• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Name and shame ghost guild

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Why? PvP is about attacking other players. The plunder option could be considered as 'harassing' players but is has been an integral part of the game since I first started playing (over three years ago).

If guilds (like players) want to have fun by attacking in GvG then so be it - it's all part of the game....and as I said before, an established and long-time guild who doesn't have many sectors isn't a GG - it's just a long-time guild with few sectors who have elected to play that way.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I never said that the guild was doing anything illegal ...Did I Mrbeef??.. I never said it was wrong too ... if thats the way they want to play then they should not be coming on the forums crying foul if some other guild does the same thing to them ... Because just as plundering players in PvP is legal Ghosting is also very much legal ...in this game ...and you can very well say an integral part of the game ... SO why come and cry about it and make a big fuss about it trying to sound as if they are the most righteous guild around ??..... I only said that if they want respect from other guilds then they should change their ways of playing this game ... its always their choice how they want to play their game and how their guild should be looked upon by others ...and again It was only a suggestion ... Nothing wrong in suggesting I guess mrbeef??

DeletedUser103155

@ddevil A lot of what you are saying is arrogant and nonsensical. You say "If the guild V was an honorable guild and was serious about whatever they were trying to do / achieve in GvG I do think other guilds would have given them the respect they would deserve ...".
Why should any guild respect any other? Just cause you guys have loads of sectors why should all other guilds respect you?.
Are you saying that the top 4 guilds in this world should not be attacked?
I think you guys are upset because we had the audacity and bravery to take you guys on.
I think your guilds problem is that you have become arrogant of your guilds ranking and you guys expect everyone to bow down before you.
If you wish to suggest a sector where we can land peacefully and upset no guild or harass no one then I and everyone else would love to know where it exists and we will leave you guys in your bubble.
I would also like to state that -V- is one of the Longest standing guilds in Fel-d, We have put a lot of effort into this guild and have a lot of home grown players who we have helped up through the ranks we run a very good organisation.
Lastly we are always on the lookout for new members to come and join us and help have a go at these elitists who think they have a divine right to own the lions share.
556 days of the same guild being top and the top 4 has hardly changed in 3 years..........Boring we are going to try and change this..... fairly I might add.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@ddevil A lot of what you are saying is arrogant and nonsensical. You say "If the guild V was an honorable guild and was serious about whatever they were trying to do / achieve in GvG I do think other guilds would have given them the respect they would deserve ...".
Why should any guild respect any other? Just cause you guys have loads of sectors why should all other guilds respect you?.
Are you saying that the top 4 guilds in this world should not be attacked?
I think you guys are upset because we had the audacity and bravery to take you guys on.
I think your guilds problem is that you have become arrogant of your guilds ranking and you guys expect everyone to bow down before you.
If you wish to suggest a sector where we can land peacefully and upset no guild or harass no one then I and everyone else would love to know where it exists and we will leave you guys in your bubble.
I would also like to state that -V- is one of the Longest standing guilds in Fel-d, We have put a lot of effort into this guild and have a lot of home grown players who we have helped up through the ranks we run a very good organisation.
Lastly we are always on the lookout for new members to come and join us and help have a go at these elitists who think they have a divine right to own the lions share.
556 days of the same guild being top and the top 4 has hardly changed in 3 years..........Boring we are going to try and change this..... fairly I might add.

LOL... Arrogant?? Which part of that message did u find arrogant ?? Where did i even mention about not attacking anybody ??? And i was talking about giving respect to your guild as a guild ... there was nothing about giving respect to my guild or respect as in bowing down to the top guilds ....there are many guilds who dont even have sectors on the map and still they are being respected as a guild ...Seriously did u even read the message completely before replying ?? By the way you guys have a scant respect as a guild if you did not know it already ...Most of them are calling your guild a Ghost guild ... Your guild has just been made a fool of themselves on this forum... and you do think you still can come on this forum talking big about your guild ?? LOL...and also advertise having vacancy in your guild in a thread you had actually started to whine ???...LOL

