• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

NEIGHBOR/GUILD/FRIENDS + FRIENDS TAVERN

jmazz777

Private
Please comment on the following -

(1) All Guild members should accept Friend requests from other Guild members. It is better to have Guild members as friends rather than have neighbors as friends as this benefits the Guild.

(2) If you get a Guild member's friend request you should accept or reject it quickly. Otherwise you are wasting one of that member's 80 available friend slots. This reduces the chance of that member getting a BP and/or Tavern coins.

(3) All Guild members should aim at having 80 friend slots filled to maximize chance of getting BPs and/or Tavern coins.

(4) People should use coins to upgrade Tavern to maximum before using them as temporary boost benefits.

Vesiger

Monarch
It benefits the player more to have ex-neighbours as friends (access to a wider market/more polishing etc.) - almost all my friends slots got tied up with guildmates before I had the chance to issue more than half a dozen invitations to helpful people whom I actually wanted as friends.
I didn't realise that accepting 80 unsolicited invitations would stop you from issuing any...

DeletedUser110195

It benefits the player more to have ex-neighbours as friends (access to a wider market/more polishing etc.) - almost all my friends slots got tied up with guildmates before I had the chance to issue more than half a dozen invitations to helpful people whom I actually wanted as friends.
I didn't realise that accepting 80 unsolicited invitations would stop you from issuing any...
I had an idea on the 7th world I started on, obviously it won't help anyone on worlds they're already established on....but if you start on a new world, you might consider this: Do some guild hopping, throw friend invites at the top 10-20 members of a guild, until you've got your 80 invites out, then when you settle into the guild you mean to stay in, none of your neighbors are in your friend list, none of your guildies are, so you have the max possible polivates, you can attack all your neighbors if you're into that and your friends are pretty much topped off.

DeletedUser109475

Why add everyone in the guild? It's just depriving 80 potentially beneficial players from helping. The figures don't justify doing it.

DeletedUser110195

Why add everyone in the guild? It's just depriving 80 potentially beneficial players from helping. The figures don't justify doing it.
The other side of it would be, its less of a chore to aid everyone, 80 fewer clicks is sometimes nice when you don't feel like doing it.

DeletedUser109475

The other side of it would be, its less of a chore to aid everyone, 80 fewer clicks is sometimes nice when you don't feel like doing it.

I can appreciate what you are saying though it's unlikely that would happen on a daily basis. If someone consistently didn't aid me the slot would be made available to someone more reliable. In every guild I've been in there's always a few who seem to be missing the aid button and many more neighbours.

Vesiger

Monarch
I can appreciate what you are saying though it's unlikely that would happen on a daily basis.
I think the point is that once you've aided everyone in your guild who is also your friend, you then have far fewer friends left to aid as well 8-)

DeletedUser108047

In my view you should have no overlap between friends, guild and hood if possible. Why? First because overlap will lead to less aid and less aid rewards. Second, because the recent changes to hoods mean that as you level up it is increasingly hard to get lower age goods by trading, it is beneficial to have a wide range of friends across a range of ages. Third, when seeking people to engage in fp swaps etc it is best to have the largest pool of players to engage with

DeletedUser108379

(1) All Guild members should accept Friend requests from other Guild members. It is better to have Guild members as friends rather than have neighbors as friends as this benefits the Guild.

Why would the Guild benefit if the members of the Guild are also my friends? Only those members of the Guild would benefit who are too lazy to look for friends by their own. So NO

(2) If you get a Guild member's friend request you should accept or reject it quickly. Otherwise you are wasting one of that member's 80 available friend slots. This reduces the chance of that member getting a BP and/or Tavern coins.... .

To answer to a friends request in a timely manner is just question of courtesy.

(3) All Guild members should aim at having 80 friend slots filled to maximize chance of getting BPs and/or Tavern coins. ...

What does this have to do with the Guild?

(4) People should use coins to upgrade Tavern to maximum before using them as temporary boost benefits.

That is the choice of every player. Of course I prefer friends who upgrade their tavern quickly (but more important for me is whether they aid often).