• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mutually Beneficial

DeletedUser

EDIT: Mutually Beneficial Guild is now dissolved. Read through the thread if you wish to know more. As far as I am concerned the thread has information value for anyone looking for this type of Guild. I have chosen to join Invictum!

I had been looking in Fel Dranghyr for a Guild that is Mutually Beneficial. As I did not find one I decided to start my own. It will take a while to grow as the world is already established, but if you see what you like in this description then come help me make it thrive.

Mot/Pol is a bonus. There is no need to spend all your spare time polishing and motivating guild mates if you don't wish to. Each member should have enough cultural buildings that it is not a requirement of the Guild to polish x number of times a week. But this is Mutually Beneficial Guild, so just put in your profile that you want to exchange mot/pol (or not). Other members are free to trade Mot/Pol actions but it is not a requirement.

Trade. 1:1 same age and 2:1 up an age until Colonial. Colonial and Ind Age 1.5:1. Why a trade rule? Because some would take all the fair trades of rare goods that the Guild had to offer and resell them to neighbors at a profit. That is not Mutually Beneficial.

Fights. By all means fight with your neighbor, (or not), there is no rule about how many fights you have to do in the week. Your score is your own business. The Guild encourages you to do what is best for YOU, so long as it does not hurt fellow guild members.

Great Buildings. Members are encouraged to trade forge points. Members are encouraged to donate spare fps within the Guild when looking for BPs. Members are not required to do any of this, unless it is Mutually Beneficial.

FOE Rules. No member of any Guild should break FOE rules. If you sign into more than one account then look elsewhere for friends. If your Great Builidng is going up in levels due to contributions from a zombie account then move along to someone else's guild. There is nothing Mutually Beneficial in cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

You must not have looked very hard :P

Would have given you a spot in the Invictum Family (Invictum, Invictum Academy, Invictum Juniors). Pretty much the same ideals as you listed here.

DeletedUser

I read up on about 8 Guilds in FD and was a member of 2 of them. There are a lot of Guilds to look through and most are pretty much the same (Must mot/pol x number times per day, don't enforce trade rules, don't enforce rules, etc, etc.).

It would be a heckuva lot easier to join an established guild that already has what I am looking for. Since you can see from my post what I want, and I can tell you that my character on Fel Dranghyr has 60,000 points and no GB yet, how about suggesting which member of 'the family' would be a good fit? I am surely interested, and others reading this may be too.

This starting a Guild from scratch idea grows out of frustration rather than a desire to build Guild.

DeletedUser4089

Hehe, yeah. You should have an invite from 'Invictum' now. :)

DeletedUser4906

I'm sure my Great Dane (Max) is insured with "Mutually Beneficial" :p

DeletedUser7719

Eh, M/P is important in our eyes, so my leader to me to stay away from people like you. :p
But seriously, I always wanted a No-Polish-Needed guild. It would definitely speed up my m/p a bit, and I would have 25% less messages.
Btw Barti, "m/p as much as possible" and offering "motivation and polish support" sounds like a requirement to me ;)

DeletedUser4089

There'sa difference between "You'll get kicked if you miss a day" and "Do what you can"

DeletedUser4906

Eh, M/P is important in our eyes, so my leader to me to stay away from people like you. :p
But seriously, I always wanted a No-Polish-Needed guild. It would definitely speed up my m/p a bit, and I would have 25% less messages.
Btw Barti, "m/p as much as possible" and offering "motivation and polish support" sounds like a requirement to me ;)

My guild is purely motivation only, unless you ask to be polished which is no prob, hardly any do.

If your ever in Brisgard swing by....:cool:

DeletedUser4089

Not a direct quote, but there are guilds out there with that kind of attitude.

Me? I play for fun, I take whatever support I get and give out when I can.

DeletedUser

As the edit to the opening post says, I have joined Invictum and Mutually Beneficial Guild goes back to my 'unfulfilled ideas' section of my mind.

@byeordie
I think that mot/pol is an important part of the game. I also think it should not be a requirement of a guild. There may be 80 people in a guild and I would be happy swapping mot/pol with 20 of them every day and just giving the rest a hand once in a while. I tend to take on the stress personally when the Guild Leaders say something like: Do it or get out!

DeletedUser7719

That starts once my guild is full (and all members active) ;)
*evil laugh*