• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

My Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1275
  • Start date

DeletedUser1275

I've only been playing for 3 days, but I think I have a good feel of the game. This is basically a list of how I feel about current game mechanics. I'll probably add more as I think of stuff.

What I like about this game is figuring out how to make your town as efficient as it can. It's not something I've come across before in a browser game. I really do enjoy figuring out how to minimize road use, and balancing military units, population, and happiness.

Resources
I think gold collection should be more independent from the player's activity level, since gold is necessary for research if you don't want to wait. I think gold should not have to be collected. It should be automatically added to the player's reserves once it hits the time limit.
As for supplies, I like to see supply decay removed. If the developers are insistent with supply decay, have it reduce supplies gained by 50% or 75% (max) if you do not collect it in time, instead of losing everything.

Research
I think we should have an upgrade to reduce the time needed to gain a forge point. Currently the only way to speed up research is to use gold which increases each time you do this. Progressing in late stages will be really slow and could put off some players.

Trades
Trades are broken, but I know that the devs are working on that. The 10:1 ratio is excessive. I was a bit disappointed when I researched what I needed for craftman only to end up needing goods I was not expecting to need. On a side note, I don't understand the purpose behind breaking us up into groups of 80 members.

Military
Some have been complaining about only being able to create 8 warriors. I actually prefer just having 8 units and being able to control where they move and who they attack vs having hundreds of soldiers and just be like 'You there, see that village? Go attack it,' like in Tribal Wars. I'm still able to win with weaker units using strategy, whereas in Tribal Wars, winning or losing is just determined by calculations.
Sure, it may like be unrealistic having a population of 1000 and only 8 soldiers, but this a game. Realism can be bent a little. With that said, I would like to expand my army to 12 or 16 units as I advance in the game.

I also think that the units need to be balanced more. I find myself only relying on slingers and wariors. Throwers and horsemen are pretty much useless. They're fragile and do weak damage. Sure, they have longer range, but the battle maps are small enough where long ranged units are not needed.

I also think the maps should be designed a little better. I feel like rocks, forest, water, etc. was just thrown in there so the map wouldn't just be grass. I would also like to see different types of battle maps with different features, i.e. having to fight in a castle where walls impede unit movements.

PvP
I don't really understand the purpose of PvP, though I admit, I haven't done much in terms of PvP. What does being a champion do for you? Why bother attacking other villages if you gain nothing in return? I only heard of medals via the forums and I don't know what they're used for.

Jester Questline
Remove it. Sure it's cute, but it's not worth spending thousands of gold/supplies and only get 25 diamonds in return.

Performance
The game can get really laggy at times, which is mildly frustrating when I just want to collect my resources and move on. Give us an option to reduce graphics. I would also like the ability to zoom in/out.

Diamonds
I don't really know how I feel about diamonds. This game has a competitive feel to it, but there's little player-to-player action. If the mods try to make this game more competitive, then yes, diamonds will break the game and will put off many players. However, if the mods develop this game into a more casual game, then I'm fine with the way diamonds are currently.

Ultimately, what FoE is right now is a casual game that requires competitive play. There's not enough to warrant the activity required. Players sit there and click away for days without any progress. Either tone down the activity required or add more features that encourage players to be online.

Last edited by a moderator: