little irritated like the last time in my neighborhood. we were having around 40 members and i was leading the group by a margin of 70K to the next player. Then one fine Monday morning, i opened my computer to see i was downed to second in my neighborhood to a margin of around 10K and the leading player was no.7th in my World and i was 8th. I wonder how two of the top 10 players are merged to a same neighborhood but it's how the game goes. but due to the merging, i got so many extra opportunities for attacking and my ranking points just boomed up to overtake him within a week. so don't worry, if you are the best player, it's just a matter of time that you will regain your spot again. just go on and continue your attacking style of play and u will be there within no time.

DeletedUser

Yes, as Mutzena says, please report.

Although we often check for multi-accounting, with thousands and thousands of accounts in this game, all help we get from players is much appreciated :)

If you suspect someone cheating in anyway, please let us know so we can check.

May I suggest a better way of wording that so it does not sound like members are free to go on witch hunts? Perhaps it would have more impact to say: If you have evidence of someone cheating in any way, please provide it privately to . . . . . etc

I just remember an old Cheech and Chong skit: 'Yeah well I wann turn in Billy, man . . . . "

DeletedUser

May I suggest a better way of wording that so it does not sound like members are free to go on witch hunts? Perhaps it would have more impact to say: If you have evidence of someone cheating in any way, please provide it privately to . . . . . etc

I just remember an old Cheech and Chong skit: 'Yeah well I wann turn in Billy, man . . . . "

I would say it's better to ask people to report if they suspect things than to have evidence. The word evidence might scare off people from reporting, thinking they don't have a good enough case. And one more cheater gets away with it a while longer. No one is really hurt from someone saying they suspect something and it being checked. :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

I would say it's better to ask people to report if they suspect things than to have evidence. The word evidence might scare off people from reporting, thinking they don't have a good enough case. And one more cheater gets away with it a while longer. No one is really hurt from someone saying they suspect something and it being checked. :)

~Mutzena~

That is so Orwellian. I can see we strongly do not agree. I compare it to getting patted down, frisked as it were, every time you left your local department store? I mean they suspect everyone is a shoplifter so you would just be getting checked.

Sorry, no sense of humor in that area. . . . well this is a discussion that people would vote on with their feet so better not to stir it up any more than it is.