• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

My sudgestions

DeletedUser

Ok, here we I go

there are a few things I have found that are relativily annoying,

gold is built automaticly, supplies are not, this poses a huge problem, as the amount of time i am on does not allow for significant supplies production, not to mention the ability to spoil, now really, lets think here POTS DON'T SPOIL!!

also, the next big problem is the pvp, its not well explained and that makes it hard to earn the medal that are mandatory for the victory expansion, which I really need.

so here is my advice, tutorial/quest for PvP, more supplies is quests or automatic production (like huts), and no spoiling, we just can't be there all the time(as much as we would like to.

DeletedUser

Hi dude

I don't have much to say about whether the game should be changed or not regarding these things, but I do have some suggestions for your game play based on the issues you're having.

If you're having trouble with not getting on the computer for long then get supplies in longer intervals. If you set all your supply depots to 8 hours then you only need to be on your computer three times a day for 5 minutes each time. You won't make as many supplies as someone who is on their computer constantly, but you need to play in a way that suits your lifestyle. The longer you set your supplies for the longer they take to spoil. I'm not sure exactly what the time is, but from experience I've come to believe it's the time the supplies are set for. So, if you set supplies for 15 minutes, you have half an hour from setting them going to fetch them before they spoil. If you set supplies for an hour, you have two hours before they will be spoilt. Try and time it to a point that you know you will be back.

Victory in PVP is not the only way to get expansions. There are in fact four ways to get them. The most common is research. In addition to this there are PVP ladders, territory and then Diamonds. The most you can expect to get out of PVP ladders is two expansions in the shorts term. the reason for this is that the third one requires 200 medals which it would take months to acquire. I wouldn't set this as a goal, it's more like a nice little extra.

Getting expansions from territory is a reasonable goal. You are correct about there being no tutorial for the battles, but once you've done 3 or 4 you should have learnt enough to be able to manage. Some territories are harder to take than others. If you really battle with a particular territory you always have the option of negotiating for it.

Specific strategy advice can be found on the forum. If you're struggling against Ballista then do a search for ballista on the forums.

I do think that perhaps tool-tips could be added over the top of each type of unit the first time they appear to show you their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, the first time a horseman appears you could get a tooltip saying "Horseman: fast moving unit, good against ranged units, poor against light infantry."

DeletedUser

Supplies will last for at least 3x the amount of time that it took to generate them (I just saw a post of Blacksmith's that says they will last an hour or 3x production time, whichever is longer). Set for 4 hours, they're good for 12 once they finish.

Using the search function to look up "spoiling" will yield several threads on the topic. Is "spoiling" the best word to use? Not in all cases. Some of the other production buildings give food items (e.g. fruit farm, butcher, goat farm, etc). In terms of more static items such as pots, they crack after a time, or if left in a kiln too long. Tools (made by the Blacksmith) will rust if left outside too long. But don't be semantic about it: spoilage is a game device intended to allow the more active players to prosper over those who are less active. That's why the efficiency of production diminishes with the longer production times.

You don't need victory expansions, you want victory expansions. As spla5hmummy mentioned, there are a variety of ways to get expansions. And if you're really aiming for a lot of victory expansions, good luck. They get very expensive very quickly in terms of medal requirements. I believe it goes 10, 50, 200, ...

I thought the battle system was explained well enough:

Unlock an Age tower, say the Iron Age tower. Fight with Iron Age troops, get points for the Iron Age tower. End the week's competition on the top, get medals.

DeletedUser

The longer you set your supplies for the longer they take to spoil. I'm not sure exactly what the time is, but from experience I've come to believe it's the time the supplies are set for. So, if you set supplies for 15 minutes, you have half an hour from setting them going to fetch them before they spoil. If you set supplies for an hour, you have two hours before they will be spoilt. Try and time it to a point that you know you will be back.

Very nice tips there; and this one is almost correct :) :
Goods spoil at twice the amount you set them for, OR one hour, whichever is longer; so if you set them for 15 minutes, they will spoil after an hour (that is longer than 2x15 minutes), if you set them for an hour, they'll spoil after 2 hours.

DeletedUser

Pendragon,

Small thing for clarification, I thought it was 3x the production time? Blacksmith said that >HERE<

Was there a change to this that I didn't notice?

DeletedUser4089

I think Blacksmith just got it wrong :P
Anwar said "Supplies stale after the length of time it took to produce them OR 1 hour, whichever is longer." Link

I'm going to say that Anwar is right, since he's one of the Game Designers :)

DeletedUser

That post from Anwar is a month before Blacksmith's, maybe there was a change in that time?

My production buildings are about up, I'll test it out shortly.

DeletedUser

I suppose you'll have seen that it's twice the production time, or 1 hour, whatever is longer ;)

DeletedUser

Ha ha, I'd messed up my test the night that I wrote that post and hadn't gotten around to redoing it. But I have since tested it, and confirmed the twice production time spoilage.

DeletedUser5355

What? She killed them with mathematics, what else could it have been? ~ Jayne Cobb, Firefly

I love this quote. And Firefly.
Thanks for the timing on spollage.