When did any guild say other guilds have to bow down in front of them ?? LOL... Does any of the top guild's profile proclaim anything like that or even anything about being a top guild ?? But i Know who's guild profile has a stupid message like "a guild that wants to bring down the bigger guilds" ...LOL ... its called V ...your guild .... now who do u think looks arrogant and silly ?? ... What according to you and your nonsensical guild ideology do you think made those guilds on the top of the ranking?? What do you think makes a guild big or small ?? What do you think made that particular guild stay on top for so many days ?? MAZ is a guild of just 35 members and still have enough sectors on most of the maps and is also one of the top ranking guilds ?? what do you think made them reach that level?? Effort my dear friend .. Hope you and your guild knows the meaning of it...Those guilds that worked hard to fight in the GvG stay at top ...those guild that struggle to maintain those sectors they had gained stay at top ... You are of course open to attack any of us anytime...Whosoever asked you not to do that ?? Did any guild threaten you or talk to you about not attacking them ?? WHat makes you think we are arrogant ?? Just because we have got more sectors ??... When a New era starts no sectors are given to anybody free of cost ... everybody has to fight it out ... everybody is equal at that time ... the guilds which you see have got so many sectors are the guilds that took a sincere effort in winning those sectors through hard struggle among many other guilds who also tried to gain sectors for themselves at that time... Who asked you not to try ?? Do come and try as much as you guys want ...thats what GvG's all about ...isnt it ??

By the way why should I tell you guys where you should land (peacefully?????) and how you should be progressing on the maps ?? I am sure your leaders have got enough brains to think of all that .. if you think they dont have it ask them to dissolve the guild and go join other guilds where they and all you guys can learn how to play GvG ....

DeletedUser16126

Why should any guild respect any other?
Respect doesn't mean that you cannot attack eachother, I attacked many guilds I have respect for. But respect is something you need to get by the way you play, it has nothing to do with ranking... At one day BoB lost 3 sectors to NH in CE. I'm not proud that that happened, but it deserves respect if you see how efficient they fought.
If you think that you can gain respect by trying to set up other guilds against your enemy (that defeated you) by putting things in the context that suits you most, then I think that you are dramatically failing, and like ddevil indicates, you are just making it worse...

DeletedUser15977

@ddevil

In my original post I have made a true and accurate statement, you seem to have gone overboard trying to justify and defend yourself and your Guild, you talked a lot of garbage, made many statements based on your assumptions, you have said a lot which is of no real relevance and very subjective and a classic case of an attempt at misdirection.

Do you realise that in every post you have made you have consistantly, name called, mocked and tried to goad or enflame a response, you have displayed many traits of an arrogant egotist includinghaving a selective memory of past events and you are clearly trying to misdirect the "readers" by verbaly attacking and mocking us, our members and our Guild.

Shame on you for responding in such an immature and child like manner.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@ddevil

In my original post I have made a true and accurate statement, you seem to have gone overboard trying to justify and defend yourself and your Guild, you talked a lot of garbage, made many statements based on your assumptions, you have said a lot which is of no real relevance and very subjective and a classic case of an attempt at misdirection.

Do you realise that in every post you have made you have consistantly, name called, mocked and tried to goad or enflame a response, you have displayed many traits of an arrogant egotist includinghaving a selective memory of past events and you are clearly trying to misdirect the "readers" by verbaly attacking and mocking us, our members and our Guild.

Shame on you for responding in such an immature and child like manner.

Well May I know whats accurate about your post?? When the leader of your Guild accepted the fact that the so-called GG of PT never did anything at all while your Opening post says that PT along with "its GG" wiped off V's sectors ...is that accurate ?? Ok if thats the case then you tell me how many sectors did the so called GG of PT took from you guys ?? ... How did it affect your guild in losing all your sectors on the TE map both on the north and south side when you tried to attack us again?? By the way we did not attack "your sectors" ...You had jumped onto our sectors and took them from us which we took it back from you.... Even that's also not accurate in the first place... Maybe you do not remember correctly you never had anything on TE map until you sneaked onto some of our sectors with the help of your friendly guild... And I have been name calling you and all your guild is because of your childishness way of whining on the forums for losing so very badly to us ...giving a silly reason which never happened in real ... You post some nonsense about my guild, naming my guild, wanting to shame my guild and you expect me to be very nice to you ?? Well then look somewhere Mate ..I ain't that person ....

Your original Post :

Recently on Fel world in TE Private Trading attacked us and took most of our sectors, we retaliated and took several sectors from them, then their Ghost Guild came out and between them they wiped us off the map, their Ghost Guild had 2 members and were soon joined by a 3rd player from MAZ.

