• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Negotiate or Attack

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
When you get to the first province in the New World you get a message saying that one can crush the native warriors but negotiating might be better in the long run.
Is everyone attacking or are some of you negotiating?
Do we actually know which is better?

DeletedUser

Both are fine options depending on your playstyle.

Personally I try to conquer provinces by force any way I can, since goods can be used for so many other things. Also you get more points for fighting.

Negotiation is an easy way to get territory though, especially for people that dislike the in game combat, or don't want to have military buildings.

Whether you negotiate or attack won't change anything in the long run, though there are some quests that will ask you to do one or the other, sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Both are fine options depending on your playstyle.

Personally I try to conquer provinces by force any way I can, since goods can be used for so many other things. Also you get more points for fighting.

Negotiation is an easy way to get territory though, especially for people that dislike the in game combat, or don't want to have military buildings.

Whether you negotiate or attack won't change anything in the long run, though there are some quests that will ask you to do one or the other, sometimes.

Taeriyn, are you sure about this? I do know that what you just said is true in the old continent, but is this true for the new continent? As the OP mentions, the quest does state "negotiating may pay off in the long run". Also, the official forum announcement about the Industrial Age mentions that the story line may change depending on if you choose to attack or conquer peacefully. I would like to know for sure if it does not matter which way we choose to conquer the new world. If negotiating instead of attacking could lead to "paying off in the long run", I would like to know, because then it could be worth spending the goods. If not, I do not want to waste all the goods.

DeletedUser

Taeriyn, are you sure about this? I do know that what you just said is true in the old continent, but is this true for the new continent? As the OP mentions, the quest does state "negotiating may pay off in the long run". Also, the official forum announcement about the Industrial Age mentions that the story line may change depending on if you choose to attack or conquer peacefully. I would like to know for sure if it does not matter which way we choose to conquer the new world. If negotiating instead of attacking could lead to "paying off in the long run", I would like to know, because then it could be worth spending the goods. If not, I do not want to waste all the goods.

You know what... You are correct, I actually don't know enough about the new quests to make that statement. All I had in my mind was the way things were before the update, and the new quests could very well change based on that.

I am just as interested as you are, to find out more.

DeletedUser7719

lol, I still couldn't find out the difference in the Princess Myrencia Quests when choosing to execute the person

DeletedUser1094

I have just received a question about this, and even after playing for years, I have not found the answer.
Does anybody know? What is the "pay off" for negotiating rather than fighting?