• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Name and shame ghost guild

DeletedUser99588

Are you saying our guild would be the type that falls into this category? We don't swap fighters at all. Other than this little instance right now, we have never even hinted at ghost gilding or swapping fighters.

Haven't a scooby do about your guild but it is common for many of the top guilds in worlds to transfer fighters with their allies allowing them to attack enemies when they wouldn't normally be able to reach them from their own sectors.

DeletedUser15501

I didnt even read most of that as most of it is complete rubbish . "By the way the guild which you people claim as GG of PT was never a GG at all ..." what are you saying . A member from PT left PT , made a new guild and attacked us from the LZs . That's a GG in my book no matter what way you flip it . Hello!

That's interesting. So PT as a whole has to be named and shamed because a random person from PT leaves the guild and starts a GG to attack another guild. That's bullcrap, we can't control every single member of our guild and neither can you, so you can't blame this on PT as a guild. Unless PT leadership agreed with the GG, but if that was the case our GG would have had more members and would have been much more effective I can asure you that. Now because we as a guild have always been against the use of GG we didn't take any advantage of it against V. This is simply the honest truth no matter how you try to frame it.

You are just being a bad loser because you's made a booboo by not protecting your HQ - in turn leaving all your sectors unprotected . Lap it up MY FRIEND .

We aren't even whining about losing sectors at all. How does this make us a bad loser? V is the one being a bad loser and whining about us ghosting and we are responding to that alone, not us losing some sectors which I personally couldn't care less about. Great job, congrats whatever.

You say your GG never attacked us from the LZ , well your very wrong there "MY FRIEND" . We were attacked from the LZs many a time from your GG . lol talk about not getting your facts right . Hello!

First it wasn't OUR GG, it was a GG made by someone who left our guild on his own accord. You could call it a rogue GG, because nobody else in our guild wanted to have anything to do with it. Secondly I don't believe this GG ever attacked even one of your sectors. But I haven't been watching the map full time and we in PT had no control over what they did or didn't do. I really doubt they did that though because it would have been a senseless move.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
First it wasn't OUR GG, it was a GG made by someone who left our guild on his own accord. You could call it a rogue GG, because nobody else in our guild wanted to have anything to do with it.

Ahh...Mission Impossible springs to mind - ''As always, should you or any of your guild members leave and form a GG, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.''

:)

DeletedUser15501

Ahh...Mission Impossible springs to mind - ''As always, should you or any of your guild members leave and form a GG, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.''

:)

Well as far as I know the two guild members realized their mistake quickly after they left and were just sitting out the 7 days so they could rejoin PT again. Anyone could have seen they weren't very effective as a GG, they were just having a little fun during these days but didn't accomplish anything that helped PT in any way.

Also consider this thought experiment: If you are a member of a club and then decide to do something that goes against the law or is just frowned upon generally, should your club you happen to be a member of be held responsible for that? In that case we should sue all clubs and organizations out there as I'm sure there are always certain members of those clubs who have done illegal things. Now GG isn't illegal of course and could be seen as part of the game, but it's not something PT has ever done or endorsed as a guild. But we can't control or are responsible for what each individual member does. That's the point here.

DeletedUser99313

PT.. You have a short memory, or is it selective? A few months ago we took several sectors from you in ME and your members response was to break out ghosts guilds, but not just one it was at least two possibly three. I had a conversation about this with ddevil and Timmers at the time, I accepted their statement that it was not guild policy or sanctioned... oh hang on, Timmers is a Leader/Diplomat... and left PT to form that recent gg.... so is that not a guild policy then? As a Leader/Diplomat and someone who claimed to oppose gg's he goes on to form a gg.

You know how that looks don't you?

GvG has long become stagnant, strong Guilds having aggreements with each other and walking all over smaller weaker Guilds to increase their "market share" all for the sake of "Prestige".
Where is the fun for everyone else?