Your Guild Leader's Reply to my question of what did the so-called "GG" of PT do exactly on the map :

As for the recent gg, it is irrelevant what they did or didn't do to us, it is the principle of the matter of gg's.... one being formed by a Leader/Diplomat who previously deplored gg's.

Now please tell me who's accurate?? By the way I have also been very accurate in whatever i have said about you and your guild in all the posts I written here ... If you feel I was not accurate please enlighten me ... You tried to shame my guild for no apparent reason and I am only giving it back to you and your guild...

About the old incident I don't think you have any right to talk about it as you did not know what happened between me and your guild leader ... And I don't change facts mate as seen from these posts itself on recent happenings ... Its your guild's habit of trying to change / twists the facts for your own benefit ... I have given a very clear picture of what happened at that time and how it all happened on this thread ... If i was wrong your guild leader wouldn't have gone quite about it ... I and he know very well what happened at that time ...so its better you do not even talk about it ... it has absolutely got nothing to do with you ... Everybody on FelD knows about your guild very well including the guilds whom you think as your friends / allies ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser15977

Well May I know whats accurate about your post?? When the leader of your Guild accepted the fact that the so-called GG of PT never did anything at all

He didn't accept any such statement, you are trying to "spin", try reading what he wrote, Ska said "it is irrelevant what they did or didn't do"

There is no acceptance in that statement he made. He was making the point about the "principle" of ghosting, not what actions they did or didn't take.

By the way we did not attack "your sectors" ...You had jumped onto our sectors and took them from us which we took it back from you.... Even that's also not accurate in the first place... Maybe you do not remember correctly you never had anything on TE map until you sneaked onto some of our sectors with the help of your friendly guild

Now you really are showing that your memory is selective, or just plain bad... we have been in TE from day 1 we were the 3rd Guild to make a landing we occupied sectors 49,61 across to the coast, 49,62 across to 55,62 and 51,63 across to 53,63 + some other coastal sectors... we were very happy there for many months... Then you barged in and took approx 8 sectors from us, and several from bunnies. We sat quiet for while then you had another go at us so we retaliated and took several back... THEN your gg broke out SO who's the fool now, you have again clearly proved you cannot get facts straight, is it a bad or selective memory or do you blatantly lie, spin, in an attempt to make us look bad?

And I have been name calling you and all your guild is because of your childishness way of whining on the forums for losing so very badly to us ...giving a silly reason which never happened in real ... You post some nonsense about my guild, naming my guild, wanting to shame my guild and you expect me to be very nice to you ?? Well then look somewhere Mate ..I ain't that person ....

We have not been "whining" we have made factual statements complaining about ghosting, we have not lost badly we are just angry at those who resort to ghosting and your Hypocrisy

About the old incident I don't think you have any right to talk about it as you did not know what happened between me and your guild leader ... And I don't change facts mate as seen from these posts itself on recent happenings ... Its your guild's habit of trying to change / twists the facts for your own benefit ... I have given a very clear picture of what happened at that time and how it all happened on this thread ... If i was wrong your guild leader wouldn't have gone quite about it ... I and he know very well what happened at that time ...so its better you do not even talk about it ... it has absolutely got nothing to do with you ... Everybody on FelD knows about your guild very well including the guilds whom you think as your friends / allies ...

I have every right to talk about the previous incident, I was there, and again you seem to have some kind "canfabulation"

Definition:
Confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory disturbance, defined as the production of fabricated, distorted or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive.

Just to clear up Ska's lack of input, he is currently not in good health.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Why is it irrelevant when you guys felt that they were the main tool in wiping out the complete V's sectors?? May I know that ?? is that something to be called irrelevant??? Well then why dont u say what the GG of PT did ?? How many sectors they took from you ?? Just answer that ...been asking you that question from the time you started your whine ....you keep saying the GG broke out but dont say actually how many sectors they took from you or what they did exactly ... What would you do if I say that PT and those 2 members had some misunderstanding and so they left our guild and started their own ?? What would you have in reply for that ?? Do u have anything that says they were PT's GG except for the fact that 2 of PTs members started it ???

Yes In the very initial stages we did take sectors which you had ...(happy??? many months?? LOL)... well that whats Guild vs Guild is all about right ? trying to take sectors from each other ....But this time when this whole incident happened you had taken the sectors which we were holding ...you never had any at this particular time and we as PT took it back from you guys ...not with any other guild's help ... And not surely with the so-called GG's help... the so called GG you complain about never did anything at all ... It has been time and again proved on this very same thread ... You can keep harping about it as much as you want ... But the fact is your guild lost badly to PT ... and being bad losers you are just not able to digest that fact... Suck it up and move on ...

I m sorry to hear he's not well .. but on the day when I replied to him he was actually very much on this forum and online too ( you can actually see that, you know??? LOL) ... I m sure he read the replies but never replied back ... So maybe he's not being well today but on that day he was very well on this forum ... Please do not twist things for your benefit ...

DeletedUser7719

Now you really are showing that your memory is selective, or just plain bad... we have been in TE from day 1 we were the 3rd Guild to make a landing we occupied sectors 49,61 across to the coast, 49,62 across to 55,62 and 51,63 across to 53,63 + some other coastal sectors... we were very happy there for many months... Then you barged in and took approx 8 sectors from us, and several from bunnies. We sat quiet for while then you had another go at us so we retaliated and took several back... THEN your gg broke out SO who's the fool now, you have again clearly proved you cannot get facts straight, is it a bad or selective memory or do you blatantly lie, spin, in an attempt to make us look bad?
To be more accurate, we kicked you guys off the map within the first 3 weeks the Tomorrow Era was introduced (I remember that specifically since I supplied at least 75% of the goods at that time). The reason why we went after you was because we wanted to expand and you've always been taking sectors from us on other provinces anyways. You came back in later (don't remember if it was a few days or weeks), and settled in the area next to us, with more sectors than before. Then you continued to attack us little-by-little the next few months, and we retaliated (taking our sectors back initially then an extra one or two before the big attack). Then recently we had this massive attack by you and PK, which is what we are currently discussing.

DeletedUser108165

We've seen the best of MAZ during the past few days.

This thread is not about winning or losing land.
Its a war game, where wins and losses are part and parcel of the daily routine.

This thread is about Ghosting.
There was a thread created in 2014 looking to brainstorm about this issue, but with little response.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24960-Guild-Wars-Proposition

Many Guilds see Ghosting as the scourge of GvG, not only in this world, but in other worlds also.

MAZ know very well what they have been doing.
Their ghost Babe laid continuous sieges on our HQ in TE for around 1 hour, and this is a tactic to drain troops so that the main Guild can attack without much difficulty.

How can we say that its a MAZ Ghost?
Look the at links below:

http://en6.foedb.com/players/kraljmilutin/Guilds
http://en6.foedb.com/players/gvoja/Guilds
http://en6.foedb.com/players/taso123/Guilds
http://en6.foedb.com/players/dpantic987/Guilds
http://en6.foedb.com/players/frankvogels/Guilds ---> Just joined Babe Guild, and appears to be a player recently created, maybe last night.

Do we accept Ghosting within this game or fight it?

DeletedUser108165

Interestingly, Frank Vogels no longer forms part of Babe guild.
Could be a sign that Babe is going to disappear soon!

DeletedUser11787

all is fair in love and war, we´ll do anything and everything to protect our land

DeletedUser16126

This thread is about Ghosting.
Do we accept Ghosting within this game or fight it?
This thread was about a certain guild, that hardly can be accused about ghosting ... and this guild was not MAZ...
So who is going off-topic?

As long as -V- has the same behavior as any ghost guild. I think it's fair to give them the same treatment.
If you don't play a fair game, then don't expect to be treated fair....

DeletedUser108165

This thread was about a certain guild, that hardly can be accused about ghosting ... and this guild was not MAZ...
So who is going off-topic?

As long as -V- has the same behavior as any ghost guild. I think it's fair to give them the same treatment.
If you don't play a fair game, then don't expect to be treated fair....

Jouchka, the initial discussion was about Ghosting, not about a particular Guild, and the names were of those Guilds who had done Ghosting.
PT have accepted some of their members having ghosted, and even MAZ accepted it. (See marbellamim's comments above).
Aside from being an ex-PT member, and obvious ally of this Guild, I believe you should be more objective in your comments.

And concerning -V-, can you give an occasion where its members broke from the original Guild to lay sieges and gain sectors at low cost, and hand over these to the main Guild?
Or does Ghosting now also means that a Guild which tries to gain land in a particular sector, but loses the same to Ghosting tactic, and tries again is considered as a Ghost also?

