• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Name and shame ghost guild

DeletedUser16126

The ghost guild that was attacking -V- in ME was called "gvg". There was no member of PT in that guild.
And as far as I can remember PT didn't take advantage of the damaged caused by that guild.
It was only mentioned that PT considered to go also ghosting, but that the leaders decided that was not the way PT liked to play.
At that time PT was also victim to ghosting, so it is logical to me that that option has been considered.

DeletedUser99588

@thanatos ... I would request you to read whats written before completely and then please comment in support of the guild complaining if you really wish to...

The members who left the guild to start off on their own ofcourse attacked some LZ's on their own but that had nothing to do with any of the V's Sectors for them to call it as a ghost guild... they were busy on some LZ's which belonged to some other smaller guilds... Anyways the sectors this so called ghost guild attacked had no connection to the sectors we the main guild were attacking or with the complaining guild ....They never even reached next to V's sectors for them to get scared and cry foul on the forums and that's also clearly mentioned in the same post ...

When the so called ghost guild had not affected in anyway to the guild complaining and had been busy the whole of 7 days it existed in some corner of the map minding their own business how can that be called as ghosting I will never understand ... Does creating a separate guild by some members of a guild is immediately termed as a Ghost guild even if it doesn't do anything at all ?? Can't it be that the members had some misunderstanding within the guild which later got cleared and then joined back after the restrictions were lifted??

Doesn't matter which guild they attacked it will be perceived as an act of ghosting especially if the players return straight away after the 7 day guild lock. I find it even more concerning your players were picking on smaller guilds. You seem to be in denial ddevil and it is a poor leader that cannot hold his hands up and say yes these circumstances were not intended but we take responsibility for them as our players were involved.

Maybe you should focus more on a better path going forward rather than blindly defending actions which however you try to spin will always be seen as an act of ghosting by your enemies because when players leave a guild, set-up a temporary guild and go on to attack other guilds it sure looks like a ghost guild to me. I'm not suggesting your enemies are playing the game any fairer than yourselves but no point being in denial about your own guilds actions. Just say 'it happened and we have explained to our members that should it happen again there will not be a place for you in our guild.' That is if you truly are against ghosting because you are asking your enemies to accept your word against the actual evidence of what happened.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Doesn't matter which guild they attacked it will be perceived as an act of ghosting especially if the players return straight away after the 7 day guild lock. I find it even more concerning your players were picking on smaller guilds. You seem to be in denial ddevil and it is a poor leader that cannot hold his hands up and say yes these circumstances were not intended but we take responsibility for them as our players were involved.

Maybe you should focus more on a better path going forward rather than blindly defending actions which however you try to spin will always be seen as an act of ghosting by your enemies because when players leave a guild, set-up a temporary guild and go on to attack other guilds it sure looks like a ghost guild to me. I'm not suggesting your enemies are playing the game any fairer than yourselves but no point being in denial about your own guilds actions. Just say 'it happened and we have explained to our members that should it happen again there will not be a place for you in our guild.' That is if you truly are against ghosting because you are asking your enemies to accept your word against the actual evidence of what happened.

As i already mentioned before please read what has been said before, before posting your comments ...First of all you don't even know whats happening in this part of the world and you come blindly to support someone crying about ghosting without even reading what has been said before... 2 players form a guild and take on some landing zone's held by some other guild which had nothing to do with the main guild and you come here saying it has to be termed as a ghost guild of the main guild... May I know whats the definition of a Ghost guild according to you ??? WHat has that newly formed guild even had to do with the main guild ?? WHats the connection??? Just becoz of 2 ex-members?? Doesn't it sound silly to you ?? And then why the guild which never got affected at all, is crying on the forums about ghosting ?? I would like to know how the ghost guild affected them, from them ?

WHy should the Main guild bother about what an ex-member does when he's out of the guild as long as it does not affect the main guild's purpose ?? They attacked where they were able to and as long as that did not have any connection with the main guild why should we be bothered ?? How do you think can i go controlling a player who's out of the guild and on their own?? Those members had the respect for the PT and thats why they never tried interfere into the Main guild's business ... Its only when they are back into the guild that we should see how they handle themselves ... If you had read the previous replies you would have known that we as PT did accept that players did go out of the guild for ghosting ..and they were stopped by PT immediately and asked not to interfere any matters of PT on the GvG Map... which the members accepted and followed till they were out of the guild ...