All I hear from SOME of these stronger Guilds is how much WE have cost them, or how expensive it becomes for them, I hear/read from whiners who complain about how cheap it is for Guilds entering an Era and complaining about "ridiculous seige costs", ... well a reality check, as in any other strategy game the bigger your empire becomes the more it will cost you. If you don't have enough stock of goods to resiege then that is poor planning on your part.

As for controling your members that is easy, if you tell them that it is against Guild policy to ghost and they go and do it DON'T ALLOW THEM BACK INTO YOUR GUILD.
That is exactly what I told my members many,many months ago.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
PT.. You have a short memory, or is it selective? A few months ago we took several sectors from you in ME and your members response was to break out ghosts guilds, but not just one it was at least two possibly three. I had a conversation about this with ddevil and Timmers at the time, I accepted their statement that it was not guild policy or sanctioned... oh hang on, Timmers is a Leader/Diplomat... and left PT to form that recent gg.... so is that not a guild policy then? As a Leader/Diplomat and someone who claimed to oppose gg's he goes on to form a gg.

You know how that looks don't you?

GvG has long become stagnant, strong Guilds having aggreements with each other and walking all over smaller weaker Guilds to increase their "market share" all for the sake of "Prestige".
Where is the fun for everyone else?

All I hear from SOME of these stronger Guilds is how much WE have cost them, or how expensive it becomes for them, I hear/read from whiners who complain about how cheap it is for Guilds entering an Era and complaining about "ridiculous seige costs", ... well a reality check, as in any other strategy game the bigger your empire becomes the more it will cost you. If you don't have enough stock of goods to resiege then that is poor planning on your part.

As for controling your members that is easy, if you tell them that it is against Guild policy to ghost and they go and do it DON'T ALLOW THEM BACK INTO YOUR GUILD.
That is exactly what I told my members many,many months ago.

Well What did the so called ghost guild do exactly ...can u tell us that ?? how many sectors of your guild did they conquer exactly ?? ...LOL... Think you need to read properly what has been said till now and then speak accordingly ... they left the guild to form a GG but when PT told them not to attack they did exactly that ...They never attacked anybody as a Ghost Guild of PT ... whatever they did it was only for their personal battle points in PvP... there was no coordination at all between PT and that rogue Guild.... SO how did this particular GG affect your sectors?? Can you tell me ... The OP went on to claim that GG along with PT wiped V off the map ...is that really true?? The GG never even reached your sectors ... just above a few posts your friendly guild member did say that himself that they were busy on the LZ all the time for a week and were being severely ineffective ... SO how did the GG exactly affect you losing from both sides of the map?? North & then when you went south?? and both sides you were sent packing in matter of minutes just by PT ... Including helping out another guild in the south when u tried to run away onto their sectors?? How many sieges did u lost that day ?? Do u even remember or is it only the rogue guild of 2 members is what you remember now who were busy in the landing zone far end on the north side??

Also it might be your guild policy doesn't mean everybody has to follow what your guild follows ...do they ?? They did left the guild in a rush of blood But when PT instructed them not to attack on our behalf they did oblige ...and that according to us is more than enough... We dont need to give anybody the reasons how we run our guild and what policies we follow .... ...WHiners will always whine ...You have a problem with us why don't you show it on the map instead of sending your crybaby on the forum to cry out foul for losing badly and then you come yourself to support his claim ... What a bunch of bad losers you are all??

The last time it happened it was a long time back ... And i had told you myself clearly we do not support Ghosting ... ANd immediately I had called back those who were trying to attack your guild's sieges .... And you know very well they stopped attacking and returned back immediately when I asked them ... That time they had not gone out for ghosting at all... but had gone to help another guild (MCE if anybody remembers what had happened to them and it was our players who went there) to help them out to regain back their sectors... it was just one time help we did for a guild who had suffered badly due to another guild's bad mischief .... ANd at that time when we were severely depleted of our fighters V tried to take advantage ... which those guys being outside the guild couldn't watch quietly and formed a new guild to counter attack V's sieges .... but when SKa beat complained to me I immediately had it stopped and asked them to return back to the guild ...Did this not happen ??... this time its a different story altogether ... There was no attack at all in the first place ...Just 2 members had left our guild to form a new guild but returned back without actually doing anything ...(ineffective in PK's own words)... is that what made you guys shiver in your pants ?? ANd cry on the forums?? Never knew the guild which goes around saying in their profile that they bring down the big guilds are scared of just 2 members of one such guild forming another guild ... LOL ... As I said in my immediate reply to the OP's claim Do meet us on the map again and we will show what is PT all about if you haven't understood it already after getting beaten umpteen times ... Dont worry this time we will not give you reasons to cry... We will not let any member leave the guild ... We will not even kick any of our inactives for you to claim later that those inactives formed a ghost guild becoz of which you lost to PT ....

DeletedUser99313

Hmm ddevil, you have some facts wrong there, that MCE business was well out the way many months before our ME attack, all your members were in your Guild before they broke off to form gg's, and they couldn't go back to their mother Guild straight away as the 7 day rule had already been implented.

As for the recent gg, it is irrelevant what they did or didn't do to us, it is the principle of the matter of gg's.... one being formed by a Leader/Diplomat who previously deplored gg's.

It sounds to me you are desperatly trying to dodge a bullet.

I will also state now that we are not sore loosers, it's not about the winning, we never expect to last long against a stronger Guild who are well co-ordinated. If we manage keep sectors then great, if not shrug shoulders and try again.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL... So you accept the fact that the GG did not do anything at all for you to cry on this forum about it ?? ... SO why would one of your loony toons character come on this forum and claim that Private Trading along with its ghost guild wiped the whole of V off the map ??? WHat is that you guys really want ?? If the GG never did anything to any of your sectors why are you bothered about it at all ?? WHats there to cry about ?? Why was this thread even started claiming PT used GG to wipe out your guild sectors?? By the way what is there to dodge a bullet when I have clearly accepted that 2 members of our guild did go out of our guild for ghosting and we stopped them ?? WHy some of our members start a new guild is none of your business as long as you have not been affected by it ... So why would you make such a big fuss about it ?? I seriously dont understand whether its only the OP who has to be sent to a loony bin or the whole of your guild ...LOL ...

The old incident I remember very well SKA beat ... I was the leader of PT at that time ... Most of those members aren't even active now ... That whole episode happened when we were trying to help MCE regain back their sectors and those members you claim ghosted on you had already gone to MCE guild few days back ... During which you attacked us and took some of our sectors ... when they finished their help and were about to return back to our guild thats the time they tried to attack you on our sector .. You came to me crying about it at that time even after having attacked and taking our sectors ...And i being the kind hearted person consoled you and asked you not to worry ...told you I will stop them from doing such things to your guild ... You were so happy ... you thanked me about it at that time ... relieved that you can go back to your ghosting the bigger guilds all over again ...Those guys could have wiped off V in no time at all if i hadn't stopped them ...they were that many and some of our main / strong fighters at that time ... and they had gone out of the guild only to help MCE otherwise there was no reason for so many to leave the guild making it vulnerable to the attacks of petty guilds like V ... Dont come and tell me what happened in my guild Ska beat ... I know my guys well and I m a person who accepts mine or my guild's fault at the first instance ... Not a person to shy away from the mistakes ...ever. Never think that you or any of your loony toon character can come on the forum and claim anything about Private trading as you feel like and i would just leave it at that quietly ... Now go back into your cave and plot your next Big guild target ... Maybe you might want to try get back to our guild PT .... DO come please ... We will be waiting for you ...

DeletedUser15501

Timmers action was impulsive, he didn't form the gg himself but was invited by the other player who left on his own accord. It was a brain fart on his side born out of frustration which he admitted minutes after he clicked the leave button. It's not really something that I should have to share in public here but this is what timmers wrote right after he left us:

I would like to apologise to the whole guild for my stupid rash action,and leaving to ghost..
ghosting is not the Private Trading way,it has no honour..
We fight together win or loose as a team.
I am hoping you have me back in the guild,if not i understand
I apologise again.

Regards
timmers

So in this case there was no real discussion whether to allow them back in the guild, the GG didn't actually do anything substantial on the map and they quickly apologized for leaving with the intention to ghost. So no harm done, it was actually detrimental to us since we had to miss two good fighters on our team for 7 days.

DeletedUser6514

I will also state now that we are not sore loosers, it's not about the winning, we never expect to last long against a stronger Guild who are well co-ordinated. If we manage keep sectors then great, if not shrug shoulders and try again.

I hate to jump into your conversation but this particular part caught my attention. You guys have in your guild profile "Do you want the challenge of bringing down the big guys" Yet you're saying you know you guys don't really have a chance against them. So if you know you can't win a fight, why start it? No offense but that pretty much sounds like an organized ghost due to you never keeping enough sectors from them to matter.

Basically I'm asking what's your point as a guild (no offense)? Clearly you guys don't want to put in the work of gathering all the goods to take and hold as many sectors as the "bigger guilds" do but yet you want to bring them down...

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Scrappy-Doo is miniature but he will take on anybody without fear and without any regard for the consequences :)

"Let me at 'em!" ... "Puppy Power!"

Yaaaaaayy

DeletedUser16126

SKA you're mixing 2 guilds!!!
The ghost guild in ME was from MPT, not from PT. At that time both guilds were already grown apart and had their own strategies.
Anyhow GG (or any guild that act as a GG) is part of the game, and as long as INNO is not willing to adapt it, it will be an accepted way of fighting.
Most big guilds do it, and they do it on all servers, so don't get frustrated if you get the same response if you want to do similar things as a GG.
So why would any guild not allow fighters to return, it's common practice in FoE.

DeletedUser15482

I would like to share with you the incident with MAZ yesterday morning. Yes I am from -V- so you may say that I am biased, confused or whatever. Yes GG are 'legal' but how does any guild combat a GG laying seiges and sectors whilst the main bulk of the guild attack the other target sectors? At one stage there were 4 seiges going on at the same time. I think we lost 8 sectors in this action as the GG simply abandoned/did not defend the sectors and so MAZ took our holding in TE.

This is a repeated tactic of MAZ and is an illustration of how it is so difficult to play GvG fairly. If those of you who defend GGs feel it is OK please reflect on how you would feel if the same tactic was repeatedly targeted at you. We do not mind a fair fight but employing GG as part of your strategy leaves a very sour taste.

DeletedUser12146

Do you imagine owing sectors with no action? Boooring :D
-V- makes this game interesting. We love you guys/girls :D
Do not deviate from your mission, I fully support you!

DeletedUser15501

Do you imagine owing sectors with no action? Boooring :D
-V- makes this game interesting. We love you guys/girls :D
Do not deviate from your mission, I fully support you!

Hehe I fully agree, we're always looking for action even if it backfires sometimes. :D

As for the subject of GG, I think Inno should just make sieges for the first sectors more expensive and the problem will go away. It's their responsibility to fix this not ours. Nobody is going to ghost if it takes 100 goods to lay a siege for the first sectors. And those who do will quickly stop once they lose a couple sieges, as it's too expensive to keep up with just a few players in the GG. :)

DeletedUser16126

This is a repeated tactic of MAZ and is an illustration of how it is so difficult to play GvG fairly. If those of you who defend GGs feel it is OK please reflect on how you would feel if the same tactic was repeatedly targeted at you. We do not mind a fair fight but employing GG as part of your strategy leaves a very sour taste.
If I read your guild profile, then it's clear you target the big guilds.
PT is stronger than you, so PT moved you from the map to get that safe territory.
That 's the way GvG is done already for ages, and that's the way GvG shall be fought.
I'm not promoting GG's, but sometimes that's the only way to get a fair play. we all know how unballanced the siege goods are betwene a 20 sector guild and a guild with a few sectors is. I'm even not convinced that -V- wanted to get really a footprint in that area in TE. They just wanted to harm one big guild.... that's what I understood when I got contacted....

You wanted to change GvG, and made plans to attack big guilds (mainly PT) from different sides by different guilds.
Even I was contacted to join that alliance of different guilds.
Targetting only 1 guild in such a way, doesn't seem fair to me. I think you have to evaluate yourself if what you were doing was really fair. So don't be surprised that one way of playing the game at the limit of fairness, result in a reaction at the limit of fairness.
If you fight with respect to your enemy then you'll get a respectful fight back. That's how I experience the fighting in FD.
If you cross a line repeatedly... then everything can happen.

DeletedUser653

Hehehehe you've lost the plot somewhat methinks - a level 24 guild with less than a handful of sectors isn't a Ghost Guild - it's simply a guild with a few sectors.

Sorry mrbeef, if you see what damage IW is doing in EN1 as a ghost guild you will understand how effective a real Ghost Guild is. They kicked NWO off the map twice, OI runs before them and now they are squared up to C&A. A guild really can be a Ghost Guild.

Plus Tank was right to move this to FEL as the discussion is not a general one but very much a fel one.

DeletedUser16126

Sorry mrbeef, if you see what damage IW is doing in EN1 as a ghost guild you will understand how effective a real Ghost Guild is. They kicked NWO off the map twice, OI runs before them and now they are squared up to C&A. A guild really can be a Ghost Guild.

Plus Tank was right to move this to FEL as the discussion is not a general one but very much a fel one.
Agree:
A level 24 guild can perfectly act as a ghost guild in an era where they have no footprint. The only difference is that they cannot dissolve the guild to release the sector. But if they don't fill armies, someone else will surely solve that issue in no time...

DeletedUser11787

I would like to share with you the incident with MAZ yesterday morning. Yes I am from -V- so you may say that I am biased, confused or whatever. Yes GG are 'legal' but how does any guild combat a GG laying seiges and sectors whilst the main bulk of the guild attack the other target sectors? At one stage there were 4 seiges going on at the same time. I think we lost 8 sectors in this action as the GG simply abandoned/did not defend the sectors and so MAZ took our holding in TE.

even though MAZ is made of 35 members and 6 of them havent even reached contemporary era, you still blame us that you couldnt keep the sectors when we had 3 of our fighters out of the guild heheh try to improve your strategy guys. you and shadows are trying to steal from our land since forever with no success ;)) you are targeting the big guilds but yet you never attack phoenix knights and daybringers, maybe you´ll have better luck with them lol

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
The whiner who started this thread should change the OP as it has been accepted by the leader of their loser guild V - SKA BEATEN- that the claim was not at all real and the so-called GG of PT never did anything to them other then making them shiver in their pants just by starting a 2-member new guild ... C''mon PuG ... Man up, accept your foolishness and change the opening message which is full of lies and nonsense ... Or better still have this thread itself closed so that you all don't have to hear more about your Guild's misdeeds from every other FelD guild ...

If the guild V was an honorable guild and was serious about whatever they were trying to do / achieve in GvG I do think other guilds would have given them the respect they would deserve ... But as many have already said in this thread many times over that that particular guild is nothing but a glorified / organized Ghost guild in itself who are only trying to harass few guilds whom they think are bigger guilds just because these "bigger guilds" have put in all the hard work and lots of resources in the game and its all just for their sadistic fun ... IMHO dont think any guild of FelD would have anything good to say about this guild except maybe one or 2 with whom they have an agreement to be partners in exploiting other guilds ....

A sincere Message to the Guild V = Change your way of playing this game ...Stop playing this game just to harass others... try to achieve something in the game for your guild and try to safeguard it for your guild ...Only then you will know what the so called bigger guilds are going through because of your sadistic antics ...Dont think of Bringing down the bigger guilds like its foolishly mentioned in your profile ...instead think of making your guild one of the bigger guilds ...Stop being losers ... and maybe just maybe then the guilds of FelD might start respecting you guys as a guild ...