• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

music debate Whats better Metal or pop music

Ev4ma

Captain
Rules: no songs containing profanity
link songs from Youtube
If a song has a swear word must be in a spoiler and say it contains swearing
Do not go off the topic of music
Feel free to criticize music tastes as long as it is not too harsh ::)

Ev4ma

Captain
are the metal singers or pop singers better
I think metal singers are better cause all pop singers cant sing metal but metal singers can sing pop

Draqone

Corporal
doesnt mean
It's practically the only non-subjective way to measure popularity so I will stick to my definition.

Just like with FoE GBs:
Is Arc better than the Galata tower? Sure.
Why is it better? Because it's more useful, generating a higher income.
Does that make it more popular? Of course.

Arc might be a total eyesore that looks like a bloated rotting corpse of a hippopotamus while galata looks good but that's subjective, ergo hard to discuss...

Draqone

Corporal
actually metal singers have more powerful voices
Do they really though?

I mean, you can say that but I have yet to see a properly researched, peer reviewed study with empirical evidence that would back this claim.

Not only that, one has to ask a question if in the age of professional sound systems a "powerful" voice is even necessary. Musicians, on stage or in a studio, have so many tools at their disposal that I'd argue it's more important to have a good workshop, ie technique and well written music with good lyrics, than it is to have a "powerful" voice.

Very ambiguous question as there are many forms of Metal. Does this generic category include various forms of Rock music as well? I find Pop music to be very simplistic in its lyrics and its instrumentation. I've never been listening to a Pop song and gone "wow, that was an incredible guitar riff or solo, or said that drummer is incredible". They use a lot of sampled music, usually from Rock, drum machines and repetitive sequenced tracks. The vocals tend to use, and over use, autotune as well, in comparision to most Rock singers. The songs tend to be very cookie cutter in nature as well, verse, pre chorus, chorus , hook rinse repeat 3mins wham bam thank you maam. It appeals to the masses, hence its popularity, but by no means is it a superior form of music nor the talent as is required for Rock and Metal forms of music.
Its all a form of art, which is subjective to the consumer, so comparing the 2 is a discussion you'll never establish common ground on, just enjoy what you enjoy.

Pappathuxx

Private
Metal all the way, the faster and more brutal, the better..Pop? whats that pretty faces with auto-tune beeing told what to sing,what to say,how to dress and who to be..pop is a scam!!!

blank the faithful

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
I know this is an old thread but i wanted to add that it all depends on what music you appreciate. I appreciate pop music where others appreciate metal. We can all appreciate a certain genre of music.