• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Multiple Resource Province not pulling from correct one.

DeletedUser

• World:Arvahall
  • Browser and Version:Google Chrome 19.0.1084.46
  • Overview of the bug: I have scouted 2 provinces and they both provide Alabaster resources. I've claimed one and have left the other alone, yet as my screen shot below will show it's pulling resources from the unclaimed province leaving mine with 500/500 resources
  • Screenshots: alabaster claim.jpg
  • How often this occurs: I've only just noticed it and it's the only province I've seen duplicate resources
  • Urgency: none...let me pull from lands I don't own lol
  • Preventative Actions
  • Summary:as stated above
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:yep
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:Yep but to no avail

Be hppay taht I tmeproarly fxeid my bgegud poiflre for tihs....ohh no it's bcak!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

... as my screen shot below will show it's pulling resources from the unclaimed province leaving mine with 500/500 resources

... huh?
that is: i have tried and failed to comprehend what you're saying is wrong.

DeletedUser

He's saying that when he produces Alabaster goods, it's using up the raw resource from the province he does *not* control instead of the one he has conquered.

DeletedUser1081

thanks for the translation! :cool:
sounds like a good deal (except for the fact that having two deposits of one thing isn't so red-hot)

DeletedUser65

that maybe because the game is registering you have the alabastar but is taking it from the province you dont own as its also alabastar but is earlier in the sequence of sectors, but to be fair that's just a guess

DeletedUser

Definitely seems like a bug... confirmed...

Thanks Carasus and now the really fun question..... I've seen in other games such as The West that continuing to do something reported as a bug can cause you to be banned from the game. So in this instance am I allowed to continue producing Alabaster?

DeletedUser276

yes continue producing.... though I would suggest taking over the other province you dont control. The one with the higher resource can then be switched with a different resource

DeletedUser

yes continue producing.... though I would suggest taking over the other province you dont control. The one with the higher resource can then be switched with a different resource

What do you mean by "switched" with a different resource?

DeletedUser276

if it is indeed a bug then I am sure the devs would put a different resource in the spot of the copy resource. Personally I cant picture there being 2 of the same resource on a map. Thats just me. If there is allowed 2 of the same resource then they wont switch it to a seperate resource. All depends what the devs say is the intent of the resources.

DeletedUser

Wow... ok, i was going to bitch again but i will try to refrain myself...

I made a whole topic with that same issue: I have 2 alabaster in the very same spot as the OP... i even filled a ticked and i was sent away just like i arrived, none is willing to investigate if it is a glitch. In the meantime i am stuck with 2 alabaster (one is useless)... Can you get in touch with the devs to see if its normal to have 2 same goods in that spot?

I would be very grateful

Sorry for the offtopic, btw

DeletedUser

Hey I notice that they may have fixed this! My Good Deposits no longer show the 500/500 quantities on the continent map which leads me to another question....

Do our provinces with good deposits get used up or are they an everlasting thing now?

If everlasting that's cool but then comes the question of why multiple provinces with the same product?

DeletedUser

unless the new patch had changed this drastically, they aren't everlasting.. you still have 500, allowing you to produce 2500 of the good (5000 if you have 2 of the same bonus).

click on an actual good building you have a bonus for and it should say xxx/500.

And sorry stefanceltare, it's not actually a bug - you just got unlucky to get 2 of the same resource bonus. Alabaster isn't the worst one you could get stuck with at least -- continue producing and when we see a neighbourhood merge you'll have an easier time trading what you've made for stuff you actually need.

DeletedUser

unless the new patch had changed this drastically, they aren't everlasting.. you still have 500, allowing you to produce 2500 of the good (5000 if you have 2 of the same bonus).

click on an actual good building you have a bonus for and it should say xxx/500.

And sorry stefanceltare, it's not actually a bug - you just got unlucky to get 2 of the same resource bonus. Alabaster isn't the worst one you could get stuck with at least -- continue producing and when we see a neighbourhood merge you'll have an easier time trading what you've made for stuff you actually need.

well if that's the case then how do you know when you're running out? Have I used 350/500 or 450/500? I don't really know and when the time comes that everyone needs what I have I'd hate to give it all out in trades just to find out I've lost the production boost when I need it for myself.

DeletedUser1081

well if that's the case then how do you know when you're running out? Have I used 350/500 or 450/500? I don't really know and when the time comes that everyone needs what I have I'd hate to give it all out in trades just to find out I've lost the production boost when I need it for myself.

the buildings used to tell you how much you have left, and if they're not doing that after the update, it seems to be a bug. see here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?2515-Goods-deposit-number-not-showing-anymore

DeletedUser

i thought the building itself would still tell you. sorry im in W2 which has yet to be patched so dont actually have any knowledge of the matter..

DeletedUser1081

in pre-patch Brisgard my Town Hall still tells me: when i hover over the number i have in stock of some good i have a deposit for, it tells me how much is left. can someone on server en1 try that and let us know if it works, please and thank you kindly?

DeletedUser

In the new version it has no mention of this... including on the map or the town hall...looks like the goods are now unlimited or its a bug...

DeletedUser

In the new version it has no mention of this... including on the map or the town hall...looks like the goods are now unlimited or its a bug...

Could you please find out from Devs? If they are unlimited then me and others having multiple provinces of the same product is pointless.