DeletedUser16126

Jouchka, the initial discussion was about Ghosting, not about a particular Guild, and the names were of those Guilds who had done Ghosting.
PT have accepted some of their members having ghosted, and even MAZ accepted it. (See marbellamim's comments above).
Aside from being an ex-PT member, and obvious ally of this Guild, I believe you should be more objective in your comments.

And concerning -V-, can you give an occasion where its members broke from the original Guild to lay sieges and gain sectors at low cost, and hand over these to the main Guild?
Or does Ghosting now also means that a Guild which tries to gain land in a particular sector, but loses the same to Ghosting tactic, and tries again is considered as a Ghost also?

If I read that only PT and MAZ are ghosting, then I for sure must laugh!
I know several other guilds that ghosted on a much larger scale!
So your analysis is just intended to harm your enemies instead of giving a fair view.

Ghosting is not the only dirty way to play GvG.
But -V- is playing in TE like a ghost guild would play, so I find that even more dangerous than a real ghost guild!

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
PT have accepted some of their members having ghosted

When and who from PT accepted that they have ghosted ?? Either you don't know how to read whatever is written properly or you just twisting the facts as you want them to be just to prove you guys are correct...

Read and Understand this if you can .... PT NEVER GHOSTED... Couple of members left the main guild, whatever the purpose it maybe for, but they never ghosted any Guild or anywhere on any maps... that's the only thing that's being said in this thread ...Nowhere it was accepted by anybody that PT ghosted ...

If you do feel that PT ghosted then I would like to know where they ghosted and how many sectors did V lost to the ghost guild ...Or at the very least Do tell what did the ghost guild ever do on the map? Been asking this question from the day this stupid thread had been started and yet to receive a reply for that from any of the V members...

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

@ddevil

I haven't read back through but I'm sure it said somewhere those players attacked for 'PvP' points. Just because they didn't take a sector doesn't mean it wasn't an act of ghosting if they attacked and weakened an enemies sectors(s). I do appreciate that sometimes members go of and do things of their own back and isn't sanctioned by the main guild. However it is only natural for your enemies to interpret such actions as ghosting as in effect it is ghosting. When you welcomed those players back into your fold although the acts weren't sanctioned you were in effect accepting responsibility for those acts.

A difficult decision but most guilds would have made the same one and accepted the players back but at the same time you need to also accept with that your guild has unwittingly took part in an act of ghosting.

None of the guilds involved will get anything from raking up past events. Maybe you should all focus on a code of conduct going forward although that may not be possible considering the statement made by MAZ and the playing style of 'V'.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@ddevil

I haven't read back through but I'm sure it said somewhere those players attacked for 'PvP' points. Just because they didn't take a sector doesn't mean it wasn't an act of ghosting if they attacked and weakened an enemies sectors(s). I do appreciate that sometimes members go of and do things of their own back and isn't sanctioned by the main guild. However it is only natural for your enemies to interpret such actions as ghosting as in effect it is ghosting. When you welcomed those players back into your fold although the acts weren't sanctioned you were in effect accepting responsibility for those acts.

A difficult decision but most guilds would have made the same one and accepted the players back but at the same time you need to also accept with that your guild also has to accept it unwittingly took part in an act of ghosting.

None of the guilds involved will get anything from raking up past events. Maybe you should all focus on a code of conduct going forward although that may not be possible considering the statement made by MAZ and the playing style of 'V'.

@thanatos ... I would request you to read whats written before completely and then please comment in support of the guild complaining if you really wish to...

The members who left the guild to start off on their own ofcourse attacked some LZ's on their own but that had nothing to do with any of the V's Sectors for them to call it as a ghost guild... they were busy on some LZ's which belonged to some other smaller guilds... Anyways the sectors this so called ghost guild attacked had no connection to the sectors we the main guild were attacking or with the complaining guild ....They never even reached next to V's sectors for them to get scared and cry foul on the forums and that's also clearly mentioned in the same post ...

When the so called ghost guild had not affected in anyway to the guild complaining and had been busy the whole of 7 days it existed in some corner of the map minding their own business how can that be called as ghosting I will never understand ... Does creating a separate guild by some members of a guild is immediately termed as a Ghost guild even if it doesn't do anything at all ?? Can't it be that the members had some misunderstanding within the guild which later got cleared and then joined back after the restrictions were lifted??

Last edited: