• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Name Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser7036
  • Start date

DeletedUser7036

Proposal:
to be able to change you name ingame

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
i have checked and dont see anything similar

Reason:
there will probably be alot of people like me who has a name they wish they could change

Details:
well i made my name ingame my real name but now i wish i hadnt, so i think there should be a name change option, it doesnt even have to be free you could give like one name change for free then the rest should be purchased with diamonds

Visual Aids:
dont get this bit?

Balance:
there isnt really a balance for it.

Abuse Prevention:
limited to 1 name change over a period of time

DeletedUser

On a side-note:

Right now there indeed isn't a way to change your ingame name yourself, but if you accidentally used your real name or maybe your email for it, please submit a ticket requesting a change, stating why and maybe to what name instead: right-click anywhere on your village screen, choose support and proceed from there.
The team can see what they can do for you then :)

DeletedUser7036

On a side-note:

Right now there indeed isn't a way to change your ingame name yourself, but if you accidentally used your real name or maybe your email for it, please submit a ticket requesting a change, stating why and maybe to what name instead: right-click anywhere on your village screen, choose support and proceed from there.
The team can see what they can do for you then :)

thanks for your help i will do that later today :)

DeletedUser7099

i would gladly pay some diamonds for a name change, so i think it should be like a option in game.

DeletedUser1094

I can see a reason for a few players, wanting a name-change, like the OP. And for those, the In-Game Ticket feature is sufficient. I don't recall other similar games, where you can change your In-Game name by yourself. Once, you've accepted the name given when you created the account, you're stuck with that.

Personally, I don't see any harm in a "controlled" name-change. In another Forum, it costs to change name... and that prize doubles for every time. Now if that was applied to the Game... Let's say it cost 10000 coins and supplies for the first name-change and then doubles the cost every time... then it quickly becomes too expensive to change and that automatically stops any name-change "abuse".

I'll let this idea float some more... hopefully others have something to say as well.

DeletedUser

I don't recall other similar games, where you can change your In-Game name by yourself. Once, you've accepted the name given when you created the account, you're stuck with that.

Really? I've played a few (mainly mmorpgs but also some strategy based games) where you could either change your name manually (like changing your email address) or could buy special items or tokens to do so.

I like the idea of paying coins (or maybe supplies?) that double in cost every time you choose to change your name. It's a +1 from me for that idea! (the OP might want to add that to ( = edit) the original proposal?)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

Really? I've played a few (mainly mmorpgs but also some strategy based games) where you could either change your name manually
In MMORPGs this is usually done by Game Masters for a cost though, unless your name is abusive or inappropriate.

I like the idea of paying coins (or maybe supplies?) that double in cost every time you choose to change your name.
I think coins would be better than Supplies.
You can accumulate Supplies faster than coins usually, so the 'abuse lock' would be much later. If you have to pay coins, you MUST wait at least an hour for some good income.
A Hut and Rooftile House are done in less than an hour, but still give less than a 1 hour Brownstone House.
The only abuse would be having lots and lots of houses to accumulate gold faster.... to spend it on a name change and be broke again?

Therefor Coins > Supplies.

As for the idea itself.. I don't much see the point in changing your name on a manual basis as often as you want.
It would create very much of a confusion in Guilds and Neighbourhoods.. It could be used to confuse attackers, and I'm not sure if that's considered abuse or strategy..

- L

DeletedUser

The main reason why I mentioned supplies as an alternative to coins was because coins are used to buy almost everything within this game.(Ex.: Forge Points and Expansions)

Regarding MMORPGs, I've never played one where you had to ask a Game Master to change the name for you... But that's me getting off topic again...:D

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser99741

Played a game where a name change was a prize , it worked well albeit useless if youre happy with your name. Allowing players to change their name would lighten the amount of work support has . I can't really see a negative here. If the nominal fee (rising each time) was used it would keep the name changes to a reasonable amount .

DeletedUser112745

Yikes, a necro/zombie thread. XD

Allowing players to change their name would lighten the amount of work support has
From experience, it would actually increase the amount of work, dealing with dozens upon dozens of reports of inappropriate names in every single language on the planet, with this being the International server. Imagine how many people will change their name to BobUrAMuppet or JaneSmellsLikePoop or whatever (got to keep it family friendly here, lol), every time Bob or Jane or whoever plunders them. And yes it’ll happen, even if changing your name costs real money.

DeletedUser99438

It would also create chaos for guild leaders in recruitment phases.