DeletedUser16126

I reread this thread...
It's indicated that this thread is about ghosting in FD...
But NO this thread is on damaging PT and MAZ, using ghosting as an excuse...
If this thread is about ghosting, why is the guildname Archangels not yet mentioned in this thread???
Or all the different guilds from all those loonely wolfs that were active at one point in time????
I will not put the names, because I will probably forget some and I don't want to point my finger to specific creatures.
Now you are keeping complaining of 1 person who already indicated 25 times he made a mistake...
If you had soo serious problems with what happened in ME more than 1,5 years agoo, why didn't you brought it up then?????

The real story is that PT wiped -V- at least twice from the map, using decent fighting techniques. And -V- is soo frustrated about this....

Apart of this do you find it fair play that -V- tried to setup an alliance focusing on damaging PT particularly???
I was invited to join that alliance... but said NO...
It seems -V- cannot beat them at all in a fair fight, so they try to damage them in an unfair blaming campaign.

DeletedUser99588

@ddevil, you are in denial. You didn't stop them as they attacked smaller guilds. Your words not mine. Your making this just about PT, Maz and V whereas the discussion is about ghosting in Fel. Your players whether you can bring yourself to admit it ghosted other guilds and by the sounds of it weaker ones. I have read back through and cannot see anything that changes this fact. You may not have authorised it but by bringing those players back into the guild after those actions you were in essence condoning it and as a guild should accept responsibility for it.

@Jouchka, there isn't anything stopping others talking about other Fel guilds ghosting. Feel free to do so. As Tank put constrictions on this thread I'm unable to discuss the goings on in other worlds that reflect in part what is going on in Fel.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL... @Thanatos, Seriously?? I would like to know the definition of a Ghost guild from you ?? Do tell me ... A newly formed small guild of 2 members attacking a smaller guild of 60-70 members having just about 1 or 2 LZ sectors on the map is wrong?? A 2 members guild attacking on some landing zone sectors on their own without any support or any connection to any other guild is ghosting ??? Please do tell me the definition of Ghosting again please ??

So accroding to you any player who attacked any LZ sectors just for battle points should not be taken into any guild if that guild don't want to be known as Ghosting?? Is that what you are trying to say ?? WHats there to deny when I said they did attack some guilds on their own ?? How can it be that as PT ghosting ??

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

I prefer to use the term ghosting rather than ghost guild as things have evolved over the course of time since GvG started. Ghosting for me is where one or more players leave their main guild and temporarily join another guild or create a new one with the purpose of attacking other guilds.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I prefer to use the term ghosting rather than ghost guild as things have evolved over the course of time since GvG started. Ghosting for me is where one or more players leave their main guild and temporarily join another guild or create a new one with the purpose of attacking other guilds.

Attacking other guilds "with the purpose of helping its main guild" ...that what I thought was called ghosting till now ...did not know they changed it ... and the new definition according to u is that any member leaving a guild attacking any guild they want just for the heck of it has to be termed as ghosting of the main guild they left ...

DeletedUser99588

Attacking other guilds "with the purpose of helping its main guild" ...that what I thought was called ghosting till now ...did not know they changed it ... and the new definition according to u is that any member leaving a guild attacking any guild they want just for the heck of it has to be termed as ghosting of the main guild they left ...

That is part of the problem ddevil we all have differing views at what ghosting is but those small guilds your players attacked I'm sure will consider it as ghosting. Whether it is of benefit to the main guild is moot to those on the receiving end of it.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Those Smaller guilds were attacked by a 2-member guild which was not anyway related to PT at all except that those players belonged to PT some time before ... So how's that considered as PT ghosting ...PT never helped that 2-member guild to take those sectors ?? Also those smaller guilds are being called small bcoz they were having just about 1 or 2 sectors on the map for themselves and were only on the LZ all the time ...They were not some guild holding a lot of sectors for them to be affected hugely for want of lots of goods to retaliate back... and being a small guild themselves both in size and resources the so-called Ghost guild of PT could afford to attack only small guilds ...It was almost a battle of equals if you dont take the number of members into account ... Bcoz this is a 2-member guild we are talking about and the guilds they attacked had atleast more than 30 members in them ....By the way What did u expect them to do ?? Just sit and watch the screen while they waited for them to be taken back into the main guild ?? What that 2 member guild was doing had no connection with PT ... been telling this for the umpteenth time now and i don't understand why some people can never understand this one simple thing... it can be a ghost guild for all it matters but not of PT ... it did nothing for PT and PT did nothing for it to be connected ...

Anyways how's that even related to this discussion here ?? As I was thinking all the while this whole discussion was about PT ghosting on V to wipe them off the map?? If its about general ghosting I would not be even bothered to reply in this as it does not concern me or my guild ....

DeletedUser99588

Well ddevil take your own advice and read the thread from the beginning including Tank's post near the start of it. There you will find it is a general discussion limited to guilds in the world of Fel.

I keep reading your posts and what I see is that two players that were in your guild left, started a new guild and attacked other guilds and then returned after the 7 day lock. I find it very hard to understand why you would think others witnessing it and those on the receiving end of it would not see this as ghosting.

If another guild did this to you would you believe it to be ghosting? If they said the players did it of their own back would you believe it and would that appease you? Or would you be somewhat sceptical especially when said players are once again part of the main guild. Maybe you would be wondering if one of your enemies had put them up to it.

Although the simple truth may well be what you have stated it doesn't change the fact that they acted like a ghost guild. If they had sat in the guild and not attacked anyone then yes it would be fair to say it wasn't a ghost guild but sadly by your own admission they did attack.

This cannot be changed but it sounds like a single incident and it's a shame it has been discussed so much but that is very much down to your denial of it being ghosting. If you had taken responsibility for it the discussion would have been over and most would have seen it as something that isn't the norm for your guild and the focus would have been on the actions of Maz and V.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I m telling you again my dear friend... the guilds they attacked had been nowhere near PT sectors or the point in discussion guild V's sectors... they were at the far end of a Landing Zone where they were doing what they thought would them give some points ... the Guilds which were attacked will in no way think / feel that its a ghost guild of PT becoz there was absltly no connection ...Not even a chance of the main guild PT reaching them even if they wanted ... For all you know those guilds might also are on the map for the same purpose of gaining some battle points for themselves whenever they feel like ... Some of the guilds who were attacked by these 2 member guild are on good terms with the Player who attacked them ... Thats why I am telling you since you don't belong to this world you wouldn't be knowing what actually happened ... Its easy to misunderstand from what is written over here ... But as i already pointed out this whole discussion was about Some guild called V complaining about another guild called PT ghosting to wipe them off the map .... And I will have to deny that completely as nothing of that sort happened and I am only denying that from the time this thread has been started till you joined in to take it in some other direction with applying your generalizing of ghosting definitions...... I dont care if u want to call that 2 member guild was ghosting or not ... Not my concern ... PT was not ghosting and I would deny that anytime and everytime because it was not ...

DeletedUser99588

Are you having a problem with your keyboard. Seems to produce three full stops at a time :confused:

There are no misunderstandings ddevil just your unwillingness to face facts. PT players were involved in ghosting another guild. It is quite simple and all guilds could claim their players did it of their own back and nothing to do with the main guild but that would not hold much weight to those on the receiving end. Otherwise all guilds would just let their players go of and do it and then shrug their shoulders and say nothing to do with us. Leaders have to take responsibility for the actions of the guild and its members. You obviously do not like the fact it occurred but it doesn't change the fact it did and the guild as a whole condoned it by accepting those responsible back into the fold.

The only think lacking is the humility to accept it.

DeletedUser16126

I just want to remind that ghosting at the time of ME and ghosting now is something completely different!
At the time of ME people were jumping in and out a guild without any problem.
All big players jumped out of the guild when they could do easy fighting by killing sieges in the landing zone or attack sectors with hardly any defense boost. Now most guilds have a decent defense boost.

At that time it was not fighting with Ghost guilds as it is done now...
The game has evolved, so making a specific case of something that happened 1,5 year ago with players that have been booted from the guild in the meantime is not really fair.

Maybe it was not played that way on the server you were playing thanatos100, but that is what I think ddevils means when he states that you shall not judge if you don't know the history of the server we are currently talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

I just want to remind that ghosting at the time of ME and ghosting now is something completely different!
At the time of ME people were jumping in and out a guild without any problem.
All big players jumped out of the guild when they could do easy fighting by killing sieges in the landing zone or attack sectors with hardly any defense boost. Now most guilds have a decent defense boost.

At that time it was not fighting with Ghost guilds as it is done now...
The game has evolved, so making a specific case of something that happened 1,5 year ago with players that have been booted from the guild in the meantime is not really fair.

Maybe it was not played that way on the server you were playing thanatos100, but that is what I think ddevils means when he states that you shall not judge if you don't know the history of the server we are currently talking about.

I'm confused, this did occur after the 7 day guild lock was introduced, didn't it? In which case it hasn't been 1.5 years since the incident took place. Just because many were doing it doesn't mean it wasn't ghosting but I do admit its relevance is diluted if further occurrences haven't happened since over a significant period of time. Denying it was an act of ghosting seems preposterous and futile to me and just reflects poorly on the guild as a whole. I think greater respect is given for those that admit to mistakes being made but then make a concious effort to ensure that behaviour isn't repeated. It seems from what has been said the latter half, which is arguably the most important has been implemented but failure to recognise the former is just denial and suggests egos are dominating the discussion. I think pretty much all guilds that are successful in GvG have these moments to contend with and its not unique to one guild or world.

Unfortunately ghosting is part of the game and maybe unintended by the developers but they have done little to actually stop it. They have implemented some changes which actually aided it and some that have made it harder, well harder for guilds without many fighters. Seems to me they are happy for it to occur but want to limit the occurrences. It's almost as if the changes in GvG are being dictated by the top guilds and I'm not necessarily suggesting those are from the UK server.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
If those smaller guilds feel they have been ghosted by PT let them come on this and complain themselves... I don't really understand why would you, thanatos, who doesn't even play on this world' and don't know anything what has been happening, would be coming here talking on those smaller guild's behalf about whom you dont even know anything, while the whole discussion till now had been only about V being ghosted by PT ...atleast thats what the OP was all about ??

And again as many have already said Just like plundering is supposed to be part of the game Ghosting is also very much a part of the game ... Its very much part of the war tactics ... I dont understand why players think plundering is good while ghosting is dirty ... Atleast ghosting is done with the same age units and same age goods while plundering can be done with a much higher age player plundering a lower age player and still considered to be fair play ...

PT strongly does not believe in Ghosting and thats the only reason why I have been arguing on this all this while ... It would not have been wrong / illegal to say "yes we ghosted and will do it again" ...But then when we dont do it as a principle and did not do it, its wrong for players to blame the guild PT just becoz they are angry for losing badly to us ... Its simply a silly argument to come here again and again try to prove PT ghosted V to wipe them off without giving the exact details of how it was done ... And thanatos while your discussion might be good for general discussion about ghosting IMHO doesnt match here as this was about a particular guild complaining about another guild's ghosting ....My replies were only to that effect ....

If according to you PT ghosted well good for you ....It doesn't really matter to me what you make out of all this as you nowhere belong to the world we are in ....I don't really have to answer your arguments which you seem to enjoy a lot doing on the forums ...its funny to see your name seems to pop-up on very thread thats opened on this forums in recent times ...Looks like you like to be more on the forums than in the game, arguing with anybody and everybody even if it doesn't has to do anything with you ... I am not really interested in that .... So You may continue with what you want gather from all this and I will be talking only to those concerned with the topic at hand from now on... If you have problem with punctuation marks i am using then why bother argue with me in the first place ...thats how i like to type and thats how i will do it...:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser15977

For the record there is only 2 occasions were we have attacked PT as a guild, and on both those occasions PT members broke away from PT and formed ghost guilds and the first occasion there were 2 possibly 3 ghost guilds... so 2 out of 2 occasions PT members resorted to ghosting... I am only aware of one other guild who dared to attack PT and I wonder what PT members would have done if they were not in deep territory and had access to LZ's,

Jouchka your memory is as distorted as PT's.

As for the claim that our guild acts like a ghost guild is just ridiculous, we attack as one guild, if we fail we try again, and again. That's what GvG is about Guild against Guild except two of those top guilds, that we dare to attack, resort to ghosting and MAZ being the most prolific, YOU are the sore loosers, we enjoy the fight. There will come a time when we can hold our own and we will keep trying and testing you.

DeletedUser7719

For the record there is only 2 occasions were we have attacked PT as a guild
You have been constantly attacking us in the PE and TE before you and PK double-teamed us, so that is a straight-up lie.
, and on both those occasions PT members broke away from PT and formed ghost guilds and the first occasion there were 2 possibly 3 ghost guilds... so 2 out of 2 occasions PT members resorted to ghosting...
If you have read the previous responses (and from your own knowledge), ME either did not consist of us at all and only MPT, or you guys attacked us when we sent our fighters to help MCE from an unfair situation, and you jumped on us then, so we retaliated because of that.
On TE, our "ghost" guild didn't take a single sector from your guild, so what effect did it have?!?
I am only aware of one other guild who dared to attack PT and I wonder what PT members would have done if they were not in deep territory and had access to LZ's,
These are all the attacks I can remember (and I'm sure there was more):
CA - we are currently being attacked by a guild. We have not ghosted or showed any signs of ghosting
InA - We started the province by taking some of DBs sectors. Another random guild attacked us, and we either took one sector back, or didn't care at all. We later attacked DB and took many of their sectors, they retaliated, and now we are in the current position
PE - You started attacking us, and we have never ghosted. We have been attacked by a few guilds here as well.
ME - (Not including you guys) we have been attacked by Independent, DB, and some other random guild, but never ghosted.
PME - We attacked the Academy, and they retaliated. We never ghosted them. During recent times, Bunnies have attacked us, but we never ghosted.
CE - There was a large fight between us and PK for sectors, we eventually agreed to stop fighting and we made a boundary (we never ghosted here). Iterium came in somewhat recently, and only aimed to attack us even though BU's sectors were at 0%. We went back and forth a few times (costing us over 50 000 goods), and eventually kicked them out, but we never ghosted.
TE - We came, we were still expanding, so we attacked you guys (since you were determined to constantly attack us in the PE), and kicked you off the map. We then kicked out Bunnies as well since we needed to do something with our goods. You came back in and constantly attacked us at that point, but we never ghosted. Then you and PK double-teamed us, and two of our members broke away. [Insert all previous replies on this matter]

That's what GvG is about Guild against Guild except two of those top guilds, that we dare to attack, resort to ghosting
How would you know how other top guilds would react? Maybe you should try constantly attacking them for months and see ;)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@Pugsport what you are talking is nonsense ... Nothing but nonsense ... You have been attacking us in almost all the maps we have sectors in starting from CA till TE ...its been happening for a long time now ....ANd you are claiming its only 2 occasions you have attacked us ... Even recently you took sectors of ours on PE map...it has been on going from the time GvG has started ... There have been various guilds asking us what has V got so much against PT that they are so obsessive about destroying PT on GvG maps... and here on the forums you desperately want to show how good your guild is ... How you are in no way hurting PT while PT has been doing all the bad things ...LOL... We have never resorted to Ghosting in any of the maps .... Again your claim that no other guild has attacked us is also nonsense ... We have been in fights against various other guilds in different maps ... If you are not aware of it, doesnt mean it never happened .. We had a tougher battle against with your own friendly guild PK on CE map ... we did not resort to ghosting at that time ...if you wish to check please check with them ... We had to battle with DB too in the past for sectors ...never tried ghosting with them ... We had also confrontation with The Academy and never tried to gain upper hand with ghosting ...and a few more guilds when we had to expand sectors ....they are all better and bigger guilds .... when we did not resort to ghosting with all those why do u think we would do with a guild like V ???... Do you really think PT would be needing a ghost guild to defeat a guild like V??? ...LOL.... We have beaten you in every map you tried to attack us without using any ghost guild...and that includes TE...

And about the old incident if you can tell me what the ghost guild at that time did to your sectors i would like to hear that ... At that time the discussion happened between me and SKa beat ... Your guild took advantage when our members had gone out of the guild to help another guild ... And while returning back those members formed just one guild to attack your sectors which Ska beat complained to me and I had immediately stopped them from doing it ...So in effect none of you sectors were even damaged .... I even replied to Ska Beat telling him those members will be returning back to the main guild with immediate effect and his sectors are safe for which he thanked me ... I was gracious enough to call them back immediately inspite of your guild taking advantage of our vulnerability at that time ... You can go on saying anything you want about what happened in the past ...doesn't mean that has to be the truth ...I would want SKa beat around when we are talking about the old incident .... bcoz it was he who had come to me at that time and I was the one who replied to him ... If he's not well Let's not talk about the old incident till he joins in and only talk about what's happened just now ... If you still want to go around talking about the old incident please go on ..I will not be bothered to reply to any of your claims as they will have no merit at all ...

Now coming back to your claims about the recent Ghosting I have been asking to all the different members of V coming on this this thread including you from the time you started this thread ....What did that Ghost guild exactly do ? How did it effect / affect your losing the battle with PT?? I don't see anybody even attempting to reply to that question while your leader SKA beat just casually replied saying what they did or didn't do is irrelevant to your guild ... If it's irrelevant why are we all even discussing about it ?? :confused:

Last edited:

DeletedUser15482

ddevil the reason for the discussion is the question of ghosting and yes you have every right to defend what your guild has or has not done. It seems to me that you have got so wound up by in defending the question of whether the ghost guild existed and what practical impact it had or didn't have is irrelevant. There is the use of and deliberate employment of ghost guilds by one particular guild who sees nothing wrong in the employment of such tactics and seems to almost revel in this as part of their game play. Do you think this is an acceptable part of the game? A simple yes or no would establish which side of the debate you stand.

Can you also please limit, as Thanatos100 suggested, keep your full stops to just the .