• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Name The Building That Was Motivated / Polished

• Thread starter DeletedUser5026
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5026

Proposal: Event history should specify which building was motivated or polished.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yep, the current Ideas forum does not have anything similar, and I can't remember about the old one.

Reason: Well, I am thinking that it will be handy to know who motivated or polished which building because
Example 1: Someone polished a bath so that I achieve enthusiastic citizens, I can drop the person a msg and say "Hey, thanks for polishing my bath, I really needed that"
Example 2: Someone motivated a hut, but I needed supplies, I can drop the person a msg and say "Hey, I need supplies more urgently than coins, do you mind motivating my hunter next time?"

Details: At the moment, the Event History window reports motivation / polishing as "XXXXX has motivated/polished one of your buildings." My proposal is for it to state exactly which building was polished, e.g. "XXXXX has motivated your hut."

Visual Aids: Not available.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Not that I can think of. If one keeps logging on and off, and constantly checking event history and the game map, it can be deduced who motivated/polished which building, but this simplifies the matter. I do not think it's particularly game breaking, though I'm not sure about the amount of additional work needed to implement it.

DeletedUser17

I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense and would promote more communication between the players. I will pass it on.

DeletedUser

perfect idea and it would be a very easy add on to make/ and so much more logical to see exactly how long that polishment! or motivating lasts so we can adapt our strategy to it.

KC

DeletedUser1094

perfect idea and it would be a very easy add on to make/ and so much more logical to see exactly how long that polishment! or motivating lasts so we can adapt our strategy to it.

KC
Polish lasts for 12 hours. Motivations lasts until the owner collects from the motivated building... or until it is plundered.
(Check the times in the Event History and you can calculate when the polish-effect ends.)

Regarding the OP-Idea about having player-names combined with building-info in the support-info, in the Event history :
This Idea/discussion has been here before... Well, the old records are gone and we can't see the old Idea-threads, and I can't remember just how far that Idea went at that time.

My personal thoughts : I'm blessed with a great Guild and a great neighbourhood... Meaning, a lot of support... Buildings can only be supported by one player at a time and I soon run out of proper buildings to support. If a player comes late and has to choose between a hut, a tree or do nothing. He don't want to be known as somebody not supporting, so he chooses the hut or the tree. Why should he be "punished" because of that... That was of cause, just an example. Support is not mandatory for playing the game... we should be grateful for any support given "anonymously"...

DeletedUser

Polish lasts for 12 hours. Motivations lasts until the owner collects from the motivated building... or until it is plundered.
(Check the times in the Event History and you can calculate when the polish-effect ends.)

I think what King Chaos meant was that if we know who polished what object, we would be able to do this. At the moment, if I come back and find that 4 people have polished a variety of objects in my town over a span of, say, 4 hours, I'm not sure which was polished first or last, etc. As such, I know when the polishings will wear off, but I don't know how much happiness I'd have left after the first one wears off. I could lose a Bath, or I could lose an Obelisk.

Though in regards to this, I think it'd be nicer to just / also put a timer on the cultural buildings and decorations to count down how long until the polish expires.

I'm blessed with a great Guild and a great neighbourhood... Meaning, a lot of support... Buildings can only be supported by one player at a time and I soon run out of proper buildings to support. If a player comes late and has to choose between a hut, a tree or do nothing. He don't want to be known as somebody not supporting, so he chooses the hut or the tree. Why should he be "punished" because of that.

I think if you're in an active guild where the people are consistent about polishing / motivating, then it would be understood that there will not always be a bigger building available for polishing / motivating. I know it is in my guild.

DeletedUser1094

I think what King Chaos meant was that if we know who polished what object, we would be able to do this.
Point taken, and yes that would be the only way to do it accurately. But I still think support ought to be done anonymously.

Though in regards to this, I think it'd be nicer to just / also put a timer on the cultural buildings and decorations to count down how long until the polish expires.
I like this idea better... if the timer-display only became visible when you clicked the star. I don't need any more hoovering distractions over my buildings.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.